Double "selection" advice

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Double "selection" advice

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
4 months ago#1
Sorry to add to the board spam, but personalized topics seem to go a long way and you folks are very helpful!

My partner and I both need some help with our selections. She's interested in:
X: She has Tidus USB, LMR, and BSB2
XIII: Has Lightning's AOSB and LMR
and, at my suggestion...
III: Luneth AOSB, USB, and BSB
II: Firion USB
She hasn't gotten around to beating all the the 3* magicites, but seems to be in an alright place for Water (mostly Tidus stuff), and Wind (Luneth, tons of Cloud-husbando, Alph BSB, and some other BSB's, and gets for Lightning with TGCid OSB and Shanttoto USB.

I'm looking at
X: Tidus CSB, USB, BSB2, LD'd
VII: Seph USB and BSB2
VI: Celes BSB2 and LMR
XI: already have Ayame BSB
XV: Noct SSB
I have Marilith down to 18 seconds, but Tidus OSB/BSB2 spam is interesting strategically. For Dark, right now I'm spamming Seph USB which seems to do better than Riku's LMR + USB + SC, however I'm torn between diving either or both and will definitely need more Dark when the 4* comes out. Celes is mostly for waifu points (Tactics would be, too, but there's always more FFT banners) and give me a reason to dive her - but I'd probably just end up using LM1 + LMR. Just yesterday I beat Tiamat, but a dived Ayame with BSB would allow my team (Squall BSB2 + OSB LD'd, Snow CSB, OK pUSB spamming Chain Blizzaga, Edge spamming Icicle Shot, and Minwu USB) to probably sub30. And, finally, FFXV would give me three new relics and an interesting OSB and BSB.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: drg3

drg3
4 months ago#2
Tidus osb is useless as an SB, his instants do max damage with his chain, I haven’t used it in a very long time. If his USB is only water boosting weapon (for either of you) and your team(s) need a sword, by all means, take it.

You have the key item from VII already, so if you don’t need wind boosts (luneth, bartz, cid VII & nine at least can use spears), water boosts or holy boosts, I would go with Noctis. The dark Katana is nice for seph and edge/shadow if your SO needs that too.

Ayame has no long term benefits, so you’re wasting a lot of motes just for tiamat, while if you could wait for another character, they would likely serve you better.

There aren’t a lot of game breaking relics in the choices, the boosting gear should be the #1 choice depending on your needs, and if you don’t need any; I use Noctis a lot for weird fights, (because of his dive and flexibility, his ssb is probably his best relic), so I would look there for toys.

ChocoboMog123
4 months ago#3
For me: NE is legit one of my weakest elements, so Noct sounds promising; But is Seph's OSB not worth it? He gets Thundergod's Might (and way too much attack) from his Trance and could spam OSB's like Terra.

For SO: She's mostly interested in XIII because it will give Lightning "something to do" outside of her AOSB. It's just really too bad the burst doesn't come with en-Lightning. So then aim choose III for the decent Wind spear for Luneth/Bartz (both USB's, but undived).

I guess Tidus' OSB isn't really necessary. Though, 5* magicites might make me full of regrets, but that's true of every element.

User Info: drg3

drg3
4 months ago#4
abilities are better than lightnings bsb1 at this point. the bsb2 should come on something eventually. (free draws, library of guidance). Lightnings osb is pretty crappy.

I’ve never been overly impressed by dark physical, including seph (i dont have osb and havent dove him though, just ssb1, bsb1/2 & lmr). I doubt he’s really dive worthy without at least USB. Probably still a year until 5* physical holy magicite. I don’t think the 5* defence was much/any higher than the 4* with regards to Tidus. Probably comes down to who you’d rather dive if you don’t need element coverage, neither will do much without it. Personally, I love the haste + IC3 LM2s - they come in handy.

ChocoboMog123
4 months ago#5
Just wanna say, refound this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sz1oZvyclo
4* Holy/Dark is coming soon and that's a pretty good reason to go Sephiroth. Noct is kinda gimmicky and I already have his best relic (SSB), but he'd be my second choice.
Just gotta keep telling myself: best way to get more relics is to get a better job :)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Double "selection" advice

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived