• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: The Skies of the Past (FFXII Firemane + Behemoth King)

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#1
"Being a legendary Guardian, Protector of all that lives within the Feywood.
Long thought to exist only in Myth, until one brave Soul ventured into the Wood in search of proof, only to lose his life in the attempt. His Friend petitioned a hunt for this Mark."

Mote reward type: Spirit and Vitality

We're declaring the death of the General Raid Assistance topic, since nobody really uses it anymore. Well, it's still kicking for now though: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/77010135
That said: If you need (or want) any help with these bosses, feel free to ask. People are usually quite willing to help.

-- Firemane (Normal/Hard) --
Medals: Finish with 2 or more heroes not KO'd
Elements: Water (weak), Fire (absorbs)
Breaks/Mitigation: Normal: No break resistance; Hard: Resists breaks; Both: Mixed mitigation

Physical moves: Kick (PHY), Rush (PHY)
Magical moves: Fire (BLK, Fire), Bushfire (NAT, AoE, Fire, % Poison)

-- Behemoth King (Ultimate+/Apocalypse+) --
Medals: Finish with 2 or more heroes not KO'd
Elements: All elements (resists)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists breaks; Mixed mitigation
Other notes: Behemoth King begins battle with the Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen and Reflect statuses.

Physical moves:
Rake (NAT)
Attack (PHY)
Ultimate White Breath (NAT, AoE, Ice, ranged, ignores DEF, % chance of Stop)
Magical moves:
Holy (NAT, Holy)
Darkga (BLK, AoE, Dark)
Ardor (BLK, AoE, Fire)
Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga (NAT, Fire or Ice or Lightning)
Other moves:
Slowga (WHT, AoE, % chance of Slow)
Paling (all physical and PHY-type damage becomes 0 for several turns)
Anti-Magick (all magic and BLK/WHT/SUM-type damage becomes 0 for several turns)
Counters:
% chance in response to PHY abilities: Attack (PHY)

Dispel his auto-statuses right away. He'll use his physical immunity or magic immunity periodically after a couple turns, alternating between the two but always starting with the physical immunity. Mage teams are slightly preferred so that they can actually attack from the start, and because they won't take counterattacks. (Just make sure you dispel that Reflect first!) And of course, you're dealing with ye olde omni-resistance, but you can overpower that with chains or imperils.

Wall+Shellga, and preferably Protectga and ATK+MAG debuffs if reasonable. You also need to contend with the AoE Stops and Slows. Astra+Affliction Break can take care of both, and Stop resists are recommended. Alternately, you can bring phys blinks to cover Ultimate White Breath (the AoE Stop), and Hastega for the Slowgas. Note, Ultimate White Breath appears scripted to 81% and 51% HP, this is unconfirmed.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
4 weeks ago#2
Ugh at XII Behemoth King. His gimmicks mean I might have to spend more than 30 seconds thinking about the fight.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#3
Manticore team - Vincent CSB, OK mUSB, Aphmau USB, Shelke, Vivi USB. Divine Veil as RW.

Uncomfortably strong for a D220 multi, both bulky and strong with plenty of gimmicks to deal with... My party here was a little op, though, so it's the same result. I meant to bring Astra btw, on Unicorn. I somehow forgot that magicites are off-limits in multi. So that was a full AoE Stop, luckily I managed to skip one of the White Breaths though with pure DPS.

...Well, at least I remembered Dispel for once, lol.
What a fuddy duddy.

ShinUltima
4 weeks ago#4
Bruteforced with Wind team (Cloud/Shelke/OK/ELarra/Zack) with RW Tyro USB3 (Hi, @Relm_Arrowny_87!), but it wasn't pretty. Got hit by AoE Stop twice (I equipped against SLow; guess I chose wrong) which nailed every one, which forced my chain to run out and Cloud USB to wear off and I ran straight into Paling. Lost Elarra near the end though I wasn't in any real danger, as he was down to maybe 3% HP. He wasn't doing much damage, just his damn gimmicks dragged out the fight much longer than it would have otherwise. More irritating than hard.

User Info: unknown081

unknown081
4 weeks ago#5
Noctis - Omega Drive R3 / Lifesiphon R5 - LMR/2/Truthseeker - Armiger Wakes / Critical Link / Armiger
Elarra - Enfeebling Jitterbug R3 / Warrior's Hymn R3 - LMR/2/Dr. Mog's Teaching - Magika Album
OK - Wrath R5 / Entrust R4 - LMR/2/Ace Striker
Ashe - Dispel / Voltech R5 - LM1/2/Forbidden Arts II - Empyrean's Edict
Ignis - Wrath R5 - Mako Might - Stalwart Cook
RW: Divine Veil Grimoire

Not so bad, I only got see paling near the end but coincidentally was up just after it used Ultimate White Breath which despite wearing stop resist for all, of course it went through 3(!) out of 5, Noctis included so same difference. At least Ashe wasn't one of them so she still could do some damage at least.
3DS FC: 0087-2527-3441

User Info: Faroth

Faroth
4 weeks ago#6
This boss is definetly easier that Gilgamesh....

Full-Realm Party:

Vaan (BSB+USB)
Gabranth (BSB+USB)
Vayne (BSB)
Reks (USB)
Penelo (BSB2)

The strategy was simple: Just Build SB with Lifesiphon at start, and after the pailing goes down, just strike with everything.
Vayne died before the third turn... so This was like a 4-man win. (3-Man1-Girl)

Vaan is still nuts in DPS. He got the 3 bars by the time the Pailing was down and started with BSB and then had a non-stop IC madness.
Gabranth with his USB was pretty fast also. Combined with 2 imperil dark BSB that powered his attacks.
Reks had Dispel+Curaja so acted like a second-healer (with the lightning-radiant shield also contributing some damage)
Penelo BSB2 Saved the day with Guts. Vayne died before the first cast so... well... he sucked... But the others were saved by the guts a couple of times. (Vaan was never in danger xD God bless IC Thieve's Revenge)
FFRK RW: Cloud USB - Code YWwo - Because why not

User Info: Silfurbor_Negla

Silfurbor_Negla
4 weeks ago#7
Manage to beat the d220 without seeing palling, rng on my side though

Orlabdu usb lmr, r4 heal smite, truthseeker
Tyro usb2 lmr, afflict break, dmt
OK lmr, dedia/dispel, tgm rm
Ramza lmr csb, assault saber, mako
Shelke entrust bot, ace striker
Rw: cloud usb
Ice resist on all

Tyro usb2 to haste and astra then afflict break
OK dispel then dedia spam
Shelke wrath x2>entrust orlandu
Orlandu use rw after shelke wrath twice, so on next turn we can chain entrust>usb instantly
Ramza cast csb when orlandu ready to cast his usb
Then orlandu spam heal smite

Need these to happen
-good atb on tyro
-dedia at least lv1 imperil
-orlandu astra didnt used on first stop/both stop didnt hit
-orlandu triple cast occur twice

Probably can be improved but I got it down on my 2nd try lol
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.

ShinUltima
4 weeks ago#8
Wasn't pleased with the way my last D220 fight went, so after stomping the D160 with the same team (put in Stop resist over Slow resist, but forgot Dispel; but oh well), I went back to the D220 and this time crushed it without seeing Paling. Cloud went Glint -> USB1 -> USB2 -> AOSB (with entrusts, naturally), which left him with about 5% HP (I blame the Regen, since I forgot Dispel again), so I had to Glint to finish him off. He still did his Apocalypse White Breath nonsense (twice) but Stop resist blocked it (except on Elarra who didn't have it, but she didn't need it). That's better.

User Info: Faroth

Faroth
4 weeks ago#9
@ShinUltima posted...
Wasn't pleased with the way my last D220 fight went, so after stomping the D160 with the same team (put in Stop resist over Slow resist, but forgot Dispel; but oh well), I went back to the D220 and this time crushed it without seeing Paling. Cloud went Glint -> USB1 -> USB2 -> AOSB (with entrusts, naturally), which left him with about 5% HP (I blame the Regen, since I forgot Dispel again), so I had to Glint to finish him off. He still did his Apocalypse White Breath nonsense (twice) but Stop resist blocked it (except on Elarra who didn't have it, but she didn't need it). That's better.

Shouldn't you blame the protect??? xD
FFRK RW: Cloud USB - Code YWwo - Because why not

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
4 weeks ago#10
I tried Noctis USB2 on D220

He was doing decent damage when the team doesn't have a chain
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: The Skies of the Past (FFXII Firemane + Behemoth King)
  • Topic Archived