Prompto, Bartz, or Terra LMR?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Prompto, Bartz, or Terra LMR?

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
4 months ago#11
Bartz' LMR really only shines when:
a) You're capping. Which isn't trivial with Bartz.
b) You're aiming for high rolls. In a 30 second fight, you might get 8 spell blades out, which would give you a 43% chance for the LMR to be literally useless. But, when it does proc, it's going to make a big impact.
I'm just not a big fan. Terra, on the other-hand, is severely limited by the damage cap so more hits does her a lot of good.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: Saotome924

Saotome924
4 months ago#12
Thanks everyone for all their input so far.

I've narrowed my choices down to Terra and Bartz.

I think I'm ultimately going to go for Terra's since her LMR isn't in any of the future banners I plan on pulling on. Bartz LMR will appear on his AOSB banner and I am very likely to do a few pulls there.

Since I have until April 19 to decide, I'm going continue to weigh my options for now.

User Info: Alligamer76

Alligamer76
4 months ago#13
I can vouch for terra lmr it's so satisfying DC cap meltdown though some battles it doesn't happen at all. I don't use Bartz personally but with a dive + lmr he'd be doing amazing. Bartz is more popular though and his lmr is everywhere.
And if we were to save the day we know it's not our victory no, we'll just sit here with our golden smiles, and scarlet heart.

User Info: Ivyprofen

Ivyprofen
4 months ago#14
Neo Zekele posted...
Bartz LMR from what I understand comes back a LOT.

I think Terra's may return as well.

Prompto may be a good choice with his USB, especially if you are going to try for his chain, or have Kain Chain.

Prompto gets chain? Maybe I'll get is lmr since he's almost finished for me.

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
4 months ago#15
Bartz LMR is only good if you want to grind out RNG for hilarious, unrepeatable screenshots. His LM1 offers consistently, which has a value all its own.

The thought of trying to use it to consistently farm something is legitimately terrifying. And I'm forced to use him on my Maliris team.

Terra, meanwhile, loves her doublecast, it has a reasonable rate, and her LM2+USB synergize just right to maximize its occurrence. Getting eight shots of nearly instant cast Meltdown to doublecast twice is a reasonable expectation; seeing Bartz half speed Quadstrike triplecast once in five or six hits is an unlikely outcome. And chances are, Terra is capping and Bartz is not.

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
4 months ago#16
I'd pick Bartz since it gives him the possibility to triple or quad cast or whatever. I'd like Terra's too but I know it'd be comparatively much less useful. Already have Prompto's but nothing else to go with it. It'd be third choice anyway.

Edit: Regarding the above point about the rarity of triplecast, that may well be the case but you have to just think of it as a higher % dualcast with the bonus chance of extra casts.

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
4 months ago#17
Have both and i get a lot of utility out of them. The raw numbers say terra, due to proc rate. But i say dont sweat that, they both go off for me plenty.

It comes down to what content you need/want to clear. Terra is a beast, she cleared golem & hydra sub 30 for me without a fire chain. I can vouch that even though she has 1 element she excels at it. But its only 1 element.

Bartz covers many elements and does it very well. Not as much bang for the buck but he is consistent. Key cog in many of my magicite teams.

I personally say terra (huge damage, bartz comes back), but if you want a greater damage type spread go bartz. You wont be disappointed either way.
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.

User Info: KilluaxGonx

KilluaxGonx
4 months ago#18
Have all three, and I have to ask, when did Prompto get so good? I have his USB, BSB, SSB, and LMR and he barely gets any use. You'll get more use out of Terra & Bartz, and of those two Terra's LMR gives me the biggest bang for my mythril.
<(^- ^<) ...The Kekistani people shall rise again! #PraiseKek... (>^-^)>

User Info: Alligamer76

Alligamer76
4 months ago#19
@KilluaxGonx posted...
Have all three, and I have to ask, when did Prompto get so good? I have his USB, BSB, SSB, and LMR and he barely gets any use. You'll get more use out of Terra & Bartz, and of those two Terra's LMR gives me the biggest bang for my mythril.

Prompto will be good in future content he gets the 2nd gen physical lightning chain and hes not bad right now he's just overshadowed because physical lightning has the likes of lightning and sora and to a lesser extent TGC.
And if we were to save the day we know it's not our victory no, we'll just sit here with our golden smiles, and scarlet heart.

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
4 months ago#20
Maybe my 1/11 Prompto LMR last year will pay off in the future.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Prompto, Bartz, or Terra LMR?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived