Do you believe the Beyond realm was a mistake?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Do you believe the Beyond realm was a mistake?

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
3 months ago#1
Was "Beyond" a mistake? - Results (138 votes)
Nope, There should be more spin-off titles to join it
77.54% (107 votes)
Yes, each game should get its own realm
22.46% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The most underutilized realm in the game after KH (which should have been part of Beyond to begin with but, you know... ©Disney), which makes pulling on its banners questionable since we don't know whether they'll be necessary for future content or not.
The next WoFF event, assuming we'll get it in Global, has some nice relics but they're not really necessary for anything.

The annoying thing is that it has so much potential... Bravely Default (though this one might actually deserve its own realm), Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Mystic Quest, SoM and many other titles could be added and they would certainly be profitable as well.

I'd certainly like more events for spin-off titles than yet another Tidus/Rinoa/Bartz event to introduce a shiny new relic that could be put in a fest banner instead.

User Info: SevenSeas

SevenSeas
3 months ago#2
I think KH should be grouped into beyond..
FFRK (started: 24 Feb 2016)
rTdM - Yuffie USB2 550 atk 2 water boosts

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
3 months ago#3
SevenSeas posted...
I think KH should be grouped into beyond..

This....

Also, beyond has more in JP than here. They recieved more outside collabs that we haven't and will never see. It's a much bigger container in the JP version. But it's also a hold back because characters there will basically have no future and won't get advanced current meta style relics.
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
3 months ago#4
Its more for collectors.

But the next WoFF Meli-Melo Event has Enna Kros, a really good Earth Mage among the ranks of Maria & Rinoa. I'm planning to pull there for her, it has Tama too who I find amusing, has the only Holy Radiant Shield.

Relics aside, I think its just to bunch up Collabs together, KH was a special event for Global especially.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 months ago#5
Rman0099 posted...
Also, beyond has more in JP than here. They recieved more outside collabs that we haven't and will never see.

Not quite. They did get more collabs, but none of them (other than the second WoFF collab, which we're simply far too early for) were Beyond-synergy. Nor did any of them (again, second WoFF aside) give any characters that we haven't received by now.

©Disney aside, there's always the possibility for more Kingdom Hearts events, with characters and relics to be added. Perhaps around KH3's release?
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
3 months ago#6
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
which makes pulling on its banners questionable since we don't know whether they'll be necessary for future content or not.

Good point. Without knowing if we even have future content, there's no way to know if we need to prepare for it.

Wait...

SnowxNeverLeft posted...
The next WoFF event, assuming we'll get it in Global, has some nice relics but they're not really necessary for anything.

...now I'm confused. You're saying that we don't know if any relics will be necessary due to the realm and potential lack of future content, right? But... then you're also stating that you know about future content? How... how does this make sense?

How do you define "necessary for future content"? Torment? Because that -used- to mean get some RS and some relics for completing CMs and regular event content. Now, generally speaking, collaborations are rather easy, and this Dimensions one likely will be. But we've already been specifically cautioned about the next Beyond event by Solitaire.

SolitaireD posted...
The next Beyond event has a seriously tough A++ CM, despite being a niche realm.

My point is... I'm missing your point. There are two reasons to strengthen a realm; events/CMs, and Torments. We know for sure Beyond gets one of the two, which IS enough reason to care about the realm and relics. If your only interest is in Torments, that sounds more like a personal issue, and it might be a long wait (if it ever happens). But we officially know that some sort of relics are likely necessary for future content; I guess it's just not the content you care about preparing for?
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 months ago#7
As opposed to what? Making them each their own abandoned realms is worse. Not having them at all?
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
3 months ago#8
Bravely Default and Kingdom Hearts can easily support their own realms. Beyond is well suited to collabs/oneoffs that only have a few new characters. Mystic Quest, or Threads of Fate, for instance.

Mana could have its own realm but it would probably be best to put all the mana games together.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 months ago#9
As for what gets classified as Beyond, it's a little hard to be certain because only two games are. However, both games have a heavy Final Fantasy crossover focus while still maintaining a central cast of their own. Tactics' cameos are not a major focus, and I'm not sure there even are any noteworthy cameos in Type-0 (Gilgamesh doesn't count; he's in a ton of games), so they get their own realms. Most of the games listed in the OP don't qualify if, indeed, that's the case.

Kingdom Hearts actually could qualify, though... but it seems to be downplaying the Final Fantasy cameos a lot these days. Plus, ©Disney.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
3 months ago#10
BDSMKane posted...

...now I'm confused. You're saying that we don't know if any relics will be necessary due to the realm and potential lack of future content, right? But... then you're also stating that you know about future content? How... how does this make sense?

How do you define "necessary for future content"? Torment?

My idea of "necessary" is "if you want to fully clear this particular battle and claim all its rewards you must use these characters, so hopefully you have access to their relics because the fight is too hard/impossible otherwise".

Weekly event CMs no longer qualify because they can all be cheesed with Cloud USB RW (and if for some reason that doesn't work, there will surely be another OP RW that can be used anyway).
Neo Torment definitely qualifies for most realms.
5* Magicite doesn't because even though (for example) Enna Kros is an excellent character to use agianst KB, there are other earth mages that can contribute to their realm's Torment.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Do you believe the Beyond realm was a mistake?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived