You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXIV Torment: Terror of the Heavens General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: randante

randante
1 month ago#241
Managed to sub30 D??? with

Yda - BSB
Y'shtola - BSB
Minfillia - SSB, Glint
Thancred - USB
Papalymo - USB, AOSB

https://youtu.be/Ao8y0XSr_r0
PSN (randante) - SWITCH (SW-8436-1101-4630) - FFRK (eYaR) - DFFOO (693959198) - DL (38573107961)

User Info: joe_xc

joe_xc
1 month ago#242
Got a clear in 37.00. Had to sweat it at the very end, just was one turn away from Incubus Ultima.

Cid XIV - USB - Entrust, Burnt Offering
Yda - USB, LMR - Fires Within, Ironfist Fire
Y'shtola - BSB - Shellga, Wrath
Papalymo - BSB, OSB - Protectga, Chain Firaja
Alphinaud - USB2 - Hastega, Dark Valefor
Starting a Twitch account! Silverhawk568.
FFRK: Tryo's Divine Veil Grimoire. Code: K1gh
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#243
I was pretty convinced that Alphinaud's BSB would be the key to sub-30ing this, but after falling just a little short, decided to try a full fire team, which got a little extra boost from using Belias as my main magicite instead of Syldra. Had a couple very close calls, then got a little more aggressive with my magicite deck by using a double Spell Ward Madeen instead of a a double Spell Ward Famfrit, and the result was a 29.54s victory, with just one 6* SB!

LD Yda / BSB / R3 Ironfist Fire + R3 Meteor Crush / +30% dmg RM / double fie boost / major fire resist
LD Alphinaud / SSB / R5 Lunar Ifrit + R3 Hastega / Mako Might / zero fire boost / synergy earth + fire resist
LD Papalymo / USB / R5 Chain Firaja / Gathering Storm / double fire boost / synergy earth + fire resist
PD Y'shtola / BSB / R3 Shellga / DMT / major earth resist
LD Cid Garlond / no relics used / R3 Burnt Offering + R5 Entrust / +30% dmg RM / single fire boost / moderate earth + fire resist
Bonds of Historia as RW
Belias (+L15 Empower Fire, +L15 ATK Boon) as main magicite; King Bomb (+L15 Empower Fire) and Madeen x3 (+L8 Spell Ward x2, +L20 ATK & MAG Boon, +L8 HP Boon, +L10 Fast Act) as subs

I had been trying more complicated Entrust scenarios, but ended up finding I could get by with just one early Entrust from Cid to Y'shtola. This was because if going fast enough, Y'sh only needed one BSB cast after her opening use of it. She needs to use it so the Stoneskin absorbs a decent amount of the first Incubus Tank Purge, even if the P2T2 Radiant Plume hits after the bubble goes up.

Either way, there needs to be enough HP so that with what's remaining after the first Tank Purge, plus a 2.2K Cmd2 medica, everyone can survive the next Incubus Tank Purge, too. This means that a Deathgaze would be better than a third Madeen, since everyone's low on health for Phase 5, but I haven't made an inherited Deathgaze yet. I imagine the Full Breakdown from Yda's BSB helps to survive all this.

One other thing that might be key is that I was able to get Pap's last Chain Firaja off before Gathering Storm ran out, which normally I hadn't quite been able to do. So he got an extra full-power chase out of that, because otherwise it wouldn't land within the 15s USB window. (Normally instead of casting the Chain Firaja, I'd go GSB -> USB - Chain Firaja, so this was clearly better.) Temporarily turning the new Auto mode on (with Abilities on and Soul Breaks off) can probably help reduce input lag in situations like that.

Approximate turn order:
Yda: Ironfist Fire x2 -> Meteor Crush -> BSB -> Ironfist Fire x4
Alph: Hastega -> SSB -> Lunar Ifrit x6
Pap: Chain Firaja x3 -> USB -> Chain Firaja x6 -> USB
Y'sh: BSB -> Shellga -> Cmd1 to Alph -> Cmd1 to Yda -> Cmd1 to Cid -> BSB -> Cmd 2 -> Cmd1 to self -> Cmd2 to Cid -> dies
Cid: Realm Chain -> Burnt Offering -> Entrust Y'sh -> Belias -> Realm Chain -> Burnt Offering x2

Here were everyone's important stats:
Yda: 8890 HP / 309 DEF / 290 RES / 658 ATK
Alph: 8227 HP / 336 DEF / 486 RES / 819 MAG
Pap: 8261 HP / 258 DEF / 416 RES / 678 MAG
Y'sh: 6791 HP / 382 DEF / 514 RES / 674 MND
Cid: 9170 HP / 399 DEF / 300 RES / 559 ATK

User Info: drg3

drg3
1 month ago#244
Got some more magia for the team and managed sub-30 after several tries: 28.29.

Third sub-30. Everyone used one sb, all fire team.

Yda usb, ace striker
Thancred busb, tgm
Pap asb, dmg to weakness
cid usb, dr mog
ysh bsb, mako might

Magicite: main: famfrit, sub: 2x madeen, 2x belias

User Info: Blaze0fGlory

Blaze0fGlory
4 weeks ago#245
34s best time. Paps USB would make this easy and I already used 2 artifacts to knock out X so I guess I wait.
FF fan since NES
FFRK Gtja Elena bsb

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
4 weeks ago#246
Got around to this. While supposedly the easiest of the D???s, I had a b****ing time making to the end with my tech. I finally managed to win in a not-bad time of 36.15.

Team

Minfillia (LM2+LMR): R5 Healing Smite, R1 Memento of Prayer, DMT (SSB), major fire resist + minour earth resist
Alphinaud (LM1+LM2): R4 Lunar Ifrit, R2 Hastega, Acestriker (SSB/BSSB/Glint), one fire boost, fire/earth resist
Papalymo (LM2+LMR): R4 Chain Firaja, Gathering Storm (BSSB), double fire boost, fire/earth resist
Y'Shtola (LM1+LM2) R4 Curada, R3 Shellga, MM (BSSB), major earth resist
Cid (LM1+LM2): R3 Burnt Offering, R3 Fire Tempest, DMG+ RM (USB), double fire boost, fire/earth resist

RW: Chain
Magicites: Belias (L15 Empower Fire x2), Famfrit (L15 Res Boon, L10 Dampen Fire), Famrit (L8 Blade Ward, L8 HP Boon), Madeen x2 (L20 Mag Boon + L20 Atk Boon, L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Cast)

+100 magia on everyone (ATK on CId/Min, MAg on Papa/Alph, MND on Y'sh).

Very rough turn order:

Minfillia: Chain, SSB, Memento of Prayer, Healing Smite spam, refresh chain, SSB, Healing Smite spam
Alphinaud: Hastega, Luna IFrit x3, SSB, Luna Ifrit x3, Hastega, Glint, BSSB
Papalymo: Chain Firaja x3, magicite, BSSB, Chain Firaja x5, BSSB, CMD1 spam
Y'Shtola: BSSB, Shellga, CMD1 to Alphinaud, CMD1 to whoever needs it, BSSB2, CMD1 to whoever needs it
Cid: Burnt Offering x3, USB, Burnt Offering x3, USB, Fire Tempest spam

Even with following AI, stupid slow me took a while to realise that SAp (Eye of the Storm) is not an issue after P1 Turn 4, so Min's turns were to drop chain, SSB for Last Stand (absolutely required for me), Memento, then Healing Smite spam, refreshing chain and Last Stand when appropriate.

Alphinaud was simple: Hastega and spam summons. SSB when ready, more summon spam. I refreshed Hastega since I wasn't sure how long it would last, then finished off with Glint and BSSB. I was prepared to do BSSB CMD1 spam, but thankfully I won before it came to that. I wasn't gear for wind damage so I don't know how well it would have worked.

Pap was also simple: CHain FIraja spam, stopping only to cast magicite, BSSB, Chain Firaja spam, refresh BSSB, CMD1 spam to finish (9999x6 at high chain count), pray for doublecasts.

Y'shtola was by far the most turn intensive and what made this fight difficult to get far in. I actually had to look at the AI to see who was getting nailed on what turn ahead of time and use her CMD1 appropriately. I had time time BSSB refresh basically right as someone would lost Last Stand (somewhere in Phase 2) then use the Stone Skin to tank P3 Incubus Tank Purge. Heal up, DPS, then hope I can withstand P4 Incubus Tank Purge. In my run, Y'Shtola bit it after this, but it was enough to get to P5 and DPS to finish.

CId just did Burnt Offering, USB, spam Offerings until it finished, refreshed USB, then finished with Snipes. Awesome damage at the end.

So as noted, the problem here was dealing with incoming damage in general, and then making sure I was healthy enough to deal with INcubus Tank Purges. I don't have any debuffs - I tried running Min's BSSB1 that I got from recent XIV realm draw, but by the time I got to use the debuff commands, someone was KOed, so I stuck to SSB only - which means Incubus Tank Purge does upwards of 6500 damage. The basic strategy was to Stone Skin the first one, heal and maybe Last Stand tank the second, then DPS to the end. Only got it once.

This is my 11th D??? clear. I wasn't comfortable with this one and I doubt I can shave 6 seconds off with what I have, so I'll leave this one for now. I'm good.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
4 weeks ago#247
I'm also stuck here, I think waiting for anima lense shop and picking up Pap SSB Ley Liness would be the key for sub30.

User Info: OlaiTheViking

OlaiTheViking
4 weeks ago#248
Well, colour me surprised. First shot at D??? (first torment that I try this difficulty for), and I got 87%. Quite pleased at that, especially since this isn't even near my best realm.

My team:
Papa: USB, BSB, SSB, OSB; R4 Meltdown, Shellga; Sorceress' vow; Double fire boost; LD+LMR
Garlond: USB; R4 Flame Offering, R3 FB; Destiny's Burden, LD
Ysh: BSB, SSB; Protetga, R5 Curada; MM, LD
Alph: SSB, BSB, Glint, CSB; Hastega, R3 Dark Valefor; Savior of Spira; LD + LMR
Minfilia: SSB, Glint; Wrath, Entrust; Dr. Mog; LMR

Papa used shellga once, then MD, USB when full, MD, BSB etc
Garlond FB => FO, USB and continue. Rinse and repeat
Ysh Protetga=> BSB, heal
Alph Hastega=>DT=> Dark Valefor until BSB. Managed to fire off a chain or two also. Need more hones...
Minf entrust Alph, Wrath and entrust as needed/SSB

Very satisified, I should probably give some other realms a shot also, like ones where I have AASBs...

EDIT: oh yeah, magicites. MM Unicorn (lv 65), SM 2x Evrae, Earth Guardian and Tiamat.
FFRK: RW Tyro Divine Wall, FC WsZv FFBE: 539,875,016
D:FF-OO: 744758629
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Ktc

Ktc
3 weeks ago#249
https://i.imgtc.ws/Cx6F9B3.png
Yda - Fires Within R2, Ironfist Fire R4 - LM2 + LMR - BSB - Scholar's Boon
Papalymo - Chain Firaja R4, Protectga - LM1 + LM2 - BSB - Gathering Storm
Y'shtola - Wrath, Hastega - LM1 + LM2 - BSB - DMT
Cid Garlond - Burnt Offering R4, Entrust - LM2 + LMR - SSB - Battleforged
Alphinaud - Valigarmanda R4, Shellga - LM1 + LM2 - SSB - MM

~60 Magia Points in everyone's important stat

MM: Belias (+lv15 Empower Fire x2)
SM: Famfrit (+lv8 Health Boon, lv8 Blade Ward), Madeen x2 (+lv20 Magic Boon x2, lv15/15 Magic/Attack Boon), Mateus (+lv10 Dampen Wind, lv5 Spell Ward)

The RNG of a lifetime. I will never be able to replicate it, for sure. Pretty heavy in micromanagement and a highly convoluted turn order since it involved one use of Wrath somewhere, clutch Entrusts, some defending and all that in the specific w-cast RNG and phase pushing. In addition, I fat fingered Alph's SSB around the 30s mark instead of his BSB (hoping his IC from cmd1 would be more useful) but ultimately that saved me considering buffs would wear off and the battle didn't have much longer to drag.

Very very lucky to skip the 2nd P4 Tank Purge. After that every ability was doublecasted. If not Ultima would have killed me for sure.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Sporadicles

Sporadicles
3 weeks ago#250
Got my time down to 43.28 and reading other people's posts I should be able to sub-30. It will of course take time, I want to magia up more characters, and when I get there I'll post the full team.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXIV Torment: Terror of the Heavens General Information + Boss Tips