You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Magia - General Information

User Info: kokushishin

kokushishin
4 weeks ago#361
Magia is incremental bonuses at a constant pace that works for every character.

Trust farming is hit or miss and requires mastery for the actual reward, but the ones you actually care about are almost exclusively on 5* summons from limited banners.
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
4 weeks ago#362
kokushishin posted...
Magia is incremental bonuses at a constant pace that works for every character.

Trust farming is hit or miss and requires mastery for the actual reward, but the ones you actually care about are almost exclusively on 5* summons from limited banners.

Which makes it even sillier that people think they need to farm magia. Just let the characters slowly get their tiny bonuses and don’t burn yourself out on something that means so little.
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: Microcastle

Microcastle
4 weeks ago#363
Seph, Bartz, Cloud, Roxas all maxed out in ATK

Axel, Rosa, Elarra, Aerith, Rydia, Strago all maxed out in HP
"When you're loving most at night
And I love you back."
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Star Ocean 3

Star Ocean 3
4 weeks ago#364
7 months in JP and I haven't heard anything about players quitting because of Magia, or significant backlash against it. The people who don't care about it ignore, as they should (and can). No content is locked behind it like in BE, so the overreacting is kinda silly. I remember when people said Cloud USB was going to be the death of this game.

User Info: xharvestx

xharvestx
4 weeks ago#365
Magia is a lot of fun, it is a non gacha way to give your roster power.
Approximately every festival to festival, I should be able to get at least 2 groups of five their first 100 stat points. That bump up in atk/mag plus the infusion of soul breaks from banners I am targeting summer fest and beyond will do a lot for my account.

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
4 weeks ago#366
The mechanic itself isn’t a problem. Having a way to slowly gain a small bonus to your characters is great. The issue I have is completely different.

First, they made the same mistake that Gumi did and made the system abusable via macros. FFRK has existed for 4 years without a system in place that incentivizes you to macro and I feel if they instead thought outside the box (and listened to all of the complaints of players that hated TMR farming), they could have implemented it better.

Second, magia itself won’t make people quit. It’s a nice added feature for those utilizing as intended. What will make some people quit (earlier than they may have) will be burn out from spending extra time unnecessarily farming. Once you feel the game has become a chore, even if by your own making, it becomes a lot less fun. This is what caused players to quit FFBE.

My posts are simply a suggestion to not stress out over leveling all your characters magia so quickly and instead to play the game as you have all this time, letting the magia points build up slowly as intended. I’m speaking from experience, just like I was when I warned people about the risks of macroing and got similar “it won’t happen” replies. It took less time to happen than I had even predicted.
FC: 5472-6255-9417
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
4 weeks ago#367
+1 making the game feel like a a chore is what leads to burn out and dropping the game. but tbh to me, i havent even bothered to grind for magia... maybe because my goals in the game hasnt required that level of dedication or maybe because i understand that a bigger wall for players like myself is not magia but not having the necessary relics.

so until i can RNG those relics i can not really progress the game as far as I would like n that limits my playing time anyway lol

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
3 weeks ago#368
All right thanks I guess.
So why we exist? What happens when we stop existing?

User Info: Waste_Punks

Waste_Punks
3 weeks ago#369
I raised Terra’s magic atk to 100. Should I raise HP now even though she’s a trance user? Unsure how to use the extra points so they just sit there 😐
FFRK friend ID: DYNj
RW: Divine Veil Grimoire

User Info: Ktc

Ktc
3 weeks ago#370
A'right... My III Torment attempts yesterday made me realise what magia can do when I gave +100 MAG on OK, so decided to macro Fabul on my phone for Torment teams and used this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/b46x91/onphone_dungeon_grinding_macro_for_android/

Really easy and inputs are spaced out enough making it somewhat safe. Got it supervised ofc and I won't go all out.

This however made me consider my stamina management.
How do you handle Magia grinding vs Crystal farming? My 6* ability targets were raised to R4-R5 taking into consideration abilities up to the 6* ninja JP got recently, so I'm at a decent spot atm (Black Crystal numbers are really high but every other type is at low 300's max).
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Magia - General Information