Ever been forced to use a character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Ever been forced to use a character?

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
1 month ago#11
Tidus

100 hemmed some of his stuff. Also got some of his gear accidentally on other banners.

And then theres Cloud. 100 gemmed his USB and OSB but still haven't used him.
FFRK: Y8Bi
Divine Veil Grimoire (461 Mind)

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
1 month ago#12
I had to put Echo in my party.

Why are you complaining about a sexy sex fairy

I complain that debuffs are worthless now so it's so hard to justify using her.

RIP anyone who actually honed the dual break dances

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
1 month ago#13
I mean, if we're going by characters we dislike from their original games, the number one for me would be Beatrix, as I absolutely can't stand her in FFIX, but she's been decent for me in FFRk since I got her BSSB. She was one of my early LDs and used in some D300 Torment farming teams, and now she's in my sub-30 Hades team.

The number two character would probably be Yuffie, whom I generally dislike in VII. In FFRK, all of a sudden she's waifu, my most complete character, with AOSB, USB1, USB2, BSSB1, BSSB2, Glint and LMR, fully dived. Jokes on her, though, since I don't actually use her for anything (no need for her in any sub-30 magicite team; used her in one CT fight thus far and that's it) but I imagine that will change in the future.

The only other character I can think of that made me go "Ugh" to use was Vanille, another character I dislike in her original game (but not as much as Beatrix or Yuffie). She's been great for me in FFRK with just her BSSB though - number 1 healer for nine months, carried me through early Torments, and my only fully dived healer to date.

Aside from those three, there aren't any characters that I would say I was "opposed" to using prior, and even saying I was "opposed" to using them is a stretch. I generally don't play favourites in FFRK - whoever's the best to be deployed, that's who I'm going to use. I don't know who the hell Shelke or Alphinaud are, but they're useful units for me, so they get used. Balthier is sex in videogame form, but I've got nothing for him and he's kinda bleh regardless, so he never gets used.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

User Info: EchoNull

EchoNull
1 month ago#14
@Uiru posted...
Two reasons:
1) the way she was presented in Mobius, and constantly shoved in the player's face, was super obnoxious and grated on me the entire time. I stuffed her into the Moogle suit as soon as I could and left her there. Then switched to a Tonberry.
A) the resulting conversations alternated between "EchoNull" and "Echo" and that was disorienting and annoying.
Odd.
FFRK: Shout D6vf ~ Magicites: https://goo.gl/uUSLGC ~ Orbs: https://goo.gl/9ERBYu ~ Soul Breaks: http://goo.gl/SO1Iyc ~ Spreadsheets: https://goo.gl/SYKysf

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
1 month ago#15
Ahahahaha, I see. X)

User Info: MegaZzZeux

MegaZzZeux
1 month ago#16
Uiru posted...

I complain that debuffs are worthless now so it's so hard to justify using her.

RIP anyone who actually honed the dual break dances

Both dances are at r2. Worth it for my almost complete Penelo
Yep, I live in Idaho.
http://i4.dealtwith.it/i/n/3f8b267c8fbb3dc0c75a86878e1c82ef/Fungahh.png

User Info: Zenithian Legend

Zenithian Legend
1 month ago#17
For CM purposes, but that's about it. There's not many FF characters I really dislike, save for Yuffie. For better or worse, most of her relics elude me.

On the opposite side of the coin, I always expected to use Tyro more. Yet he's been mostly useless for me. All I have are his freebies, an SSB and that stellar OSB. Hoping fest changes that.
FFRK ID: 24F2 - Shadow BSB for dailies

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 month ago#18
Y'shtola - dont know any characters from that game, but being forced to use either her or Tyro, i'll choose her every time

Rikku - only playable character in X i didn't like, but i got her USB from a lucky draw (the first one that guaranteed a 6*, i think). that's still my only atk+mag+haste SB.

oh yeah, and Cid Raines - it's funny, for the most part i like XIII's playable cast and dislike the other characters. but this guy was just way too f***ing good with his BSB, and i got it pretty early.

honestly i'm surprised about how much i can actually use my favorites now. most of them i just could never get anything for at all for a long time, but my luck turned around in a big way. and then there was, like, Yuffie, who i could always get her stuff easily but she wasn't very useful until recently (and the trend continued of getting all her stuff easily - got all 3 of her newest, best relics for just 125 mythril).
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
1 month ago#19
Many characters for CMs. Other than that maybe Zell lately since i randomly pulled his USB in the Holy banner. That thing is too fun and OP to ignore.

User Info: ChillGamer

ChillGamer
1 month ago#20
Tidus at first.

Then OK.

That's it I think.

As for Emperor, if it's any consolation he becomes quite the 5* Lightning Magicite machine in the newest II banner.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Ever been forced to use a character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived