• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: King in Waiting (FFXV Arachne + Mindflayers)

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 month ago#1
"What might from a distance appear a man in robes grows ever more hideous on further inspection, its face twisted into an inhuman mask that makes a mockery of nature. The daemon breathes an enervating gas to weaken prey before sapping its quarry of all life."
-- Mindflayer bestiary entry

Mote reward type: Spirit and Vitality

If you need (or want) any help with these bosses, feel free to use m0rningstar's general Multiplayer Raid Assistance Topic, here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/77010135

-- Arachne (Normal/Hard) --
Medals: Finish with 2 or more heroes not KO'd
Elements: Fire/Holy (weak), Lightning (resists)
Breaks/Mitigation: Normal: No break resistance; Hard: Resists breaks; Both: Mixed mitigation

Physical moves: Rake (PHY)
Magical moves: Thunderburst (NAT, 3-wide AoE, Lightning), Discharge (NAT, AoE, Lightning), Thunder Silk (NAT, AoE, Lightning), Spider Web (NAT, med% Stop)

-- Mindflayers & Imps (Ultimate+/Apocalypse+) --
Medals: Finish with 2 or more heroes not KO'd
Elements:
Mindflayers: Holy/Lightning (fully weak), Ice (resists)
Imps: Holy/Ice (fully weak), Fire (resists)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists breaks; Mixed mitigation

- Mindflayers
Physical moves: Mind Blast (NAT, high% Confuse)
Magical moves: Drain Touch (NAT, Dark, drains 5x the damage inflicted), Breath of Darkness (NAT, Dark, debuff ATK), Breath of Darkness (NAT, 3-wide AoE, Dark, debuff ATK)
Other moves: Ultimate Berserk (NAT, self-buff ATK)

- Imps
Physical moves: Jump Attack (PHY)
Magical moves: Stare (NAT), Stone (NAT, med% Interrupt)
Other moves: Horn of Weakness (NAT, AoE, debuff ATK)

You're fighting against 3 waves of enemies:
1) Mindflayer + 3 Imps
2) Mindflayer + 2 Imps
3) Mindflayer + 2 Imps

The obvious strat is to AoE the Imps down quickly, finish off the Mindflayer, and repeat. Perhaps something like Valigarmanda alongside some ST Lightning/Holy. A mage team is preferred, since these enemies like to debuff your ATK. (Note, those ATK debuffs will overwrite Shout and its equivalents, as well.)

Wall+Protectga+Shellga and Dark resists should take care of any incoming damage well enough, and you may also want Astra to block the confuse and interrupt procs. Alternately, it may be possible to blitz these things down without taking any damage, if you have a particularly good setup.

Btw, note that this boss is fully weak to elements... Looking ahead, it appears that's the standard for weekly multiplayers now. Even ignoring powercreep, these things just keep getting easier and easier.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
1 month ago#2
Fully weak? Yeah, these are getting easier. Right now, the only question on my mind: Arc or Rem? Which one should I use to slaughter everyone.

Also, we should be getting the next Infernal+ MO battle soon, right? I don't recall it showing up in the datamine summary.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 month ago#3
Shadow Stalker X posted...
Fully weak? Yeah, these are getting easier. Right now, the only question on my mind: Arc or Rem? Which one should I use to slaughter everyone.

Also, we should be getting the next Infernal+ MO battle soon, right? I don't recall it showing up in the datamine summary.

Yeah, Long Gui, that was in the data. https://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/ww/compile/en/image/event_mo/suppress_2711/banner.png

I guess they're doing that one when Jumbo goes away, so the 6th probably. I was going to post that in a day or two.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
1 month ago#4
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
Shadow Stalker X posted...

Yeah, Long Gui, that was in the data. https://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/ww/compile/en/image/event_mo/suppress_2711/banner.png

I guess they're doing that one when Jumbo goes away, so the 6th probably. I was going to post that in a day or two.

Okay, guess I missed that one.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
1 month ago#5
Fully weak from now on? I wonder why. Sure, we now have D350s for "end game" MP, but I don't see why they needed to make D220s even easier. There hasn't been a particularly difficult MP fight since Air Force that I can recall.

I guess this means I no longer have to be concerned about MP bosses with 70% elemental resistance then? Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 month ago#6
ShinUltima posted...
Fully weak from now on? I wonder why. Sure, we now have D350s for "end game" MP, but I don't see why they needed to make D220s even easier. There hasn't been a particularly difficult MP fight since Air Force that I can recall.

Maybe so that everybody gets to advertise, er I mean show off all of their new toys. Bigger numbers is better for business, probably...

Either way, yeah, they've been gradually getting simpler and easier. Both for me analyzing them, and for actually fighting them too. Hard to pick an exact cutoff, but I'd say that we haven't had anything even remotely interesting among the D220s for at least 4 months, maybe more since it's been a bit gradual and even some of the more interesting fights (like Goddess) were still pretty much pushovers.

Btw, this isn't even the first fully weak D220 boss. Geryon was for instance, and tbh I probably just overlooked one or two as well. The JP wiki does differentiate between them, but it's pretty subtle and easy to miss since I've come to expect partial weaknesses by default.

I guess this means I no longer have to be concerned about MP bosses with 70% elemental resistance then? Haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Not among the D220s, it doesn't look like? Worst you'll see would be something with no weaknesses or resistances. I don't know though, I didn't look all the way to JP's present.

Of course, the D350s are another story. And then there's Devastation Omega as well, which is probably the single worst multiplayer boss to date and for the next 6 months. That one should be "fun."
What a fuddy duddy.

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 month ago#7
Bump. Did this one with Ashe, Hope, Garnet, Shelke, Penelo.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
1 month ago#8
Incase I need to farm greens, for here I use Ramza CSB, Orlandeau Cloud RW + Saber & Ace Madeen.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 month ago#9
I don't understand how people can be so damn stupid! After waiting like 15 min for a wall a Y'shtola comes. Fine. Get into battle and.. she uses Aetherial Pulse. wtf!? You're the only source of wall! Put protect or shell on over your ARISE! JFC....
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
1 month ago#10
Sir Will posted...
I don't understand how people can be so damn stupid! After waiting like 15 min for a wall a Y'shtola comes. Fine. Get into battle and.. she uses Aetherial Pulse. wtf!? You're the only source of wall! Put protect or shell on over your ARISE! JFC....

Damn people still use Y'sh wall that's so old school haha.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Multiplayer Raid tips: King in Waiting (FFXV Arachne + Mindflayers)
  • Topic Archived