You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Behemoth King Discussion Topic v2

User Info: Fenix7

Fenix7
5 months ago#11
I feel like I should be able to beat him but at about the 45 sec mark some1 usually dies and he is at about 50% health but I still haven't used my ASB yet.

My team

LD Maria BSB OSB ASB
LD Rinoa Brave USB
LD OK mUSB USB3
Ignis BSB2 CSB LMR
LD Elara USB

My magicite deck is incomplete.

Do I need to wait for power creep?
RW - Shadow BSB for dailies
jCcv

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
5 months ago#12
Man now I understand why Elarra USB is so broken for Magicite 5*. I tried to chase it for 600 mythrils , but lady luck was not on my side as always USB medica avoid me at all cost. It's almost like most USB healer are garbage against them except for Relm and Aerith? Let's not forget the good old Edge or Raijin ssb which let sub 30 like a joke with Hades magicites. it's too bad that I don't have them and Dena decide to skip the ssb selection.
So I had to struggle, but still I was able to master it. No OK mUSB, Elarra USB and Edge or Raijin SSB.
Thanks Alphinaud for saving me as always with your radiant shield..
https://gfycat.com/LoathsomeUnhealthyFantail
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
5 months ago#13
@Smealiko yea for 5* sub30. is pretty much. raijin/edge/aeris/elarra/realm or bust.

Smealiko
5 months ago#14
@raoxi Let's not forget people voted Noctis SSB over Edge SSB. What a bunch of clowns!

Fenix7
5 months ago#15
Smealiko posted...
Man now I understand why Elarra USB is so broken for Magicite 5*. I tried to chase it for 600 mythrils , but lady luck was not on my side as always USB medica avoid me at all cost. It's almost like most USB healer are garbage against them except for Relm and Aerith? Let's not forget the good old Edge or Raijin ssb which let sub 30 like a joke with Hades magicites. it's too bad that I don't have them and Dena decide to skip the ssb selection.
So I had to struggle, but still I was able to master it. No OK mUSB, Elarra USB and Edge or Raijin SSB.
Thanks Alphinaud for saving me as always with your radiant shield..

Umm I have most of those things but still can't beat him.. except for the leveled up magicite part ... so guess I am doing something wrong?
jCcv
(edited 5 months ago)

Smealiko
5 months ago#16
@Fenix7 A good trick that I found out about this battle, when you reach his phase 2, he's going to use Savage hurl on the first member right away. Make sure you use defend on that character so he won't die or lose last stand. For me, it went like this Savage hurl first member-- >attack move-->attack move--> Savage hurl on second member. This saved me a sb for my healer. It's all about timing and I also suggest you to read the script. Lving your magicites and honing your abilities do make a difference. Create the Chain Stoneja ability if you can afford it.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: PlatinumArrow

PlatinumArrow
5 months ago#17
@philsov posted...
@PlatinumArrow - how tf are you able to deal with all this damage input with Eiko alone?

I'm running similar: Eiko (USB), OK (mUSB), Red XIII (CSB), Alphinaud (USB), Maria (BSSB).

If this keeps up I'll go Ignis BSB2 + Red XIII CSB + 2x healer and just turtle myself to victory...

Answer: Ingus CSB. I cast it at the start of the battle and allow the Last Stand to propel me through the opening while Eiko spams Curada to rack up gauge with Ace Striker. The first time she actually needs to use Guardian Mog herself is at the start of Phase 2, whether that be by turns elapsed or damage threshold. So I can see how you're having a problem there. My team works in such a way that the incoming damage in Phase 1 pops Last Stand one by one, allowing Eiko to just top them off normally with Curada without resorting to her USB until later.

Phase 3 usually comes at ~35 seconds. At this point Onion has already recast his mUSB and will spend the entirety of the last stretch feeding Eiko every single point of the SB gauge she can to keep up with the Savage attack barrage while allowing Ingus BSB2 to rack up free damage.
"The secret of being a bore is to tell everything." -- Voltaire
FFRK FC: QJLH | Currently: Custom Starshell (Prompto CSB)

User Info: philsov

philsov
5 months ago#18
Riiight. I'd forgotten about the last stand Ignis chain provides.

Hm. Maybe I can run something like Duece with her super for another charge of last stand and then rock bard/black magic combo...
Remember that I won't rest, 'til we share the same tense
Just know, to me, you're better late than never again.

Fenix7
5 months ago#19
Smealiko posted...
@Fenix7 A good trick that I found out about this battle, when you reach his phase 2, he's going to use Savage hurl on the first member right away. Make sure you use defend on that character so he won't die or lose last stand. For me, it went like this Savage hurl first member-- >attack move-->attack move--> Savage hurl on second member. This saved me a sb for my healer. It's all about timing and I also suggest you to read the script. Lving your magicites and honing your abilities do make a difference. Create the Chain Stoneja ability if you can afford it.

Oh didn't know it was scripted. Will take a look. Will need to do all the others, but want to make sure I can beat him before honing.

Thanks
jCcv

Smealiko
5 months ago#20
@philsov @Fenix7 I'm just curious, but why do you guys keep saying Ignis when it's Ingus? Ingus is the guy with Earth chain from FF3. Ignis is from FF15 and has no chain.
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Behemoth King Discussion Topic v2