You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFX Torment: Spinner of False Hopes General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#141
@sarothias Wow, quite the impact Y'shtola made over in her Torment, nice!

As for this one, Yuna's SSB2 should be good enough once you get the timing down, though maybe more likely with a couple MBlinks from Kimahri. But yeah, makes sense to go for the one you're more confident in first.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
1 month ago#142
ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Wow, quite the impact Y'shtola made over in her Torment, nice!

As for this one, Yuna's SSB2 should be good enough once you get the timing down, though maybe more likely with a couple MBlinks from Kimahri. But yeah, makes sense to go for the one you're more confident in first.

Yeah the difference is crazy lol.

No Kimahri mblink relics owned unfortunately and AA is already used :/
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#143
Just thinking about the utility of Lulu's ice/water USB here for anyone who happens to get it. Even if packing no Empower Ice, I could see it making sense to take advantage of the quickcast from her USB2 to use Abyssal Shards/Scary Blizzard, to drive up the chain count with dualcasts, but with her chases actually doing decent water damage thanks to most people optimizing for Tidus damage. It's hard to say when Chain Waterja would become a better option.

User Info: Hero-of-Midgar

Hero-of-Midgar
1 month ago#144
Finally got the D240/350. 1st Torment! Absolutely maddening though. Trouble was trying to stay alive. Thought with the FFX gear i have it would be much easier.

It was all about triggering Elarras SB at the right time and slot placement, moving Auron to Slot 1 and Elarra to Slot 5. Jecht tanked in Slot 3 well (Healing Ultimate Drain with Regenga and Fires within, but it wasnt essential if he survived). Otherwise I died, a lot. All had Moderate-Major Holy Resist accessories.

Arranged via slots.

Auron- Dived- Arcane, Glint and En-Fire- Spark of Life RM. Fire+ Katana, Fire+Bracer. Moderate Holy Resist accessory. 669 Atk. Damning Flame and Iai Hellfire
Tyro- Entrust-Bot. IC2 LMR. (Probably a better character to use here, but I had originally anticipated using his USB4 but couldnt spare the SB bars). Moderate Holy Resist accessory. Wrath and Entrust
Jecht- SSB Boostga, USB Dark- DMT RM. Dark+ Blitzball. Dark+ Light Armour. Moderate Holy Resist accessory. 569 Atk. Fires Within.
Tidus- OSB, BSB2, Glint, En-Water- Dreamguise RM. Water+Sword. Water+Bracer. Moderate Holy Resist accessory. 616Atk. Sapphire Shot.
Elarra- USB1+2. Mako Might RM. Shellga. Major Holy Resist accessory.

Relieved, but shame I need like another 4 torments to get 1 ability :(

Feedback/suggested improvements welcome! lol
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
1 month ago#145
https://ibb.co/GJDTtvm

First D??? kill.

Yes, I dived a Paine who is unlikely to ever be used outside of this, but I really don't care. I'm just super happy that I finally beat a D???.

Only listing SBs I actually used
Rikku USB1, USB2 - Sapphire Shot, Enfeebling Jitterbug - DMT
Tidus USB, BSB2 - Sapphire Bullet, Sapphire Shot - Dmg+30
Yuna USB1, SSB2 - Curada, Memento of Prayer - TGM
Paine USB - Stormspell Strike, Engulfing Quadstrike - Dmg+30
Jecht USB2 (fire) - Fires Within, Ironfist Fire - Dmg+30
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: xypheral

xypheral
1 month ago#146
very tight match, killed her at 52ish s (dwhale).

4* Wakka battery - R4 entrust, R5 wrath - ace striker
LD Yuna USB1 - R1 hastega, R4 curada - TGM
LD Paine USB - R2 raging qstrike, R4 SSStrike - Bartz dualcast rm
LD Tidus USB, BSB2, LMR - R3 flash disaster, R4 sapphire bullet - more water damage
4* Rikku SSB - R1 shellga song, R3 enfeebling jitterbug - DMT

dual water boost on both Paine and Tidus

accessories
Wakka - moderate holy
Yuna - moderate holy/water
Paine - major dark
Tidus - major holy
Rikku - moderate holy/lightning

Rotation
Wakka - wrath entrust to tidus
Yuna - hastega -> curada -> usb1 as necessary
Paine - defend -> realm chain -> SSS and then USB (repeat cycle)
Tidus - FDx4 -> BSB2 -> USB1 -> sapphire bullet -> BSB2 into sapphire bullet -> BSB2 -> USB1 to refresh EX mode
Rikku - shellga -> SB -> enfeebling jitterbug -> geosgaeno -> does nothing i.e. attack confused characters, recast realm chain, sb or whatever

this is a very tight and slow match as i have only 2 DPS, so expect to be hit by confuse, for members 1 & 5 to die near the end of the battle and to totally run out of hones....last 2 turns was basically tidus casting BSB commands as everyone else died from ultima+sap combo and i was just waiting for geosgaeno to kill it, though fortunately the BSB commands did the job.....

died a couple of times because of mistimed heal when incubus ultima was cast. at the end of the battle, paine and tidus would be out of abilities and i was really contemplating on r5 SSS or sapphire bullet but i thought if RNG was kind enough i could get the kill. Paine with LM2 and bartz dualcast spellblade rm would mean that you see lots of dualcasts and triplecasts. no worry about damage loss (as opposed to +30% weakness RM on Paine) as tidus would build the chain fast enough and by the end of it i'll see 9999 x 4 hits x triplecast.. if there was a dualcast sharpshooter rm, i would have used that on tidus too because his sapphire bullet easily hits 9999 even at low chain count...rikku was the slackest though i can't say her role isn't important, IC2 from her SSB was very valuable, especially to cast geosgaeno in the beginning at 10s and also to knock tidus out of confuse instantly near the end of the battle when mind blast hits member 4....

will revisit if i get tidus aasb, though i am not sure if that's going to get me my sub30....probably sub40 and then i'll have to get an optimised 5* deck to hit sub30 with only 2 guys as dps....
(edited 1 month ago)
FF10 D??? - 51%.

Rikku (USB1, USB2) - R3 Sapphire Shot, R4 Flash Disaster / Mako Might (2 Water boosts)
LD Tidus (BSB2, CSB) - R4 Sapphire Bullet, R2 Sapphire Shot / Scholar's Boon, LM1, LMR (2 Water boosts)
Wakka (USB) - R4 Entrust, R5 Wrath / Ace Striker
Yuna (USB1) - R4 Curada / DMT
Paine (SSB) - R4 Stormspell Strike, R2 Engulfing Quadstrike / Gathering Storm (2 Water boosts)
Magi: Geosgaeno, Evrae x2, Famfrit, Phoenix
Resists: Dark/Lightning, Dark/Water, Dark, Dark, Dark/Lightning

Not a great win, but it's a win.
What a fuddy duddy.
(edited 1 month ago)

ffrkowaway
4 weeks ago#148
It's weird, I got Rikku USB1 in one of the fest luckies, but I think if I dive Braska, that might mean she can't make my team if I'm pushing for sub-40 or sub-30. But that would involve diving Braska.

ffrkowaway
3 weeks ago#149
Bump

ffrkowaway
2 weeks ago#150
Wonder how popular Kimahri SSB would be if Record Lab debuted along with Anima Lenses with the GL KH event...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFX Torment: Spinner of False Hopes General Information + Boss Tips