You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Behemoth King Discussion Topic v2

User Info: Cless012

Cless012
4 weeks ago#171
Awesome, got him around 37 seconds, almost had him at 32 but he barely held on alive. With a 5* deck I can get him sub30 most likely

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
4 weeks ago#172
Grats! It gets easier once you’ve logged your first kill.
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: khain37

khain37
4 weeks ago#173
Hey I did a thing....first 5* clear, as painful and terribly coordinated as it was. My Earth magic needs work.

Time: 1.03.40
Team:
Elarra - Shellga R2, Curada R3 - USB - Ace Striker - Full Dive
Maria - Chain Stonega R3, Protectga R2 - BSB - TGM - Full Dive
Vivi - Meltdown R4, Chain Stoneja R3 - USB - +Earth Dmg - Full Dive
OK - Wrath R4, Entrust R3 - mUSB/LMR - MM - Full Dive
Ingus - Power Breakdown R2, Wrath R3 - CSB/BSB2 - Dr Mog - En Earth LMR

The sad looking magicite deck: Earth Guardian w/ +8 Dampen Lightning, Midgardsormr w/ +10 magic boon, level 80 (lol) Midgardsomr, Seraph w/ Level 5 Blade ward, and...

Kraken w/ level 7 water boost ...which was a mistake...woops. Would have put an Evrae here with lvl 5 Spell ward instead...but I'm wonder if the extra blade ward gave me enough buffer to survive the AOEs and keep everyone alive. Otherwise the double empower water and attack boon was wasted.

Maria had 2 Earth Boosts, Vivi had 1. Had to rely on Maria BSB commands and reflected earth damage from Ingus BSB2 at the end. Almost had a sub 1min run but I think BK got a self-heal off and BSB2 reflect faded so I had to recast.

I have Maria's glint...might be worth using to boost earth damage a bit of the BSB commands as she only used bars to re-cast BSB. Might help shave off some time.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
4 weeks ago#174
khain37 posted...
Hey I did a thing....first 5* clear, as painful and terribly coordinated as it was. My Earth magic needs work.

Team:

The sad looking magicite deck: Earth Guardian w/ +8 Dampen Lightning, Midgardsormr w/ +10 magic boon, level 80 (lol) Midgardsomr, Seraph w/ Level 5 Blade ward, and...

Kraken w/ level 7 water boost ...which was a mistake...woops. Would have put an Evrae here with lvl 5 Spell ward instead...but I'm wonder if the extra blade ward gave me enough buffer to survive the AOEs and keep everyone alive. Otherwise the double empower water and attack boon was wasted.

Maria had 2 Earth Boosts, Vivi had 1. Had to rely on Maria BSB commands and reflected earth damage from Ingus BSB2 at the end. Almost had a sub 1min run but I think BK got a self-heal off and BSB2 reflect faded so I had to recast.

I have Maria's glint...might be worth using to boost earth damage a bit of the BSB commands as she only used bars to re-cast BSB. Might help shave off some time.

I've almost got this setup, I'd have to sub Red XIII for Ingus and find a useful alternative to OK mUSB.

Anybody - What ARE some good alternatives to OK mUSB?
FFRK: ubvE (Rikku USB)

User Info: elidodog

elidodog
4 weeks ago#175
The_Lourde posted...
khain37 posted...

Team:

I've almost got this setup, I'd have to sub Red XIII for Ingus and find a useful alternative to OK mUSB.

In a setup where all they have is wrath+entrust, Edward does an okay-ish job replacing Onion Knight+mUSB setup, with the downside that the ultra will not be instant cast, but otherwise serve a very similar role. It wouldn't net a sub 30, but it certainly can stand in a similar capacity to OK. Other notable downsides include Edward's significantly lower speed and defenses but still, it's the closest thing Global has to OK mUSB. I used it for months in 4* as a replacement and would have kept doing so without pulling OK mUSB right before 5* magicites released.

User Info: khain37

khain37
4 weeks ago#176
elidodog posted...
The_Lourde posted...
khain37 posted...

