• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Belias Discussion Topic

User Info: Phagey

Phagey
6 months ago#381
Got him. Easy sub 30 at 26.27 once I figure out how to deal with Hellfire. I must have been wargaming this in my sleep.

Very small tweaks to my original setup.

Phagey posted...

Shelke
Strago: Protectga, Chain Waterga, CSB + OSB, MM
Lulu: Voltech, AOSB, damage RM
Elarra: Enfeebling Jitterbug, Allegro, USB, Ace Striker
OK: PBD, Chain Waterja, mUSB + USB3, DMT

I overestimated OK contribution to my offense - Lulu ends up dealing the most damage, with a dualcast LM that triggers a lot. The main difference here is that OK loses the damage materia in favor of DMT to open with mUSB (which he didn't use before) so that I can lose Hastega in favor of Allegro, which made up for lost DPS. The USB3 came later instead of sooner.

I also cast Lulu AOSB relatively early, basically as soon as she gets it, which is around 16 seconds and the middle of the chain. This allows me to burst out of phase 2 and enter phase 3 with Belias out of Savage mode. That combines with a late Famfrit cast (after the AOSB) to apply fire stoneskin. The resulting Hellfire was more than manageable. I also squeezed in another Blade Ward and Health Boon in my Magicite deck, although I suspect that wasn't strictly necessary with the new strategy. I didn't bother to dispel Greater Barrier and just plowed through it.
(edited 6 months ago)

Phagey
6 months ago#382
I never considered a strategy to be reliable until I can get two more wins with it. I went ahead and did it.

This is very unforgiving, though, since the timing must be exquisitely precise. Lulu AOSB must be ready by the time Painflare hits, or the party will eat a phase 2 Hellfire which it won't be prepared to do. I tried delaying her casts to put more hits under chain but no, casting that AOSB is far more important.

Wish I can do a video. Rough turn order:
Shelke: Wrath x2, Entrust Elarra, Wrath. Entrust Strago, keep doing wrath until Lulu AOSB then stand by to trigger Famfrit after Savage Firaja.
Lulu: spam Voltech. AOSB available around 16 seconds, hit it. Not breaking Savage allowed her to cap AOSB.
Strago: Protectga, Chain. Spam spells until Lulu AOSB, then start hitting with OSB to help things out.
OK: mUSB, RW Guardian, spam spells until USB3 available, keep spamming.
Elarra: AcM, USB as necessary, Jitterbug sometimes.

If everything goes well, Hellfire hits just after Famfrit does for a measly 2k damage. And that's the wrap. Best time so far 22.68.

@Azmar69 I think the timing above might help you.

Edit: I just did another run where I finished at 21.07 before Belias even had a chance to do that Hellfire.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Azmar69

Azmar69
6 months ago#383
Phagey posted...
I never considered a strategy to be reliable until I can get two more wins with it. I went ahead and did it.

This is very unforgiving, though, since the timing must be exquisitely precise. Lulu AOSB must be ready by the time Painflare hits, or the party will eat a phase 2 Hellfire which it won't be prepared to do. I tried delaying her casts to put more hits under chain but no, casting that AOSB is far more important.

Wish I can do a video. Rough turn order:
Shelke: Wrath x2, Entrust Elarra, Wrath. Entrust Strago, keep doing wrath until Lulu AOSB then stand by to trigger Famfrit after Savage Firaja.
Lulu: spam Voltech. AOSB available around 16 seconds, hit it. Not breaking Savage allowed her to cap AOSB.
Strago: Protectga, Chain. Spam spells until Lulu AOSB, then start hitting with OSB to help things out.
OK: mUSB, RW Guardian, spam spells until USB3 available, keep spamming.
Elarra: AcM, USB as necessary, Jitterbug sometimes.

If everything goes well, Hellfire hits just after Famfrit does for a measly 2k damage. And that's the wrap. Best time so far 22.68.

@Azmar69 I think the timing above might help you.

Edit: I just did another run where I finished at 21.07 before Belias even had a chance to do that Hellfire.

Congrats

I feel I was overthinking this having not tried in so long. After swapping Alph for Vivi i beat him 8 in a row and am finished. average time 24 seconds, best 20.88. 50/50 on avoiding the hellfire but even when it landed I'd have a few guys up to take the last slivers of health off.

Went with

OK - mUSB, wall, chain waterja til USB4
Rydia - Ogopogo til AOSB
Alph - Protectga, Lunar Leviathian until AASB, spam LL
Rikku - Chain, enfeebling jitterbug as needed til chain again
Elarra - heal x 3, ACM, ST heal or USB and one last ACM around the 18 second mark

User Info: corrente

corrente
5 months ago#384
Seeing Vivi squads is inspiring. I didn’t even think to use him. Enfire is extra defense too. My water mage squad is weak but I’ll give this a try later.
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: jondias

jondias
5 months ago#385
Belias is my new auto-battle punching bag since the change screwed up my Famfrit team. Sadly, his skills aren't particularly useful for inheritance purposes, so he'll just get eaten by Magicites that are close to 480 but not quite there.

Seems kind of disturbing when you put it that way.
Tough.... Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

Phagey
5 months ago#386
My elemental draws are awful but I did get one relic I had wanted for a while: Lulu en-water LMR.

This is not going to help my regular Belias clear. She already caps Voltech under chain. But it may actually help me convert my team into an auto-battle team since I no longer have to hold back Strago OSB. My 20 seconds clear also means Lulu wouldn't lose that en-water before Belias goes down.

Lower priority now, since I still have to farm Madeen two more times and try the ice Magicites. But I may try it this week, once I get her to master the relic.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: corrente

corrente
5 months ago#387
F this dude. I’m missing something with damage mitigation. I guess I need to slot ATK down in somewhere.
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
5 months ago#388
corrente posted...
F this dude. I’m missing something with damage mitigation. I guess I need to slot ATK down in somewhere.

Yes, he buffs his atk so unless you’re very fast, an atk break is useful.
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
5 months ago#389
DrChia posted...
@corrente posted...

Yes, he buffs his atk so unless you’re very fast, an atk break is useful.

Yep. Saber buffs his ATK by 50%. Break it down
FFRK - Rem's AASB Code: 9DXU

User Info: vivi69

vivi69
5 months ago#390
Finally beat this one..
Sub 30, between 22-26 secs every clear

Just for a reminder to me:

OK / bsb lmr / battery / dmt
Elarra / usb / allegro exhaust polka / dr.mog
Rydia / aosb bsb2(imperil water) / ogopogo lunar levi / dmg summon+
Strago / aasb / chain waterja / dreamguide
Vivi / usb lmr / voltech chain waterga / scholar boon

Wall
Famfrit

OK = bsb > wall > wrath > rydia > famfrit > wrath > rydia > then go elarra
Elarra = allegro > wait a while > usb > polka > allegro > usb when up
Rydia = ogopogo until bsb2 > lunar levi until bsb2 up again > lunar levi > aosb
Strago = nonstop chain waterja > aasb > repeat
Vivi = wait until allegro up > chain waterga 2x > voltech 1x > usb > voltech nonstop
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Belias Discussion Topic
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers