Crystal Tower #6 - Reign of Tyrants General Information + Elite Boss Tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Crystal Tower #6 - Reign of Tyrants General Information + Elite Boss Tips

User Info: azortex

azortex
2 months ago#101
I always dread doing these because of the do not "retreat" major orb missions.

Found out today that you can save/load, choose "cancel," and retreat your team. Make any changes (one dungeon I forgot dispel when bringing a mage team on a boss that starts with reflect) AND you still get mission prizes for streak without retreating.

These are so much easier now that you aren't stuck with the first team setup!
Onion Knight (Sage USB) - 9DP5

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
2 months ago#102
@azortex posted...

Found out today that you can save/load, choose "cancel," and retreat your team. Make any changes (one dungeon I forgot dispel when bringing a mage team on a boss that starts with reflect) AND you still get mission prizes for streak without retreating.

..."No retreating" just means that you can't restart the entire tower. You're free to flee any particular battle and try again with a different setup.

(Yes, I know, the wording on the missions is absolutely terrible, and you're not the first person to be confused by it.)
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
2 months ago#103
azortex posted...

Uh, FYI, 'retreat' means resetting your teams. You can fail and retry and bosses as often as you need to.

Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
(Yes, I know, the wording on the missions is absolutely terrible, and you're not the first person to be confused by it.)

Indeed.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Biobinary

Biobinary
2 months ago#104
Didn't wait till the last week this time. Not that bad of a tower. Emp gave me trouble the first time. Brought in Cloud and 2 entrusters the second time.
Smooth McGroove "Put the Bob in the bottle"

User Info: serjrps

serjrps
2 months ago#105
Emperor was a nuisance because of the dispels and my insistence of bringing Rem as the main DPS, along with a semi-synergy team. Rest of the tower got 1shot.

For Emperor:

Rem - USB + full LD - main DPS
Selphie - BSB1 - main healer / MND buffer
Maria - BSB - secondary DPS
Gordon - LMR, no SB - debuffer
Tyro - USB2 - Hastega provider (yes, USB2!) and secondary healer

In this fight I discovered that De'Dia debuff lasts less than a CD in the microwave. Rem couldn't really keep the machine-gunning going because of that.
Had to ignore the haste counter since I couldn't really keep up with it.

Still mastered at the end, but had lots of trouble surviving through both dispels since it was hard to rebuff asap. First dispel was ok, but the second one usually threw me out completely since I also had to rebuff / recast most of the stuff AND heal at the same time because he was throwing AoE like a madman.

Tactics that rely on entrusting / SB spamming should be pretty effective here since they bypass his counter-haste. Without haste his output is much more manageable.
FFRK Friend ID - bx7h
Shadow BSB - Also have Wall and other stuff if you guys need.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Crystal Tower #6 - Reign of Tyrants General Information + Elite Boss Tips

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived