You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIX Torment: The Final Jest General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: Holy Stone

Holy Stone
1 month ago#201
82% on my first attempt (ever) on the D??? with Steiner CSB. Also pulled Eiko USB1 on the 40x draw so my synergy has taken a huge leap in the past week. I also have Zidane USB2/LMR2, Vivi USB1/LMR1, and Beatrix USB. Pretty sure I can beat this, but maybe not sub30s, if I look at the script next time.
Coffee is for closers.

User Info: borak1985

borak1985
1 month ago#202
So I’m having an issue where it’s casting Doomsday twice in a row and I can’t recover from that. I was looking at the move set and nowhere do I see it doing it twice in a row. But it’s happened to me on 8 straight occasions and it’s only when he’s about to die. I had him down to like 3-4% health with 15 seconds left (for sub 30) and the only way I can survive it is if I use 2 rejuvenation grimoires in a row and by the time I do that, it’s already at 31 seconds when I win. None of my players aside from Steiner have more than 9400 health.

User Info: Neo Zekele

Neo Zekele
1 month ago#203
@borak1985 posted...
So I’m having an issue where it’s casting Doomsday twice in a row and I can’t recover from that. I was looking at the move set and nowhere do I see it doing it twice in a row. But it’s happened to me on 8 straight occasions and it’s only when he’s about to die. I had him down to like 3-4% health with 15 seconds left (for sub 30) and the only way I can survive it is if I use 2 rejuvenation grimoires in a row and by the time I do that, it’s already at 31 seconds when I win. None of my players aside from Steiner have more than 9400 health.

It's because you're pushing him pretty fast at the end. He's going from p4 t1 to p5 t1, thus two back to back Incubus Doomsday
FC: 1907 - 9209 - 1140
Pokemon USUM: Newbie
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: drg3

drg3
1 month ago#204
99% on first try with eiko usb, grr.

He killed too many people and incubus dead end got kuja (last ne standing) just before it died.

While I’m sure I can get it, that paralysis is a pain and really slows me down later on.

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
1 month ago#205
Well that was fun

https://i.imgtc.com/hKBWRbX.jpg

User Info: drg3

drg3
1 month ago#206
impressive zero.

I got it down at 39.14 with a few tweaks, including giving angelsong to eiko.

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
1 month ago#207
"I know just what to do to get my sub35 to a sub30! I'll give Eiko ACM and-"

*record scratch*

WHAT

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#208
If you have Steiner CSB, you might be able to go without Eiko

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/bdua2u/ffix_d_sub30_no_eiko_no_vivi_no_aasb/

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 month ago#209
Woot! 28:91

Everybody full dive

zidane - lm2 & dual cast lmr, bsb2, storm assault & flash disaster, midair combatant
Vivi - lm2 & en fire lmr, USB & aosb, chain firaja & meltdown, spark of life
Eiko dual cast lmr & lm2, usb1, shellga & curada, dr mog
Freya enwind lmr & lm2, usb1, sky high & cyclone bolt, world traveler
Garnet, lm2 & lmr, ssb2, allegro & vali,gathering storm

Main Magicite: slydra

Now eiko waits and casts her USB after ultimate wing
Garnet cast Allegro, vali x2, allegro, Magicite then realm chain (need to beat under 1 chain cast & have it close to 30 secs so vivi can cast aosb at end).
Freya cyclone, sky high x 2, USB, repeat
Zidane flash to bsb2, then storm which will be instant cast since should be tranced by then

Bit of rng...luckily zidane dual casted right after vivi's aosb and I got the sub 30
zkUj - Cloud USB
Made my first attempt on this after ages, since I got Zidane's USB2 and Glint. Not a clear just yet, but I did manage to get Meltigemini down 97% using a modified version of the setup Zero gave me a while back. Only thing I need to do now is time things a little better so that I can be sure to have Guardian Mog ready once Incubus Viral Smoke goes off, since that's mainly what killed me.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFIX Torment: The Final Jest General Information + Boss Tips