• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: Infernal+ #4 - FFXIV Ifrit

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
3 months ago#31
@Relm_Arrowny_87 Grats!!

You weren't dying though constantly having 3 of those nails blow up at once? Just meaning it didn't feel like you were just spam triggering LS? JW how the healing and dying part of the battle went :)
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
3 months ago#32
Ran out of edits, just one minor correction:
"And with one other faithga (his BSB, Tyro's USB2)"
...Obviously Alph's BSB isn't a faithga, I just meant the general burst mode stat boost. I just needed to bring the damage from ~9900 to 9999 to hit that 39996 exactly, so anything worked.

And btw, this was the boss to finally get me to use a few crystal waters. 30x HP waters on Ovelia. ;)

@sarothias posted...
@Relm_Arrowny_87 Grats!!

Thanks!

You weren't dying though constantly having 3 of those nails blow up at once? Just meaning it didn't feel like you were just spam triggering LS? JW how the healing and dying part of the battle went :)

That was the trickiest part of the fight for me. I had to be absolutely certain that the Nails wouldn't do enough damage to bring me to 0 HP. And then Hellfire usually proc'd Last Stand regardless, so I made sure to have Last Stand up each time before I triggered it. And I couldn't really afford to have any characters dying ever, reviving them would be a little too difficult.

It's a lot of micromanagement, but a few things helped:
- Affliction Break and rushing down phases 1/3/5 helped keep Incinerate's Imperil Fires from building much. Fewer imperils, less damage when it counted.
- Being solo, I had full control of the fight and could pause my offense if I absolutely needed to. ...Obviously I couldn't pause too long though, and Alph's dualcasts/Deathflares are hard to predict regardless so sometimes I didn't have full control.
- Ashe could take out one Nail mostly whenever I needed to, which helped contain the number of hits I was taking from AoE'ing the group. ...Though, Ashe's dualcasts were sometimes dangerous too.
- Hit-and-run. Solving that problem was by far the biggest reason for pulling the hit-and-run trick. Being able to cast Ovelia's USB almost as-needed and being able to rush the phases right out of the gate, makes the fight a lot less RNG and a lot more just calculated execution. For what it's worth, I think it's possible to beat this without hit-and-run even with my party, but it'd take a lot of luck.
- And, Aria's USB took the pressure off of Ovelia in phases 4 and 6.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
3 months ago#33
Cool, thanks for the breakdown! That does sound like micromanagement hell but doable obviously :D
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#34
@Relm_Arrowny_87 Congrats! Was just going to ask about how you survived killing three nails at once, but I see was beaten to the punch.

Hopefully that will inspire me a little, I'm just slow to get started on these... no weakness, no magicites, makes it difficult to pick a team to try first. Was also thinking lightning mages since Shantotto has my only non-shared AOSB, but then I like the idea of a fire team to fight fire with en-fire...

Relm_Arrowny_87
3 months ago#35
ffrkowaway posted...
@Relm_Arrowny_87 Congrats! Was just going to ask about how you survived killing three nails at once, but I see was beaten to the punch.

Hopefully that will inspire me a little, I'm just slow to get started on these... no weakness, no magicites, makes it difficult to pick a team to try first. Was also thinking lightning mages since Shantotto has my only non-shared AOSB, but then I like the idea of a fire team to fight fire with en-fire...

This one caught me a tiny bit off guard, it's a tough fight. Probably just a little harder than Kaiser, Jumbo, or Gui. Maybe not harder than Omega, at least under normal conditions, but it's impossible to outright cheese it like I did with Omega so Ifrit ended up being harder for me anyway.

Multi might be easier than solo strictly because this fight requires a lot of pieces. If you have all those pieces then solo is manageable though. It's a tough fight, but feels relatively fair since the main gimmick is pretty straightforward. ...Though, the multiplayer lag can definitely be a problem alongside it.

Honestly, I'm glad that we're past the harder multis, I'm not sure how many more of these I could've taken. I wonder if the upcoming D350s are actually relatively easier, or only felt easy because they just couldn't quite compare to the previous few. Guess we'll find out when we get to the next one.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
3 months ago#36
It’s hard to tech in every utility while maintaining DPS because party is limited to 5 slots.

