You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFI Torment: Villainous Cycle General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: dustpal

dustpal
3 months ago#101
I could barely clear D240. No native party boosts or faithga meant damage was super low. Not even sure if there are any SBs for that in this realm. Didn’t help that I brought the instant cast heal over the realm chain RW since I couldn’t get a heal SB off in the first three turns.

How are people applying Hastega on this one? I was using the 5* ability with Sarah, but there must be an easier/faster way. What about shellga/protectga?
Navy Blue battler on the MSB
Yoshiking: A wise man once said "Never listen to wise men."
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PlatinumArrow

PlatinumArrow
3 months ago#102
29'66 on D???, came down to the last second because I had to get Sarah's Lv3 Brave command in.

Master AOSB | R4 Ironfist Fire / R4 Fires Within | +Fist RM
Matoya USB | R3 Chilling Blizzard / R4 Abyssal Shards | Gathering Storm
WoL AOSB + EnHoly LMR | R5 Healing Smite | +Sword RM
Sarah Glint + bUSB | Ultra Cure / Allegro con Moto | DMT
Meia LMR + USB + AOSB | R4 Chain Waterja + Voltech | +Water RM

Full Legend Spheres for everyone. If I had to think of Torment bosses to put on a s***list then Garland would be on it. Stupidly high non-elemental damage, not to mention Master is useless and basically counts for like half an AOSB because he has so few ways to boost damage. But hey, at least I never have to touch this awful, awful realm and boss fight ever again.

Man, all I wanted was Wol bUSB...

dustpal posted...
How are people applying Hastega on this one? I was using the 5* ability with Sarah, but there must be an easier/faster way. What about shellga/protectga?

Most efficient way to get all of them up is through Sarah's Glint / USB or Echo's SSB / USB, so it's going to suck if you don't have them.
FFRK FC: QJLH | Currently: Magic Hour (Roxas AASB)

User Info: Sporadicles

Sporadicles
3 months ago#103
Mastered at 55:21. I've decided to put more focus on Torments before the Realm Draw refresh. If I can beat the Torment I should consider skipping the Realm Draw (but also.. er.. maybe not. 15 mythril is just an alluring price.. we'll see).

Sarah: R3 Shellga/R3 Ode to Victory; BSB; MM; 1x major water resist
Wol: R4 Grand Charge/R2 Gigant Swing; LMR/USB2; Wings Unfurled; 1x moderate fire/earth resist, 2x earth boost
LD WoL: R3 Protectga/R4 Healing Smite; BSB/USB2; Scholar's Boon; 1x moderate fire/ice/water resist, 2x holy boost
LD Master: R4 Ironfist Earth/R3 Earthen Rebuke; USB/AOSB; No Chicken Wuss; 1x moderate fire/earth resist, 2x earth boost
Matoya: R2 Hastega/R4 Curada; SSB; Gathering Storm; 1x moderate fire/earth resist

Magicite: Unicorn (Health Boon 8), Quetzalcoatl (Dampen Water 10, Deadly Strikes 8), Madeen (Attack Boon 20 x2), Famfrit (Blade Ward 8, Health Boon 8), Siren (Spell Ward 8)

After a few attempts that were nearing 70% the stars aligned and victory appeared. If I did the fight again I'm not sure we'd win, but after about 30 seconds I have a tendency to lose the flow of any fight. But it doesn't matter - that time I was on point.

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#104
@Sporadicles Wow, congrats! Especially knowing from my very similar team the difficulty of getting past 70% or so with Sarah BSB as the only medica. Do you happen to recall how you got through the P3T4 Incubus Round Edge? That thing hurts, so I'm thinking the best thing is to try to skip it.

And it's a shame that Matoya SSB doesn't seem to be an AA pick, feels like the sort of thing thing they're trying to push.
(edited 3 months ago)

Sporadicles
3 months ago#105
@ffrkowaway Thanks and as always, a respectful nod to your knowledge and progress through these.

I'm sorry to say that I don't recall. With Magicites I fight them so many times that I know the whole fight. With this Torment specifically I wasn't expecting to win, and just feeling out the fight. But on that attempt I somehow managed it. If I get time I may go back and try again.

Near the end both Sarah and Matoya died. Before then they were both purely healing and I think Sarah's crit song had fallen off. Unicorn's heals were also very helpful, which was great as otherwise I was feeling a bit silly using it to only block one status on WoL.

Oh, and Wol's USB2 debuff helped to lower Garland's damage too.

Right at the end Master used his AOSB and managed about 150k damage, then WoL's USB finisher hit for full damage, or at least very close to it. It was all honestly a bit unexpected.

Sporadicles
3 months ago#106
Okay, I've tried it more and died a lot - go team panic.

I managed to win again and tried to keep an eye on what was happening. It's times like now that I'm reminded how mechanical my brain isn't, but this is what I noticed.

It seems that WoL's USB2 and Wol's USB2 allow me to deal enough damage after WoL is hit by the multihit paralyse. He gets enough bar to use his USB2 twice whilst Wol can USB2 into Gigant Swing into Bravery lvl 3. Backed up by Master we can push into P4.

User Info: Neo Zekele

Neo Zekele
3 months ago#107
@PlatinumArrow posted...
29'66 on D???, came down to the last second because I had to get Sarah's Lv3 Brave command in.

Master AOSB | R4 Ironfist Fire / R4 Fires Within | +Fist RM
Matoya USB | R3 Chilling Blizzard / R4 Abyssal Shards | Gathering Storm
WoL AOSB + EnHoly LMR | R5 Healing Smite | +Sword RM
Sarah Glint + bUSB | Ultra Cure / Allegro con Moto | DMT
Meia LMR + USB + AOSB | R4 Chain Waterja + Voltech | +Water RM

Full Legend Spheres for everyone. If I had to think of Torment bosses to put on a s***list then Garland would be on it. Stupidly high non-elemental damage, not to mention Master is useless and basically counts for like half an AOSB because he has so few ways to boost damage. But hey, at least I never have to touch this awful, awful realm and boss fight ever again.

Man, all I wanted was Wol bUSB...

dustpal posted...

Most efficient way to get all of them up is through Sarah's Glint / USB or Echo's SSB / USB, so it's going to suck if you don't have them.

I wouldn't say that Master is useless, as he hits for 99999 ×3 for me. He's just like any other character in that if you don't have enelement or similar it's not going to do good damage.

I see you don't have his Glint, there's the issue. 100% crit and the additional weakness damage definitely make up for lack of enelement.
FC: 1907 - 9209 - 1140
Pokemon USUM: Newbie

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#108
Up to 90% in 45.15s. Only seeing 3 turns in P3 does seem to be the way to go for me, though it might mean I lack burst damage to get to 100%, since I use it up there.

This is one I'd definitely like to get there before the Ward nerf, since I'm seeing 8799 damage that is just barely bring survived in a couple spots. An a Artifact might be just the ticket.

User Info: randante

randante
2 months ago#109
Manage to sub-30 (29.55s) D??? by LD Matoya, others just 4* motes.

- WoL - USB2, AOSB
- Matoya - USB
- Echo - USB, BSB2
- Meia - Glint, USB
- Sarah - USB2
- Magicite - Behemoth King (XIII)

(29.55s) (WoL/Matoya/Echo/Meia/Sarah)

https://youtu.be/Hyy5ccIsf_U
PSN (randante) - SWITCH (SW-8436-1101-4630) - FFRK (eYaR) - DFFOO (693959198) - DL (38573107961)

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
2 months ago#110
My WoL is a crazy monster, and Master can build the realm chain but no one else in FF1 is really well geared for it. Doing the 400 Garland, phase 3, Incubus Round Edge whiped out everyone on the team but WoL.

Then WoL explodes.

AOSB 3x99999, Bright Finale from BUSB 1x99999, Healing Smite 5x 9999. In maybe 3 seconds?

Garland dead. Mastery with 1 unit standing. I actually screamed out loud.
Too stupid to be BAF2P(BTW)
FFRK: t5PE; FFBE: 875,851,263
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFI Torment: Villainous Cycle General Information + Boss Tips