• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIX Not Alone General Information + Elite Boss Tips

User Info: superchibideath

superchibideath
1 month ago#1
Sorry for the delay. Had my attention being pulled from all directions so far this week so I'm getting to this one a tad bit later than usual but still on time!

This one's supposed to drop Thursday, December 6th.

No new characters or abilities this week, but Marcus finally gets his Legend Dive.

Marcus
LD Bonuses: +9% Wind dmg, medium slow resist
LM1 - Small Thief dmg up
LM2 - Medium chance to doublecast Thief abilities

Credits go to Spirialis from Reddit and @SolitaireD.

--Abaddon (Ultimate ++)--
HP: 312k
Elements: Wind (Weak +50%), Earth (Null)
Physical moves: Aerial Slash (NAT: AoE ranged wind), High Wind (PHY: AoE ranged), Blade (PHY: ST), Ultimate High Wind (NAT: AoE piercing ranged), Ultimate Blade (PHY: [2 adjacent] piercing)
Magical moves: Thundaga (BLK: ST lightning), Ultimate Thundaga (NAT: AoE piercing lightning)
Other moves: Haste (WHT: Self auto-hit Haste)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed (mostly physical)
Notes: Abaddon casts Haste on turn 2 of the fight.
Thoughts: A Wind weak boss in a realm whose main character is a strong Wind user. Anyone with good to decent Zidane or Freya relics are going to walk all over Abaddon. Its attacks don't even seem that threatening. Just bring a dispel to counteract its Haste that it only uses at the start.

--Kuja (Apocalypse +)--
HP: 495k
Elements: None
Physical moves: Death's Bolt (NAT: AoE ranged lightning)
Magical moves: Thundaga (BLK: ST lightning), Ultimate Blizzaga (NAT: AoE piercing ice), Ultimate Thundaga (NAT: AoE piercing lightning), Ultimate Firaga (NAT: AoE piercing fire), Graviga (NAT: AoE 40% current HP damage, ignores KO resists), Ultimate Flare Star (NAT: AoE piercing, removes Reflect)
Other moves: Reflect (WHT: ST auto-hit Reflect), Blind (BLK: [Back Row] 63% chance to Blind), Confuse (BLK: [Front Row] 63% chance to Confuse)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed (mostly magical)
Counters: 100% chance to be a sore loser with Ultima (NAT: AoE reduce HP to 1, uncounterable)
Notes: When a party member has Reflect active Kuja changes to a different moveset that includes Confuse, Blind, and Ultimate Flare Star.
Thoughts: This version of Kuja seems a bit of an odd duck. It seems to shift between two movesets. One with the Ultimate -agas, one with his status effects. Which, btw, it may be a good idea to bring a back row party to avoid the Confuse. Added bonus if everyone is a caster that they won't care about Blind. Other than that Gigas Armlets would be great here as they'll reduce the damage of most of his attacks.
FFRK RW - Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire (USB) 3QFP
Fate/Grand Order - 091,029,168 (Aamco); Fire Emblem Heroes - Y. Tiki 2700255684

superchibideath
1 month ago#2
--Trance Kuja (Apocalypse ++)--
HP: 625k
Elements: Wind/Bio (Neutral), all others (Slightly resist -20%)
Physical moves: Apocalypse Death's Bolt (NAT: AoE piercing lightning, ignores Blink)
Magical moves: Flare Star (NAT: AoE), Ultimate Blizzaga (NAT: AoE piercing ice), Ultimate Thundaga (NAT: AoE piercing lightning), Ultimate Firaga (NAT: AoE piercing fire)
Other moves: Reflect (WHT: Sel auto-hit Reflect), Apocalypse Death (NAT: ST [Lowest %HP] auto-hit Instant KO)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed (mostly magical)
Counters: (100% - 51%, Reflect Active) 100% chance to counter PHY attacks with: Flare Star (NAT: AoE)
(50% - 0%, Reflect Inactive) 100% chance to counter PHY attacks with: Curaja (WHT: Self Heal)
100% chance to counter failing miserably with: Ultima (NAT: AoE reduce HP to 1, overflowable)
Notes: Kuja will change behavior slightly depending on whether or not he is currently under the Reflect status. At 50% and below and not under Reflect status Kuja will use Apocalypse Death's Bolt for every non-scripted attack. Kuja will use Reflect on turn 1 of the fight and then turn 3 after hitting 50%.
Thoughts: Very weird looking fight. Also a little daunting by the looks of things. Since all of his counters, avoidable by manipulating the mechanics though they can be, can be avoided altogether by bringing a mage team. It also looks like if possible you want to try to keep him out of Reflect status during the first half of the fight and then let him keep Reflect up during the second half, as an Apocalypse Death's Bolt piercing damage spam sounds awful. Once again Gigas Armlets can help prevent a lot of the elemental damage going around, but this time the bulk of the damage should be lightning. Best of luck! This one looks like it shouldn't be as bad as some of the other ones we've had recently.