Team:

In a setup where all they have is wrath+entrust, Edward does an okay-ish job replacing Onion Knight+mUSB setup, with the downside that the ultra will not be instant cast, but otherwise serve a very similar role. It wouldn't net a sub 30, but it certainly can stand in a similar capacity to OK. Other notable downsides include Edward's significantly lower speed and defenses but still, it's the closest thing Global has to OK mUSB. I used it for months in 4* as a replacement and would have kept doing so without pulling OK mUSB right before 5* magicites released.

If you have Reds CSB, you can bring ACM on Elarra to mimic the quick cast in between usb uses.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: steakfaced

steakfaced
3 weeks ago#177
Still can not get this bastard.
Rydia LD BSB LM1 LM2
Polom USB
OK mUSB
Red XIII USB
Galuf Chain
Aerith USB 2
Elarra USB
Ignis BSB2
Tyro USB3
That's what I choose from.been mixing and matching for four hours no luck.
I made the mistake of inheriting my Shell Dragon into my Heca.. other than that typical set up.
Midgar x2
Heca double dampen
Giza double ward
I've tried Evrae and also Firemane here.

Any help appreciated might just skip and try water instead.

The_Lourde
3 weeks ago#178
Since I've got VoF, I'll see about running OK with that since he's certainly faster than Edward.
FFRK: ubvE (Elarra USB)

The_Lourde
3 weeks ago#179
Ugh. Couple of tries. Keep getting SO CLOSE, but not close enough.

Most successful team so far (without actually, you know, succeeding...) is:

Onion Knight: Chain Stonega R3 and either Entrust R2 or sometimes Shifting Sands R2 in an attempt to avoid Savage Hurl. Full LD, using VoF. RM is Dr Mog. He starts with VoF (duh) and spams Chain Stonega and generally Entrusts once or twice to Elarra while keeping ready to re-up VoF. Uses Magicite when it comes up. Minor Earth Resist and Moderate Lightning Resist.

Maria: Chain Stonega R3 and Shellga R2. Partial LD for stats, has one LMR. I think it was en-Earth. BSSB. RM is Thunder God's Might. She uses Shellga ASAP, throws out three Chain Stonegas, then it's BSSB -> CMD2 -> CMD1 spam. One Earth+ piece of armor. Moderate Lightning Resist.

Vivi: Chain Stoneja R3 (R4?) and Meltdown R4. Full LD. USB. RM is Weakness+. He uses two Meltdowns (defending on his second turn), USB -> Chain Stoneja spam. Earth+, Moderate Lightning Resist.

Elarra: Curada R4 and Protega R2. Full LD. USB. RM is Mako Might. She starts off with RW -> USB -> Protega (that QC gets it out just in time if I'm not slow), then it's generally either USB or Curada based on whether the last hit from BK was AoE or something else. Minor Earth resist and Moderate Lightning Resist. Relm (USB, Dive), Eiko (USB), Y'shtola (USB & BUSB), a couple of others.

Red XIII: Wrath R4 and Entrust R3. CSB. RM is Ace Striker. Start off with Wrath -> Entrust to Elarra, Wrath to CSB (which gets that QC from Elarra USB), Wrath -> Wrath -> Entrust to Elarra throughout the fight. Minor Earth Resist and Moderate Lightning Resist.

RW: Wall

Earth Guardian (+L7 Dampen) || Shell Dragon (+L15 Earth Boost), Midgardsormr (+L15 Mag Boost), the other two I've mostly been swapping around to figure out what helps the most. I could see Sylph (+L7 Dampen Earth) and something with Blade/Spell Ward.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

The_Lourde
3 weeks ago#180
GOT HIM!!! 00:36.47 Mastered, 2 dead.

Honed one of my Chain Stonega up to R4, and switched up OK and Vivi.

Gave OK Meltdown, Hastega, and USB3 while I switched his armor from Earth Resist to Earth+. The damage wasn't as good as Vivi, but it was still not bad with the Chases from USB3 adding to the Chain. Also switched out Midgardsormr for Tiamat (+L15 Mag Boost) so that I had a little less Earth Boost but both Blade/Spell Ward. So Earth Guardian||Shell Dragon/Tiamat/Sylph/Gizmaluke. Also, the boost from Red XIII CSB and our Magicite was enough for Maria's CMD1 to do 6 hits without CMD2 or VoF, which was a nice bonus.

Vivi and Red XIII died. Guess I'll have to figure something out there, maybe some Waters.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Behemoth King Discussion Topic v2