You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXI Torment: Hatred Incarnate General Information + Boss Tips
After landing Shantotto's AOSB yesterday, decided to finally make an attempt on the d??? Shadow Lord, and after a few minor adjustments here and there...

https://i.imgtc.com/JknCtRe.jpg

Woohoo! 2nd d??? clear!

Prishe (SSB) Protectga/Ironfist Earth (Damage boost RM)
Lilisette (USB, LMR) Flash Disaster/Enfeebling Jitterbug (Dr. Mog)
Aphmau (USB) Shellga/Curada (MM)
Shantotto (USB, AOSB) Memento Mori/Lunatic Thunder (damage boost RM)
Ayame (USB, AOSB) Hailstorm/Ice-touched Blade (damage boost RM)

Originally wanted to have Prishe in a more DPS role, but I needed a Protectga slot in to get through the initial phase, so she became more support, especially since she's my only in realm Last Stand. Overall good, but I know a couple of spots that could be better, namely if I can time Aphmau's 2nd USB cast after Ultimate Damning Edict, and a reliable way to Trance Shantotto w/o sacrificing DPS.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
1 month ago#142
Wow congrats!! @Shadow_Stalker_X Bet you were pleasantly surprised :D
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU
sarothias posted...
Wow congrats!! @Shadow_Stalker_X Bet you were pleasantly surprised :D

Definitely. I knew I was well off in the realm, but it wasn't until I actually nabbed the AOSB did a clear look feasible, since Shantotto would burn through her ability uses pretty quickly once her USB got going.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
1 month ago#144
Blargh. How irritating. Been trying for hours, but I've been unable to get faster than 33 seconds. Which I guess is pretty good, but unless I get a series of quadcasts from Shantotto, I'm not sure how I can make this any faster.

Actually there is a way, but it's a bit more expensive than I would prefer. More on this later.

Ayame (LM1+LM2): R1 Freezing Moon, R4 Frost-Touched Blade, Gathering Storm (BSSB/OSB), double ice boost
Shanotto (LM2+LMR1): R4 Hell Thunder, R4 Lunatic Thunder, Scholar's Boon (USB), double lightning boost
Lion (LM1+LM2): R3 Steal Power, R4 Storm Assault, Acestriker (USB/BSSB), double wind boost
Aphmau (LM1): R4 Curada, R3 Protectga, MM (USB)
Curilla: R5 Healing Smite, R3 Shellga, DMT (BSSB)

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Madeen (L20 ATK Boon + L20 Mag Boon), Behemoth King (L15 Empower Lightning x2), Manticore (L15 Empower Ice x2), Madeen (L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Act), Lakshmi (L20 MND Moon + L10 Dampen Dark)

+100 magia on relevant stats (Mag on Shanotto, Mnd on Aphmau, Atk on Ayame Lion and Curilla)

A big issue was getting Shantotto to trance safely. Had to actually give her 600 HP of waters to get it done reliably. Hopefully this won't screw up her magicite contributions (Typhon and Geo), but I'll deal with that later.

After that, I suppose the issue is that 'Totto doesn't get online until 15 seconds in. That's because she's using 5* Hell Thunder to build gauge, which is slow. I could give her Chain Thundaja, but I need 5 casts of witch under USB to win, and I don't feel like honing Lunatic Thunder to R5 for this one fight. My dark crystal stash is already low after honing the 6* darkness abilities to R4. I can do it, but it would leave me in a hole - not sure if 40 rubies and 25 5* motes are worth the hassle right now.

I guess I'll leave this here for now and come back when I have an AASB for the realm. Or even an AOSB would do the trick. Unless someone has another suggestion for how to go faster.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

User Info: joe_xc

joe_xc
1 month ago#145
I keep wanting to go after this one. Just can't seem to put out any damage. Any suggestions on set up / RMs to try for a clear? Characters are:

Prishe SSB / BSB
Curilla SSB
Aphmau BSB
Ayame BSB / OSB
Shantotto SSB1 / SSB2 / BSB / CSB / USB / LMR1 / LMR2

Prishe, Curilla, Shantotto all have 200 Magia. Ayame will hit 200 soon as well, Aphmau is at 100. All are dived, Shantotto has 30 Crystal Waters in HP, MAG, DEF, RES. Big issue is that I need to deal much more damage.
Starting a Twitch account! Silverhawk568.
FFRK: Tryo's Divine Veil Grimoire. Code: K1gh
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Blaze0fGlory

Blaze0fGlory
1 month ago#146
joe_xc posted...
I keep wanting to go after this one. Just can't seem to put out any damage. Any suggestions on set up / RMs to try for a clear? Characters are:

Prishe SSB / BSB
Curilla SSB
Aphmau BSB
Ayame BSB / OSB

Prishe, Curilla, Shantotto all have 200 Magia. Ayame will hit 200 soon as well, Aphmau is at 100. All are dived, Shantotto has 30 Crystal Waters in HP, MAG, DEF, RES. Big issue is that I need to deal much more damage.

Do you get Shan into trance right away? She’s the only one that will really do any damage. The rest are just there to chip in. I gave her MM and sent her to work. Ayame is decent once her en ice is up.
FF fan since NES
FFRK Gtja Elena bsb

User Info: joe_xc

joe_xc
1 month ago#147
Blaze0fGlory posted...
joe_xc posted...

Prishe SSB / BSB
Curilla SSB
Aphmau BSB
Ayame BSB / OSB

Do you get Shan into trance right away? She’s the only one that will really do any damage. The rest are just there to chip in. I gave her MM and sent her to work. Ayame is decent once her en ice is up.