superchibideath
1 month ago#3
Mitigation and You
TheChap656's guide to mitigation (so we don't have to type the same skills out everytime)

In my event guides, I'm using terms like "mitigation" and adding physical and magical in front of it. This mini-guide will be at the bottom of each of my posts from now on and will spell out the basics of mitigating damage. This should be both easier for newer people to see if they are already looking here for help on an event and it saves me the trouble of writing out the same skills every boss strategy. Now I can just spell out whether you need physical, magical, or mixed mitigation and you can either look here if you need help, or be on your way if you know what you're doing.

Physical Mitigation: Protect, Power Break/Breakdown, Weak/Exhausting Polka, Steal Power, FB, SG/SS2, Defense Raising SB's/abilites, Stat lowering SB's
Magical Mitigation: Shell, Magic Break/Breakdown, Heathen Frolic (Sarabande), FB, SG/SS2, Resistance Raising SB's, Stat lowering SB's

So what do these do?

Protect/Shell both raise Defense/Resistance by 100%. Because these are a status effect, they stack with everything else.

SG/SS2 (Sentinel Grimoire/Stoneskin II) raise both Defense and Resistance by 200% for 25s. This is a seperate ID from normal other defense or resistance raising SB's except for P. Cecil and Basch. They have a default SB called Rampart/Gallantry that raises Defense and Resistance by 20% for 20s. They have the same ID as SG/SS2 so will overwrite it. Don't use those if you use SG/SS2.

All breaks lower a stat by 30%. Power/Magic/Armor/Mental Break all do it. Full Break applies all four in a unique debuff that stacks with others. Breaks do not stack with Breakdowns. Whichever was applied last will overwrite the last one. You can also stack breaks and FB with special dual stat reducing SB's, but I'm not covering those here.

Breakdowns vary how much they reduce. Power/Armor Breakdown lowers Attack/Defense by 40%. Magic/Mental Breakdown lowers magic/resistance by 50%. They are better than breaks and should be used instead of them when you can.

When a boss resists a break they reduce the effectiveness by 50%. So a break will only reduce their stats by 15% and so on. This is still worth using. Especially for magic.

A Break/Breakdown should be reapplied every 3 turns generally. They have a 15s duration, which equates into about 3 turns. A normal sequence for a support is Break, a different Break, Attack or something else, and then repeat.

For more information on what stacks with what and durations and such, check out http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf for a lot of good info.

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
1 month ago#4
Thanks for the write-up, though a quick question: does Trance Kuja have any specific circumstance for when he would use Apocalypse Death? An Auto Hit KO move can be problematic in its own right.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
1 month ago#5
Ur not alone

I am here with u

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 month ago#6
superchibideath posted...
Apocalypse Death (NAT: ST [Lowest %HP] auto-hit Instant KO)

Oh wtf.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

superchibideath
1 month ago#7
Shadow Stalker X posted...
Thanks for the write-up, though a quick question: does Trance Kuja have any specific circumstance for when he would use Apocalypse Death? An Auto Hit KO move can be problematic in its own right.

Oh right, I forgot to add that under Notes. He uses it once during Phase 2 (50% - 0%) I think Turn 3? or so? He uses it as part of his script regardless of whether he's under Reflect or not so... eeeeyup.

Sir Will posted...
Apocalypse Death (NAT: ST [Lowest %HP] auto-hit Instant KO)

Oh wtf.

Eeeeeeeyup. Kuja is a bit of a diva and doesn't take kindly to being upstaged.

Sir Will
1 month ago#8
That's bulls***....
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 month ago#9
Oh right, I forgot to add that under Notes. He uses it once during Phase 2 (50% - 0%) I think Turn 3? or so? He uses it as part of his script regardless of whether he's under Reflect or not so... eeeeyup.

Um, it looks to me like he only uses it if Reflect's not up? It says turn 2 under 51%, but not when Reflect is active.
What a fuddy duddy.

Sir Will
1 month ago#10
So go physical and get countered. Go magical and get... deathed.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIX Not Alone General Information + Elite Boss Tips
  • Topic Archived