Slot 1: Aria
Slot 2: Tyro
Slot 3: Last Stand Healer
Slot 4: Chain Holder
Slot 5: DPS

D350 Raids are cleverly designed that Cloud USB RW USB isn’t that simple and doesn’t provide the best opportunities for it.

Actually you can cheese with Tifa USB+Glint+Cloud RW + Piercing Strikes but wasting the hones on the Nails isn’t an option.

User Info: Axel7174

Axel7174
3 months ago#37
How hard is this to solo compared to Jumbo Flan (was able to solo once I found the precise team), and Long Gui (had to do hit-and-run)?
"If you come here, you'll find me...I promise..." ~Squall Leonhart
"Tonight's the night we silence you, there's nowhere left to run." ~ADTR

User Info: Palaxius01

Palaxius01
3 months ago#38
@Relm_Arrowny_87
Congrats on the clear! Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the fight. Alphinaud capping even without chain is definitely useful info. I may just try to hit and run this if it takes way too long to find an optimal setup with what I have.

@Axel7174
It seems this fight requires more specific relics compared to other Infernal +
Native Tyro DVG almost seems mandatory- 2 RW uses just doesn't seem enough to last the whole fight.

Also a resistance buff and/or Fire stoneskin can help mitigate a lot of incoming damage. Then there is of course dps , biggest issue is the last big nail where you have to rush it down or it's still a loss in the end. Pretty hard to fit everything in especially with just 5 people in solo.

Relm_Arrowny_87
3 months ago#39
@EchoNull gave me an idea. There might be ways to survive the stronger Hellfire. Namely: Jumping, Galuf's invincibility, or (*gasp!*) Y'shtola's USB. Maybe. Possibly.

The AI distinctly says:
Failing the Nail sub-phase will result in Ifrit using Hellfire <Strong> (NAT: AoE - 8000% Fire Magic Dmg, Ignores Res & Blinks, Uses MAG^0.5, Auto-hit Death, 100% chance each of curing Reraise - 99999 Max Damage, Uncounterable) as an instant action before proceeding to the next Phase.
https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a3ucnk/infernal_raid_conquer_ifrit_enemy_stats_and_ai/

So if there is any way at all to survive it, it might just be possible to cheese the fight all the way to the start of phase 7. Then you'd have a few seconds before Radiant Plume kicks in, and then you could kill him normally.

But, this is just a theory. I've no idea if it could actually work, and timing it three times in a row might be harder than simply beating the fight normally anyway.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: EchoNull

EchoNull
3 months ago#40
@Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
@EchoNull gave me an idea. There might be ways to survive the stronger Hellfire. Namely: Jumping, Galuf's invincibility, or (*gasp!*) Y'shtola's USB. Maybe. Possibly.

The AI distinctly says:
Failing the Nail sub-phase will result in Ifrit using Hellfire <Strong> (NAT: AoE - 8000% Fire Magic Dmg, Ignores Res & Blinks, Uses MAG^0.5, Auto-hit Death, 100% chance each of curing Reraise - 99999 Max Damage, Uncounterable) as an instant action before proceeding to the next Phase.
https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a3ucnk/infernal_raid_conquer_ifrit_enemy_stats_and_ai/

So if there is any way at all to survive it, it might just be possible to cheese the fight all the way to the start of phase 7. Then you'd have a few seconds before Radiant Plume kicks in, and then you could kill him normally.

But, this is just a theory. I've no idea if it could actually work, and timing it three times in a row might be harder than simply beating the fight normally anyway.

I want to see this done SO MUCH.
Odd.
FFRK: D6vf Garnet Chain ~ Orbs: https://goo.gl/9ERBYu ~ SBs: http://goo.gl/SO1Iyc ~ Spreadsheets: https://goo.gl/SYKysf ~~ SMT dx2: https://goo.gl/WbRFHV
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: Infernal+ #4 - FFXIV Ifrit
  • Topic Archived