2 months ago #256
    Holy Stone posted...
    Had no intention of trying the D??? since I needed Elarra to sub30s the 280. Then I finally looked through this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a0ca66/torment_xiv_ultima_weapon_part_3_no_6_soul_breaks/

and figured I could probably at least get to 50% with what I have. This is where I ended up:

http://i1.dealtwith.it/i/n/846e2e665705e7941377bacf0cfc5124/UltimaWeapon90pct.jpg

Much better than I expected. I could probably beat this with a more focused attempt as I wasn't watching the script at all. This caused me to refresh Last Stand before it was needed and then I didn't have it available when I really needed it for multiple characters. I also ran out of hones on Papa so I should probably bring his BSB as a backup next time. Casting the 2nd chain too early also hurt me in the end. I could have waited another turn with Minfilia and been fine but casting too early caused me to run out of all 3 by the end. Alph and Papa could use better RMs since they didn't come close to capping even at high chain counts, while Ysayle was easily capping. Finally, I need to find a good time to refresh Pro/Shell as the damage really ramped up near the end when I assume they wore off. Overall though very pleased with where I ended up and the 80 rubies are welcome.

Setup:
    Alph: Hastega/Dark Valefor - Blood of the Summoner - USB2 (and BSB but never used) - Full Dive/LMR
    Papa: Protectga/Chain Firaja - Scholar's Boon - USB - Full Dive/LMR
    Y'shtola: Curada/Shellga - DMT - BSB - LMR (lol)
    Ysayle: Valigarmanda/Voltech - Sorceress's Vow - USB - Full Dive
    Minfilia: Healing Smite/Magic Breakdown - Mako Might - SSB
    Magicite: Main - Unicorn (lvl 15 Magic Boon); Sub - King Bomb (lvl 15 magic boon),Famfrit (lvl 10 Fire Dampen, lvl 8 Health Boon), Phoenix (lvl10 Ice Dampen, lvl8 Health Boon), Tiamat (lvl 15 wind empower)
    No waters used on any characters

Came back to try this with the buff to SB gauge generation with Stoneskin active. Mastered in 49.39 after hitting 99% on the first attempt. Biggest changes:
    Alph: RM - Savior of Spira - Needed that extra summon damage because I also used BSB twice before casting USB2 for the burst in Phase 5.
    Ysayle: R5 Chain Blizzaga/R4 Chain Blizzaja - Also pulled her LMR during previous LoTR. Max Crystal waters in everything but Power and Spirit, but that was mainly for Typhon.
    Minfilia: Ended up pulling her BSB2 and LMR2 (maybe from Realm draw update?). LMR2 definitely helped in getting everything up and running quicker. BSB2 entry damage probably wasn't essential, but I did end up 1 turn away from dying to Ultima again so maybe it helped.
    Main magicite the same. Sub magicites mostly different:
    Syldra - Lvl10 earth dampen and lvl20 magic boon
    Mateus - Lvl10 wind dampen and lvl8 Blade Ward
    Madeen - lvl8 Health Boonx2
    Coffee is for closers.

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    Holy Stone posted...
    Had no intention of trying the D??? since I needed Elarra to sub30s the 280. Then I finally looked through this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a0ca66/torment_xiv_ultima_weapon_part_3_no_6_soul_breaks/

and figured I could probably at least get to 50% with what I have. This is where I ended up:

http://i1.dealtwith.it/i/n/846e2e665705e7941377bacf0cfc5124/UltimaWeapon90pct.jpg

Much better than I expected. I could probably beat this with a more focused attempt as I wasn't watching the script at all. This caused me to refresh Last Stand before it was needed and then I didn't have it available when I really needed it for multiple characters. I also ran out of hones on Papa so I should probably bring his BSB as a backup next time. Casting the 2nd chain too early also hurt me in the end. I could have waited another turn with Minfilia and been fine but casting too early caused me to run out of all 3 by the end. Alph and Papa could use better RMs since they didn't come close to capping even at high chain counts, while Ysayle was easily capping. Finally, I need to find a good time to refresh Pro/Shell as the damage really ramped up near the end when I assume they wore off. Overall though very pleased with where I ended up and the 80 rubies are welcome.

Setup:
    Alph: Hastega/Dark Valefor - Blood of the Summoner - USB2 (and BSB but never used) - Full Dive/LMR
    Magicite: Main - Unicorn (lvl 15 Magic Boon); Sub - King Bomb (lvl 15 magic boon),Famfrit (lvl 10 Fire Dampen, lvl 8 Health Boon), Phoenix (lvl10 Ice Dampen, lvl8 Health Boon), Tiamat (lvl 15 wind empower)

Came back to try this with the buff to SB gauge generation with Stoneskin active. Mastered in 49.39 after hitting 99% on the first attempt. Biggest changes:
    Alph RM - Savior of Spira - Needed that extra summon damage because I also used BSB twice before casting USB2 for the burst in Phase 5.
    Ysayle: R5 Chain Blizzaga/R4 Chain Blizzaja - Also pulled her LMR during previous LoTR
    Minfilia - ended up pulling her BSB2 and LMR2 (maybe from Realm draw update?). LMR2 definitely helped in getting everything up and running quicker. BSB2 entry damage probably wasn't essential, but I did end up 1 turn away from dying to Ultima again so maybe it helped.
    2 months ago
    Holy Stone posted...

Setup:

Alph RM - Savior of Spira - Needed that extra summon damage because I also used BSB twice before casting USB2 for the burst in Phase 5.
    Ysayle: R5 Chain Blizzaga/R4 Chain Blizzaja - Also pulled her LMR during previous LoTR. Max Crystal waters in everything but Power and Spirit, but that was mainly for Typhon.
    Minfilia - ended up pulling her BSB2 and LMR2 (maybe from Realm draw update?). LMR2 definitely helped in getting everything up and running quicker. BSB2 entry damage probably wasn't essential, but I did end up 1 turn away from dying to Ultima again so maybe it helped.