• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFVIII The Words That Started It All General Information + Elite Boss Tips

User Info: jondias

jondias
3 months ago#21
Ultima is a butthead. But no match for Raijin, ya know?
Tough.... Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

User Info: Sporadicles

Sporadicles
3 months ago#22
CM Ultima Weapon was difficult, which was nice. I have no Last Stand in realm, didn't think to RW one (choosing Godwall), so tried bringing Curaise. Tbh this didn't overly help, as the raised character, Quistis, would die. Silly masochistic whip mage..

But lots of imperils (Laguna SSB and Wendigo), plus Edea w/BSB and Rinoa w/CSB/AOSB/LM2/LMR2 meant we killed it quickly, losing 1 medal for KO - Rinoa fell after her AOSB. Selphie healed with her SSB.

User Info: MajorMahalo1

MajorMahalo1
3 months ago#23
Went in blind and managed to CM the whole event. Ultima Weapon sucked. First attempt with imperils failed right at the end(no visible hp bar... the bastard). 3 were dead at that point, though, so I reworked the team. I traded Laguna for Irvine and dropped it's damage with breaks which made it easier for Selphie to keep us alive.

Squall: BSB2 spam
Rinoa: Flare spam -> USB1 -> Chain Blizz spam -> Brave CMD -> USB1 -> Chain Blizz -> AOSB for the finish
Raijin: Lifesiphon spam -> SSB when available
Irvine: Full Break -> Power Breakdown -> repeat
Selphie: SSB -> Curada spam -> dispel when necessary

RW: GodWall
MM: Enkidu
All had earth resists

Squall did the most amount of damage, with Rinoa only really contributing with her AOSB for 75k and the win. Ultimate Ultima spam was almost the worst of it, with Apocalypse Ultima Weapon being the worst of it. Light Pillar mitigated by Raijin.

Selphie died from Light Pillar -> Ultimate Ultima at about the 3/4 mark, but somehow, Raijin kept us alive until we won. Brutal CM for FFVIII. Glad I decided to just do it now and get it over with.
FFRK: QcCe | God Wall
In game name: Iokua

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
2 months ago#24
So ugh... Why did this only have the latest 3 dungeons from the event? I want to have preparation for Seifer Solo too :x
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
2 months ago#25
Clementee posted...
So ugh... Why did this only have the latest 3 dungeons from the event? I want to have preparation for Seifer Solo too :x

Like he said:

Also from this event it looks like the AI breakdown stops for Ultimate battles so it looks like I'll only be covering U++, Apoc, and Apoc++ now.

Spirialis and Solitaire both stopped covering the U fights from this point forward, because they've pretty much been powercreeped them into oblivion. For vets especially, but even newer players can usually just RW an AOSB and call it a day.

Spirialis: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/88k8wd/words_of_beginning_boss_info/
Solitaire: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76467604

Unless you want to learn Japanese and/or dive into the JP data, since that's pretty much the only other way to find any info not covered by those two. (And using google translate on the JP stuff is a special type of absurdity. I frequently subject myself to that, but I wouldn't wish it on anybody else.)
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: superchibideath

superchibideath
2 months ago#26
--Seifer (Ultimate)--
HP: ??
Elements: Bio(Weak +50%)
Physical moves: Attack (ST, maybe AoE), Ultimate Bloodfest (NAT AoE, piercing), maybe others
Magical moves: Fira (AoE (usually), fire), (maybe) Firaga (ST (usually), fire)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed
Counters: 100% chance to counter Odin with Zantetsuken Reverse (damage)
Thoughts: Ram a Doomtrain up his kiester. Or just RW Squall or Rinoa's ASB. Win much victory.
FFRK RW - Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire (USB) 3QFP
Fate/Grand Order - 091,029,168 (Aamco); Fire Emblem Heroes - Y. Tiki 2700255684

User Info: SacredX

SacredX
2 months ago#27
https://i.imgur.com/H6hlkrR.png - Vaan still proving he's the best.

New fest got me thinking about Vaan again. I was going to give his solos a rest until the new 6* Thief abilities came, but he hasn't soloed an A++ since KH Cloud, so it would be bad if he got rusty. Luckily he was able to solo, but it took a bit of brain power to figure out the best RW, best Magicite(s), which abilities to bring, when to use said abilities, and a bit of luck from his LM2. Fun solo, not sure if I'll bother recording it now though; been a while since FFVIII came out so no one cares about the battle anymore.
Latest Guide: [Crystal Tower] Twintania Free SBs CM - https://gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76548492

Clementee
2 months ago#28
superchibideath posted...
--Seifer (Ultimate)--
Physical moves: Attack (ST, maybe AoE), Ultimate Bloodfest (NAT AoE, piercing), maybe others
Thoughts: Ram a Doomtrain up his kiester. Or just RW Squall or Rinoa's ASB. Win much victory.

Tried to Armor breakdown+Armor break him, and the use Squall's ASB from RW still have like 20% HP. Can't beat him...

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
2 months ago#29
@Clementee posted...
superchibideath posted...
--Seifer (Ultimate)--

Tried to Armor breakdown+Armor break him, and the use Squall's ASB from RW still have like 20% HP. Can't beat him...

Armor break and Armor breakdown do NOT stack. They are the same "ID" so they overwrite each other. You can stack armor breakdown and full break since they have different IDs. For a quick way to tell what stacks and doesn't you just look at what they do.

Stacks:
Full break: ATK, MAG, DEF, RES
Armor Breakdow: DEF
Hyper Break: ATK, MAG, DEF, RES, MND

Won't Stack:
Full Break: ATK, MAG, DEF, RES
Full Breakdown: ATK, MAG, DEF RES

Full break/breakdown will just overwrite each other since they affect the same stats. So as long as the group of affected stats are different they will stack. Just keep an eye on your grouped stats and the values. You don't want a break overwriting a breakdown and reducing effectiveness.
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf

Clementee
2 months ago#30
Oh thanks but I still can't beat him... He still have like 15-20% HP left
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFVIII The Words That Started It All General Information + Elite Boss Tips
  • Topic Archived