• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXIII Torment: Evil on High General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#221
@Target_Master These new passives make survival so much easier here, I can go 20s or more before activating Vanille's BSB. Much less to be intimidated about, sounds like you could get to 100% soon enough.

@raoxi Yeah, pretty much my thinking. If my ultimate plan is to put to L8 Health Boons on one Madeen, and two L8 Spell Wards on another Madeen, you may as well create a double Phoenix and double Famfrit now, and enjoy them.

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#222
And there's the 100%!

In 57.34s, which was almost 20s faster than my 95%, weirdly enough. I did change a few things around though, most notably keeping keeping Serah on DPS rather than using her to refresh Hastega, and also just getting better at timing Vanille's Hastegas.

But first, a very important announcement/reminder: Incubus Fulminous Firestorm is actually LIGHTNING damage.

It's a very understandable typo to make, given the name of the ability, but I noticed that this was actually doing the most damage to the hero with the major fire resist. That triggered a lingering memory that that they had chosen a very nonsensical name for a lightning ability. So switching Vanille to a the major lightning resist really helped, not surprisingly.

In order of slots 1-5:
4* Vanille / BSB / R4 Curada + R3 Hastega / Mako Might / major lightning resist (+minor fire resist armor)
LD Hope / USB + OSB / R4 Madeen + R3 Shellga / Gathering Storm / double holy boost / Gigas Armlet
LD Raines / BSB / R3 Dire Heal + R4 Magic Breakdown / +30% dmg RM / double dark boost / Gigas Armlet
LD Serah / USB1 + SSB2 + LMR / R4 Voltech + R4 Chain Blizzaga / DMT / single ice boost / Holiday Ornament
LD Nabaat / BSB + LMR / R5 Dark Zone + R3 Memento Mori / +30% dmg RM / double dark boost / major ice resist
Phantom (+L15 Empower Dark) as main magicite; Phoenix (+L8 Health Boon, +L10 Dampen Ice), Famfrit (+L8 Spell Ward, +L10 Dampen Fire), Earth Guardian (+L7 Dampen Lightning), Dullahan (+L15 Empower Ice) as subs

Vanille and Hope were max watered for HP and RES to help survive the opening, but I'm not sure they were necessary in this iteration. Vanille did have a reforged max augmented SSB Physician's Staff, which combined with Serah's SSB2 for the first 30s and BSB for the rest of the time to provide some valuable big healing numbers.

Another change was putting Raines in the middle so he could heal up from the barrage of attacks hitting Slot 3 with Dire Heal when necessary. He still died at the very end, but that was better than Hope dying earlier on. In fact, Hope got the kill with his OSB.

I could actually consider starting the chain a little earlier, as I had a decent amount of run left when the screen flashed, but not sure it would make enough difference to get to sub-50. As is, the first chain hits right before Raines, Serah, and Nabaat cast their initial damaging SBs, and the vast majority of the damage is done in the last 35s of the fight.

Here's how I operated, with emphasis on the first few turns:
Vanille: Curada to self -> Curada to Nabaat -> Curada to Hope -> Curada to Serah -> Curada to Raines -> Curada to self -> Curada to Hope -> BSB to heal up before Phase 2's first Ultimate Holy -> Hastega (timed to land after Diluvial Plague) -> BSB -> Curadas/Cmd2/Hastega/BSB
Hope: Shellga x3 -> Phantom -> Shellga -> USB -> Chain (wait to cast so it lands just before Raines BSB) -> Madeens etc. (including Shellga after the Ulttimate Foul Utternace, so the next Diluvial Plague hurts less, and he refreshed Phantom to block the Phase 5 Ultimate Holy, which provided some welcome breathing room)
Raines: Magic Breakdown -> Dire Heal x3 -> BSB -> Cmd1 -> Magic Breakdown to erase Faith before Ultimate Holy -> Mostly Cmd1
Serah: SSB2 (the MAG/MND Hasetga) -> Chain Blizzaga x3 -> USB -> Voltech when chain count is low, Chain Blizzaga/USB refresh when chain count is high
Nabaat: Dark Zone x3 -> Memento Mori -> BSB -> Dark Zones (BSB when available), and she or Hope generally ended up being the one to refresh the chain

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
3 months ago#223
Grats!!! @ffrkowaway
FFRK - Ramza's CSB Code: 9DXU

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#224
@sarothias Thanks! Now 5/11 on 100%, got a ways to go, but this is a good one to have out of the way.

I'm thinking a Madeen with two Health Boons, maybe another with Fast Act, will give me sub-50. (I had tried a Fast Act Evrae in place of Earth Guardian, but that compromised survival a little too much.)

sarothias
3 months ago#225
Decided to give this a few tries tonight. Last time I attempted I got 65% painfully about a month ago.
Gonna try tomorrow a bit more. Went from 65% to 87% though! I don't remember the ending time when i finally lost but it was late. Whole fight felt painfully slow. Past 1 minute 10 for sure when it ended lol.

@ffrkowaway copied a lot of your build (like accessories, magicite and placement) I admit and for the most part went fairly smooth.

