The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: Devastation Omega

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#1
Jabbos: "C-Could she b-be... inside that thing...?"

Welcome to gimmick hell. Your next multiplayer superboss is FFXI Omega. But... This fight is ridiculous, beyond ridiculous. Tons of nasty tricks here, and positively ridiculous stats. Plus there's no synergy in this fight, either. Good luck.

This isn't technically confirmed, but will probably come with the rest of the mini-fest on Wednesday, November 14. Figured I'd just post it anyway. There are two difficulties; U++ gives 30 of each 4* mote, while D??? just rewards gil.

If you need (or want) any help with Devastation Omega, you can use m0rningstar's Multiplayer Raid Assistance Topic once it's available.

-- Omega (Ultimate++/Devastation) --
Medals: Finish with 2 or more heroes not KO'd
D??? Stats (Multi): 2,199,927 HP [Solo: 1,466,618 HP]
2470 ATK / 2471 MAG / 49984 DEF / 66487 RES / 665 MND / 420-440 SPD [Solo: 570-590 SPD]
Elements: None
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists breaks (50%); Mixed mitigation

Moveset:
Physical moves:
Guided Missile (NAT, 4-wide AoE, 578% damage, ranged)
Hyper Pulse (NAT, 3-wide AoE, 578% damage, 12% Slow/Interrupt)
Stun Cannon (NAT, 3-wide AoE, 578% Lightning damage, 12% Paralyze)
Devastation Colossal Blow (PHY, 3-wide AoE, 2000% damage, ranged, can break damage cap, Dispel)
Magical moves:
Floodlight (NAT, 4-wide AoE, 730% Holy damage, 30% Blind/Silence)
Laser Shower (NAT, AoE, 730% damage, 303% chance of debuff DEF -20% 20s)
Devastation Laser Shower (NAT, AoE, 810% damage, 30% Sap)
Gravity moves:
Pile Pitch (NAT, 303% chance of 99% Gravity damage, Dispel, 303% Interrupt, can break damage limit, targets character with highest "hate")
Colossal Blow (NAT, 303% chance of 99% Gravity damage, Dispel, 303% Interrupt, can break damage limit, targets character with highest "hate")
Other moves:
Target Analysis (NAT, 303% chance of debuff ATK/MAG/DEF/RES -20%, buff own ATK/MAG/DEF/RES +20%, targets highest HP%)
Discharger (NAT, 30% Radiant Shield on Omega for 7s)
Devastation Target Analysis (NAT, AoE, applies auto-hit Target Analysis to all targets who are not under the Defend status. Affected characters will receive 50% more damage and deal 1/3 less damage. Additionally, for every character affected, Omega will deal +50% more damage and receive [1+50%*characters] less damage.)
Special counters:
In response to every 10th counterable attack from front-row characters: Ion Efflux (NAT, front-row AoE, 48% Paralyze, ignores Astra)
In response to every 10th counterable attack from back-row characters: Rear Lasers (NAT, back-row AoE, 48% Petrify, ignores Astra)

AI notes:
- Phase 1 (>61% HP)
T1: Wait
T2: Wait
T3+10n: Target Analysis
T4+10n: Discharger
T6+5n: Pile Pitch
50%: Guided Missile
50%: Hyper Pulse

- Phase 2 (<61% HP)
T1+3n: Colossal Blow
20%: Stun Cannon
40%: Floodlight
40%: Laser Shower

- Phase 3 (<21% HP)
T1: "Devastation Preparing Target Analysis" [does nothing]
T2: Wait
T3: Wait
T4: Devastation Target Analysis
T5+5n: Devastation Colossal Blow
100%: Devastation Laser Shower
What a fuddy duddy.

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#2
Where do I even begin... Guess I'll just go through the moves roughly in order of appearance.

- #1: Target Analysis
Omega's first of many tricks is this "Full Steal" thing. It'll give itself an ATK/MAG/DEF/RES buff, which you can and should remove with Multi Break or Full Break. It also hits one character with an ATK/MAG/DEF/RES debuff. You might be able to block the debuff with Affliction Break in theory, but otherwise there's not much you can reasonably do to remove that part.

- #2: Discharger
Omega has its own version of Radiant Shield, which has the appearance of electrical sparks on its body. (It might be more accurately called "Shock Spikes" or something like that.) It only reflects 30% of received damage, but that's more than enough to kill high-damage characters, or at least waste your Last Stands left and right. It only lasts 7s, so you can just stall it out if you so choose. Because of this, you might consider planning for a slow start at the beginning of the fight, otherwise it'll just waste your CSBs and USBs. Omega will use Discharger again several turns later, though. He stops using it under 61% HP.

Note: Omega's Radiant Shield damage can be reflected by your own Radiant Shield if you bring one, but attacks triggering your Radiant Shield can't cause damage back at you.

- #3: Pile Pitch and Colossal Blow
In true MMO style, this battle has an aggro mechanic. Basically, these two attacks will target whichever character has pissed off Omega the most.

The exact mechanic:
100 hate points for each point of damage dealt.
200 hate points for each point of HP restored.
Note: Indirect healing or damage (HP stock, Regen, etc.) does not generate any hate.

Whoever has the most "hate points" will be the target of those two attacks. For typical teams, that would likely be one of your healers. A single high-DPS character, like anyone using Cloud's USB1, might draw the attacks instead though. These attacks do 99% Gravity damage plus 303% Interrupt and even Dispel, extremely pesky. Targeted characters can easily be picked off by AoEs afterwards, especially if they're towards the middle of the party, and would need that Dispel taken care of too.

However, these are still NAT Gravity attacks, and they surprisingly don't seem to have any cheaty bypasses. You should be able to block them with phys blinks, magic blinks, or Instant KO resists. A Major Instant KO resist on the appropriate character should eliminate these attacks almost completely, reducing that 303% chance to only 6%.
What a fuddy duddy.

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#3
- #4: Ion Efflux and Rear Lasers
Both of these attacks can be used as special counters throughout the fight. 10 attacks from the front row will trigger the front-row Ion Efflux. 10 attacks from the back row will trigger the back-row Rear Lasers. And each inflicts a deadly status: Paralyze, or Petrify.

And, both of these ignore Astra. Yes, they flipped the torment script on us. Affliction Break and status resists work on these, but Astra does not. That means that these attacks are effectively RNG no matter what, but you can potentially mitigate the RNG.

It's best if you avoid triggering these attacks in the first place, though. Don't attack Omega with any weak attacks. Lifesiphon, if you bring it, can and should be used on your own party members. Also note, it appears that only "counterable" attacks raise the counter. So, SB-spamming strats and things like reta meta should be able to avoid triggering these altogether, in theory. And of course, hitting Omega 9 times instead of 10 is perfectly safe. Altogether, it may be possible to get through the fight without seeing these attacks too much, if you play things correctly.

- #5: Guided Missile, Hyper Pulse, Stun Cannon, Floodlight, Laser Shower
Don't forget Omega's normal attacks, too. These dish out plenty of damage, the usual superboss-level stuff, so you need to take care of that as well. That will probably mean Wall+Protectga+Shellga, mitigation, and good healers. Last Stand is extremely important. There are a lot of 3-wide and 4-wide AoEs here, meaning characters towards the center of the party will be in the most danger. Pay attention to your party order, and try to keep the most important characters in the top and bottom slots.

Many of these attacks inflict statuses as well, so you need to somehow be prepared for that too. Astra, Affliction Break, and/or status resists can help. Note that many legend dives resist statuses as well, so that may help you. The status effects include some dangerous ones (Paralyze, Blind, Silence, Slow, etc), so don't underestimate this aspect.

- #6: Devastation Target Analysis
Omega will use this one at 20% HP, after some warning text. EVERYONE MUST DEFEND AGAINST DEVASTATION TARGET ANALYSIS. No exceptions! Make sure that nobody is using a BSB at that point, either, or they won't be able to defend in the first place. Note that it's an auto-hit status, so you can only block it with Defend.

In a multiplayer raid, if even just one player doesn't understand this gimmick and fails to defend, then Omega's offense and defense will both double towards the end. And if multiple players don't, then Omega's stats increase even further. For this reason, I'd strongly recommend against trying this fight at all in public raid. Every player absolutely needs to understand this mechanic beforehand.

But, that attack comes exactly once, and the game warns you when it's coming. So, it's easy to deal with as long as you know what to do. Don't take any significant risks on the timing, just Defend and wait for the attack.

- #7: Devastation Colossal Blow and Devastation Laser Shower
After Devastation Target Analysis, Omega will spam these two attacks until the end of the fight. Both deal extremely high damage, with Devastation Colossal Blow additionally dispelling 3 characters, and Devastation Laser Shower potentially inflicting Sap as it damages. You'll absolutely want to get through the last 20% HP as quickly as possible. Rush Omega down hard.
What a fuddy duddy.

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#4
- Other notes:
The second phase is clearly telegraphed with a screen flash and a music change. The third phase is somewhat telegraphed in a way too, since the game soon warns you that Devastation Target Analysis is coming.

The only good news I have for you is that Omega has no resistances, so you're more or less free to bring your best DPS. Cloud's USB1 might be a good match for this fight, since a slow start can avoid Discharger, and since you want to get through the last phase as quickly as possible. There's also Radiant Shield, but it probably isn't good enough for a direct kill given the high HP and all of the statuses flying about. Though it might be decent as secondary DPS here.

...Well, you know your own offensive options best. Just keep in mind that BSBs are effectively banned thanks to Devastation Target Analysis. Or at least, you'd better not have them up when Omega hits 20% HP.

And btw, a spare Hastega might be helpful for the Slows and Dispels in this fight. Assuming you can squeeze it in on top of everything else.

- Solo-specific notes:
"Hit-and-run" works in this fight, as with all multiplayer raids. Hit him a few times, flee when he uses Discharger, re-enter and repeat.

With or without that trick, though, you'll still have your work cut out for you. The partial AoEs and lack of party slots could be extremely problematic, and the medal conditions are an issue here like always.

-- D180 Ultimate++ Omega:
U++ is similar to the D??? fight, with a similar moveset and gimmicks. It may actually have identical AI, I couldn't find much info about it. However, the status probabilities are lower, and obviously it also has much lower stats. You'll still probably want to watch out for Discharger and Ultimate Target Analysis, though, assuming they're the same. And assuming that Omega actually gets to use them.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
4 weeks ago#5
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDartpELLnXKkhytW/giphy.gif
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
4 weeks ago#6
Reporting for battle.
FFRK: Y8Bi
Divine Veil Grimoire (461 Mind)

User Info: hikari90

hikari90
4 weeks ago#7
Thank you so much for the write up, it's a great help for everyone :)

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
4 weeks ago#8
What's with all these bs Raids? I haven't even bothered with Long Gui yet due to the Poison nonsense. Why give a superboss a weakness hardly anyone can exploit, something that you've pretty much dropped? Talk about bad game design.

I usually try to beat all fights but I can't be bothered with these. Until that previous one, Nemesis i think, my Raid record was impeccable, 100% completion with public Raid teams, just how they're supposed to be done. Probably just do the easy one here.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 weeks ago#9
LuBu1975 posted...
What's with all these bs Raids? I haven't even bothered with Long Gui yet due to the Poison nonsense. Why give a superboss a weakness hardly anyone can exploit, something that you've pretty much dropped? Talk about bad game design.

If you have a right setup and a chain for it, just go elemental. If you read Relm's thread on Long Gui you would see that Relm and a couple others have soloed it using magic teams. I didn't post mine there yet but Garnet CSB and Lightning magic team I used for magicite 5* worked just fine.

As long as you have a chain and right team should be able to power through. Poison isn't necessary so I don't know why you feel hung up just because you see that's the weakness. Make your own weakness via machinist spark offerings etc.
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
4 weeks ago#10
sarothias posted...
LuBu1975 posted...

If you have a right setup and a chain for it, just go elemental. If you read Relm's thread on Long Gui you would see that Relm and a couple others have soloed it using magic teams. I didn't post mine there yet but Garnet CSB and Lightning magic team I used for magicite 5* worked just fine.

As long as you have a chain and right team should be able to power through. Poison isn't necessary so I don't know why you feel hung up just because you see that's the weakness. Make your own weakness via machinist spark offerings etc.

Yeah I suppose but it's hard setting up teams with strangers. And I'm not a big fan of doing them solo cos to me it seems like that's missing the point.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: Devastation Omega
  • Topic Archived