You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIII Torment: Revel in Destruction General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: Neo Zekele

Neo Zekele
3 months ago#141
@ffrkowaway

Congrats! I think this is the next one I'm going to focus on, and I have most of the same pieces as you.

I have everything for Luneth after the recent parade. Would his USB be better than his USB2 because of the quick cast?

Also, I don't have CoD USB or LMR, but I do have her BSB2 for the additional Faithga, so that'll help. But I wonder if I'm not better off subbing her out for Aria to let Arc DPS with his USB.

I'll have to play around with both set ups and see what works
FC: 1907 - 9209 - 1140
Pokemon USUM: Newbie

User Info: Neo Zekele

Neo Zekele
3 months ago#142
@sarothias posted...
ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Thanks! Sub-30 #2 after VI and I think I can add T0, VII, and Tactics to my sub-30 tally with what I currently have. Maybe V, too.

Did you sub-30 Ahriman yet? Feel like you could do something similar to my team if you haven't? You could maybe even let Arc DPS a little with Holy since you have his BUSB to mitigate the need for ST heals.

Nice, go get em! :D

As for me I honestly tried this one in forever. It's one of the ones I plan on going back to very soon, especially now with Madeen and other better Magicites.

Prolly gonna try this again after I do some more work on XII. Went from 38.xx yesterday to 33.50 this morning. I know I can sub 30 once I get my timing down. Stupid Paling messed me up.

I had the same issues as you on XII with bad paling timings. I finally got it at 29.25, but it was a nail biter
FC: 1907 - 9209 - 1140
Pokemon USUM: Newbie

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
3 months ago#143
@Neo_Zekele posted...
@sarothias posted...
ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Thanks! Sub-30 #2 after VI and I think I can add T0, VII, and Tactics to my sub-30 tally with what I currently have. Maybe V, too.

Did you sub-30 Ahriman yet? Feel like you could do something similar to my team if you haven't? You could maybe even let Arc DPS a little with Holy since you have his BUSB to mitigate the need for ST heals.

Nice, go get em! :D

As for me I honestly tried this one in forever. It's one of the ones I plan on going back to very soon, especially now with Madeen and other better Magicites.

Prolly gonna try this again after I do some more work on XII. Went from 38.xx yesterday to 33.50 this morning. I know I can sub 30 once I get my timing down. Stupid Paling messed me up.

I had the same issues as you on XII with bad paling timings. I finally got it at 29.25, but it was a nail biter

Anti crap is just,...UGH. Grats on your sub though!
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

User Info: emidas

emidas
3 months ago#144
@ffrkowaway I like your setup, but I have other relics (and missing others). Desch USB is good in place of BSB I presume? How about CoD BSB instead of USB?

Also have Arc bUSB, but lack any AOSBs here. Might try Refia USB over Luneth...
i9-9900k | Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | RTX 2800 | 970 EVO 1TB | 16GB DDR4 Vengance LPX
http://i.imgur.com/3yaehOJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/pj1VJu4.jpg

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#145
@sarothias Man, I've got some new tools (mostly Basch USB2) but haven't felt the desire to go back to Zodiark yet. Sounds like you're almost there!

@Neo_Zekele Thanks! I think if you're choosing just one USB for Luneth, you probably go with the HQC (I didn't have a choice). But you might try comboing them, maybe with the help of Ace Striker? I would also guess that Arc DPSing would work better than CoD with just her BSB2.

@emidas Desch USB would be a fantastic replacement for his BSB I think, and with Arc BUSB, CoD BSB2 is better than USB for keeping everyone healed up thanks to the MND buff, at the loss of a chase, but should be workable. With Ace Striker equipped, Desch can probably keep all mages in constant QC status after the mUSB QC3 ends, and OK could keep more gauge to Entrust.

You may not need an AOSB for sub-30, thanks to Desch providing extra quick casts (I'm not totally sure I needed Luneth's, though it would have been much tougher without), but it does sound like you have at least a sub-40 team.

If you go without Luneth, you'll have to figure out how to deal with the Petrify. Ultra Cure probably works, as long as less gauge doesn't become an issue. But HQC is pretty powerful when no other QC sources are around, so I'd probably stick with Luneth.

sarothias
3 months ago#146
@ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Man, I've got some new tools (mostly Basch USB2) but haven't felt the desire to go back to Zodiark yet. Sounds like you're almost there!

@Neo_Zekele
And done! 28.78 phew. I feel like out of all the T2's he is one of the ones I just find the most disgusted with just due to two moves LOL.

Will try this one again later today, more as a refresher then work on it seriously starting Tuesday most likely. Family trip tomorrow for a couple of days so no time. Feel satisfied with XII cleared for the day to not worry too much about another >_>

edit: @ffrkowaway For me Basch felt pretty useless other than the USB2 as a slot saver but still too useful to not use. Basically just used him after that for Dispels via Banishing Strike, summon magicite and Magic Break to counter Faith. Do you have anything else you could combo with him to turn him into a decent DPS?
(edited 3 months ago)

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#147
@sarothias Grats, must feel good to have that out of the way!

I hear you about not wanting to dive right back in. While I like getting these things done to help with pull planning, and general accomplishment, it's also nice to space them out.

I might even say that with the great nothingness of interesting content besides Odin and (maybe a Mirage or two) on the horizon, I might prefer "saving" some Torments for that time period.
(edited 3 months ago)

sarothias
3 months ago#148
ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Grats, must feel good to have that out of the way!

I hear you about not wanting to dive right back in. While I like getting these things done to help with pull planning, and general accomplishment, it's also nice to space them out.

I might even say that with the great nothingness of interesting content besides Odin and (maybe a Mirage or two) on the horizon, I might prefer "saving" some Torments for that time period.

Thanks and that's actually a very good point regarding having something to do during the waiting game time lol.

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#149
Lol, just sub-50'd D??? Ahriman (in 49.91s) with no CSB. Same basic team as above, just with Rejuvenation Grimoire and a few other tweaks. It's as strange new world with the new soft caps, Artifacts, and Magia.

Desch (with the Artifact MAG dagger, a +30% dmg RM, and LM1 instead of LMR) was capping Chain Thundajas after his BSB was up. CoD (with a +30% dmg RM, but still no Empower Dark in my deck) could get to about 9K/hit on Dark Zone. Luneth could even get to 9K/hit with Sky High with Syldra's imperil.
(edited 3 months ago)

sarothias
3 months ago#150
ffrkowaway posted...
Lol, just sub-50'd D??? Ahriman (in 49.91s) with no CSB. Same basic team as above, just with Rejuvenation Grimoire and a few other tweaks. It's as strange new world with the new soft caps, Artifacts, and Magia.

Desch (with the Artifact MAG dagger, a +30% dmg RM, and LM1 instead of LMR) was capping Chain Thundajas after his BSB was up. CoD (with a +30% dmg RM, but still no Empower Dark in my deck) could get to about 9K/hit on Dark Zone. Luneth could even get to 9K/hit with Sky High with Syldra's imperil.

haha nice
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIII Torment: Revel in Destruction General Information + Boss Tips