You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIII Torment: Revel in Destruction General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: joe_xc

joe_xc
1 month ago#161
Trying to get this one started, but it seems very fiddly. It does seem that this one is very difficult with Arc SSB2 and CoD only OSB forced onto the team.
Starting a Twitch account! Silverhawk568.
FFRK: Tryo's Divine Veil Grimoire. Code: K1gh

User Info: randante

randante
4 weeks ago#162
Finally, managed to sub 30 (26.86s) with OK/Arc/CoD (LD) + Refia/Aria (no LD)

Arc - SSB, USB
OK - mUSB, USB3
Refia - USB, AOSB
CoD - BSB, USB, OSB
Aria - BSB
Magicite - Phoenix (VI)

https://youtu.be/nXy8YScBX7g
PSN (randante) - SWITCH (SW-8436-1101-4630) - FFRK (eYaR) - DFFOO (693959198) - DL (38573107961)

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
4 weeks ago#163
Okay. I can't get a clear on the D???. I don't have a healer USB so maybe it's impossible? Any advice is appreciated.

I have:
Luneth -USB1, glint, Bsb& aosb. Full dive
Refia :USB, full dive
Onion knight: Bsb, Lmr, mUSB & usb3
CoD: Bsb2, Lmr & osb
Arc, ssb 1& 2, bsb2
Aria :Bsb
Ingus: bsb1&2
zkUj - Cloud USB

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 weeks ago#164
@Cuticrusader09 posted...
Okay. I can't get a clear on the D???. I don't have a healer USB so maybe it's impossible? Any advice is appreciated.

I have:
Arc, ssb 1& 2, bsb2

Check post #136 by @ffrkowaway
He shows his setup that got a sub 30 with his heal being Arc SSB2. Might be able to modify your setup to be similar somewhat.

Edit: alternatively double healer?
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Cuticrusader09
4 weeks ago#165
@sarothias posted...

I have:
Arc, ssb 1& 2, bsb2

He shows his setup that got a sub 30 with his heal being Arc SSB2. Might be able to modify your setup to be similar somewhat.

I don't have that CoD USB so that's a lot of damage I won't be putting out. And that usb goes better with the Onion mUSB.
zkUj - Cloud USB

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 weeks ago#166
@sarothias posted...

I have:
Arc, ssb 1& 2, bsb2

I don't have that CoD USB so that's a lot of damage I won't be putting out. And that usb goes better with the Onion mUSB.

True but you could compensate in one of two ways here I'm thinking.

One: Still use CoD with her BSB2. So you don't have to worry about the doom timer so much, wait to use it until like 5 - 10 seconds in. This lets you shoot for a sub 40 - 50 (for your initial clear). If it works can always modify it later on and do it sooner. Still counts with OK's mUSB as two faithgas going. OK can use mUSB to start and then after a few turns of Chain Firaja he could pop his USB3 that you have.

Two: Forgo CoD and use Refia. Unfortunately you don't have her DC LMR but she should still pump out good DPS under USB with Ironfist Fire if you have it, not to mention self healing if needed (especially during startup) via Fires Within. OK can still use mUSB + USB3 to really pump up his DPS over the fight.

edit: Don't know if you used any of your artifact weapons but if not, could always consider a magical dagger here for OK as a thought.
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: xharvestx

xharvestx
4 weeks ago#167
I am proud of my scrub ff3 team for doing the d400 sub30 without any offensive usbs/six stars and much investment in terms of water/magia/special hones.
I am hoping the rest of the roster was watching and can get at least some of their d400's partial done.

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
4 weeks ago#168
@Cuticrusader09 CoD's USB is really not much damage over BSB2, just an extra 40K for me, and you could some of that back with her LM2, if you really wanted. But OK USB3 is a huge advantage that more than makes up for that.

I'd go for OK, Luneth, Aria (with Allegro?), CoD, and Arc as DPS (maybe use his SSB2 near the end)

EDIT: Unless you really want to do this now, you might as well wait until the new batch of abilities next week so OK can use Chain Tornado to synergize with Luneth as another wind user, CoD can use the 6* darkness to make her DPS potentially higher than my CoD, and of course Holyja for Arc, so he can be basically a holy version of Desch from my run.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Cuticrusader09
4 weeks ago#169
@ffrkowaway posted...
@Cuticrusader09 CoD's USB is really not much damage over BSB2, just an extra 40K for me, and you could some of that back with her LM2, if you really wanted. But OK USB3 is a huge advantage that more than makes up for that.

I'd go for OK, Luneth, Aria (with Allegro?), CoD, and Arc as DPS (maybe use his SSB2 near the end)

EDIT: Unless you really want to do this now, you might as well wait until the new batch of abilities next week so OK can use Chain Tornado to synergize with Luneth as another wind user, CoD can use the 6* darkness to make her DPS potentially higher than my CoD, and of course Holyja for Arc, so he can be basically a holy version of Desch from my run.

@sarothias

Thanks to both of you for your help. After getting to 99% yesterday, I played around more & used some waters to boost a few stats. Got the kill: 37:29 (good thing I picked up Luneth's glint in the dream draw, had to use it twice at the end to chip away the last bit of health.). I did have to get the magical dagger for Onion to boost up his Dps.

Used Refia, Luneth, Arc, CoD and Onion. Maybe I'll try for a sub 30 after the new abilities hit.

Now I just need help on the type 0 torment. That's the last one I haven't been able to complete. But it's another where I don't have a healer USB.
zkUj - Cloud USB

User Info: joe_xc

joe_xc
2 weeks ago#170
Got this one as my sixth clear, at 35.71. I'll have to give this one some thought on how to sub-30 clear, but this fight becomes much, much easier with 100 Magia into RES for the team. Arc USB2 on the Realm Draw didn't hurt either.

Onion Knight mUSB, LMR1
Luneth USB1
Desch USB
Cloud of Darkness OSB
Arc USB2
Starting a Twitch account! Silverhawk568.
FFRK: Tryo's Divine Veil Grimoire. Code: K1gh
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIII Torment: Revel in Destruction General Information + Boss Tips