No, haven't found a good method. I needed the 30 Crystal Waters in HP for Typhon, but it makes getting Trance rolling here difficult.
Starting a Twitch account! Silverhawk568.
FFRK: Tryo's Divine Veil Grimoire. Code: K1gh
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yidoger

yidoger
1 month ago#148
Slightly off topic, but @ShinUltima I gave Shantotto full HP Waters and she gets to Trance on Geo's second attack without fail. No experience using her in Typhon, but on the Water 5* front you're still good.
Follow my gaming shenanigans @ https://www.youtube.com/user/WhyProductionable

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#149
This somehow just became my fastest D??? sub-30 out of the dozen I've managed so far, at 27.23s... and that's with no Shantotto USB.

It is probably pretty specific to Shantotto AOSB owners though, since that lets me skip the P2T2 Physical Shield and just keep on DPSing. In fact, I have to make sure not to do too much DPS in Phase 1, because if I don't see the P1T7 Ultimate Fire V, her AOSB won't be ready in time. Her en-lightning LMR is also pretty important I think, at least if she's not using a synergy Artifact.

LD Lion / no relics used / R5 Fire Assault + R3 Steal Power / +35% thief dmg RM / double fire boost
PD Aphmau / USB + LMR / R4 Curada + R3 Protectga / Mako Might / major dark resist
LD Shantotto / AOSB + SSB + LMR2 / R5 Chain Thundaja + R3 Memento Mori / +30% dmg RM / double lightning boost
LD Prishe / SSB / R3 Ironfist Fire + R3 Shellga / +40% monk dmg RM / double fire boost
LD Ayame / BSB + OSB / R4 Frost-Touched Blade + R3 Hailstorm / Gathering Storm / double ice boost
Bonds of Historia as RW
Belias (+L15 Empower Fire, +L20 ATK Boon) as main magicite; Madeen x2 (+L8 HP Boon x2, +L20 ATK & MAG Boons), Quetzalcoatl (+L15 Empower Lightning x2), and Mateus (+L15 Empower Ice, +L15 MAG Boon) as subs

Aphmau and Shantotto are in Slots 2 and 3 to help tame the slot-specific non-ranged physical damage here. Prishe and Ayame are in the bottom two spots so they can use their SBs on their fourth turns (the top spot misses out on a crucial hit).

I definitely want to point out that Lion with no relics was pretty amazing, 10/10 would dive again. Taking some healing burden off of Aphmau, while doing rapid-fire great damage, she doesn't feel lacking despite not using any relics.

Shantotto trances on the P1T6 Kick Back, though it would be sooner if Aphmau's T1 USB didn't heal everyone after the P1T1 Ultimate Bowels of Agony. Since I think I need the MAG buff from Memento Mori in one ability slot, Chain Thundaja was needed for her second ability so she could get to her AOSB in time. With no USB to worry about, and with no room for her triplecast witch LMR, I didn't feel like I was missing out on too much having to forego Lunatic Thunder.

Also of interest, Aphmau's LMR can be useful even when using Curada. I'm not sure it made any practical difference here, but if it the HP Stock from her LMR procs, it procs after Curada's HP Stock has already been applied (and consumed, if applicable).

Approximate turn order:
Lion: Steal Power -> Realm Chain (instacast) -> Fire Assault -> Steal Power -> Fire Assaults

Aphmau: USB -> Protectga (wait to use after P1T2 Kick Back, otherwise Shantotto won't Trance in another 4 turns) -> Curada x3 (not Shantotto/Lion) -> USB (when P1T7 is the last turn of P1, her turn comes up perfectly to use her USB here to recover from the P2T1 Ultimate Daming Edict) -> Curadas, prioritizing those who've lost Last Stand, using USB once more when ready and needed

Shantotto: Memento Mori -> Chain Thundajas, using AOSB when ready, then SSB when ready for the extra hit over Chain Thundaja

Prishe: Shellga -> Ironfist Fire x 2 -> SSB -> Ironfist Fires, renewing Realm Chain on the instacast turn from Aphmau's second USB

Ayame: FTB x2 -> Hailstorm -> BSB -> FTBs, using OSB once when ready (hardly essential, since a dualcast at that point would do essentially the same damage)

Everyone's synergy baseline stats:
Lion: 8489 HP / 298 DEF / 282 RES / 630 ATK
Aphmau: 7433 HP / 369 DEF / 459 RES / 654 MND
Shantotto: 6731 HP / 261 DEF / 385 RES / 810 MAG
Prishe: 8408 HP / 308 DEF / 306 RES / 650 ATK
Ayame: 8698 HP / 358 DEF / 306 RES / 683 ATK

User Info: Ktc

Ktc
4 weeks ago#150
28.74 (no screenshot cause guy kneels down and vanishes fast :P)
That makes it 7 sub30 now! :D

Lion - Fire Assault R4, Mug Bloodlust R1 - LM1 + LM2 - Scholar's Boon
Shantotto - Lunatic Thunder R4, Hell Thunder R5 - LM1 + LM2 - USB, AOSB - Gathering Storm
Aphmau - Curada R4, Protectga - LM1 - USB - DMT
Prishe - Ironfist Fire R4, Shellga - LM1 + LM2 - SSB - Spark of Life
Ayame - Ice Touched Blade R4, Hailstorm R3 - LM1 + LM2 - BSB, OSB - Orphaned Cub

Main Magi: Belias (+lv15 Empower Fire x2)
Sub Magi: Madeen (+lv20 Magic Boon x2), Madeen (+lv20 Attack Boon x2), Manticore (+lv15/10 Empower Ice), Lakshmi (+lv10 Dampen Dark, lv5 Health Boon)
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXI Torment: Hatred Incarnate General Information + Boss Tips