LD Vanille: R4 Curada/R3 Hastega - LMR/LM2 - Gathering Storm - Major Lit resistance
4* Serah: R4 Chain Thundaja/R5 Voltech - SSB2 - Mako Might - Gigas
LD Raines: R3 Dire Heal/R4 Magic Breakdown - LM1/LM2 - Heart of Darkness - Gigas - 40% Dark Boost
4* Sazh: R5 Wrath/R4 Entrust - SSB (mblink/boostga) - Dr. Mog - Holiday Ornament
LD Lightning: R4 Flash Disaster/R4 Ripper Bolt - BSB2/USB - LM1/LM2 - Scholar's Boon - Major Ice resistance - 40% Lightning Boost

Main Magicite: Behemoth King (+10 Precise Strikes/+15 Empower Lightning)
Sub: Phoenix (+8 Health Boon/+10 Dampen Ice), Famfrit (+10 Dampen Fire/+8 Spell Ward), Earth Guardian (+5 Health Boon/+10 Dampen Lightning), Necrophobe (+10 Dampen Light)

Kinda sketchy at first with no Shellga but somehow it worked. Ran out of chains in P4 plus Cid Raines died unfortunately else I would have hit the 90% mark. I kinda want to remove Sazh but he did blink a few spells overall plus provided that boostga for Lightning. Hrmm although come to think of it, it probably isn't needed in the end as she gets under USB and BSB2 eventually. Not to mention the BSB2 does imperil.

Maybe tomorrow I'll swap out Sazh for Noel. Have his BSB2/USB2. Kinda crappy his best move would be icicle shot though lol. Only have it at R3 and can't afford to hone it further atm and his BSB attack CMD is just a single hit. Could slot him with Shellga though and just Shellga into BSB or USB2. Ah decisions.

I also plan on LDing Serah due to owning her CSB. I just need 5 more Wisdom motes so will dive her when the IX torment comes this week. Granted could buy 5 motes but eh, waited this long already /shrug

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
3 months ago#226
@ffrkowaway im tempted to make those double phoenix and famfrit... hmmm they mustve been huge right?

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
3 months ago#227
@Sarothias don't you have Noel USB2 + bsb2?

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#228
@sarothias Good progress, but yeah, felt surprisingly slow to me as well, but XIII is weirdly not exactly overflowing with top DPS. I don't think there's anyone who can make good use of any of the 5-hit 6* abilities, for instance (though there's Fang once Sky High is buffed).

It probably makes sense to put Lighnting into Sarah's spot though. That way her en-lightning can help a little with mitigation on the lightning attacks. Too bad you don't have a source of en-ice for Serah though, since the same concept applies to the ice damage that hits the bottom slots.

@raoxi Do it! Double HP Boon in particular feels like just a huge powercreep.

sarothias
3 months ago#229
@ffrkowaway posted...
@sarothias Good progress, but yeah, felt surprisingly slow to me as well, but XIII is weirdly not exactly overflowing with top DPS. I don't think there's anyone who can make good use of any of the 5-hit 6* abilities, for instance (though there's Fang once Sky High is buffed).

It probably makes sense to put Lighnting into Sarah's spot though. That way her en-lightning can help a little with mitigation on the lightning attacks. Too bad you don't have a source of en-ice for Serah though, since the same concept applies to the ice damage that hits the bottom slots.

@raoxi Do it! Double HP Boon in particular feels like just a huge powercreep.

Yeah, good call on moving Lightning. I forgot about the En also mitigating 20% ><

@KnightLordST Aye. Never really gave him a try after getting it before. I want to say was still around fest time maybe? Just never went back here till yesterday.

Subbed Noel in for Sazh with Lifesiphon and Icicle Shot - Ace Striker RM. Went from 87% --> 97%.

Tried it again and got the clear. Phew! 1.17 is my horrible time but at least it is cleared. Messed up and lost Cid Raines to the Ultimate Holy in P3 right after the Diluvial Plague. Decided to limp along and see what happens. Still managed to eke out a win 2 turns from Incubus Dead End lol.

Would have helped if I used crystal waters but I'm being picky with those and just using them on certain characters and favorites sooo /shrug I did LD Noel and Serah (said screw it and bought the 5 motes I was short lol). Got in the mood to beat this :) I did give Noel Shellga just to make P1 easier on the clear attempt. Had I let him keep Icicle Shot that would have undoubtedly made a difference to. Wish I had his DC LMR. Serah's as well.

Now just missing a clear in X (55%) and XV (70%). XV I know I have the tools to win so that will be my next target or IX. Just gonna wait and see how that one is first.

ffrkowaway
3 months ago#230
@sarothias Practically a 4-character win, congrats! And yeah, I doubt you'll miss the rubies to buy those Wisdom Motes.

I have been rather aggressive with my HP water (everything else I can essentially make up for with Magia, if I must), but I am trying to dial back the use of HP Waters in case I need them for 5*. At this point, using 5* motes for HP is starting to be my first choice for non-mages.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXIII Torment: Evil on High General Information + Boss Tips
  • Topic Archived