This is really demoralising

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. This is really demoralising

User Info: BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo
2 months ago#51
@Target_Master my last Fest was pretty good and I did ok on KH so hopefully V and Fest proper will be kind to me.

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
2 months ago#52
@Solarwind posted...
Would have definitely been okay with a new CSB. Even if you have another version of that element, 5* magicite calls for both metas.

It's the only "good"ish thing so far that i've gotten from this. But I just wish it was actually useful to me now instead of like 4-6? months from now when 5 star magicite forces either physical or magical. Though the fact that that fact also makes it incredibly niche and also months away from that niche use also really bothers me. I'd never use it outside of the ice weak 5-star magicite physical forced usage. Kinda stinks in that regard but it's the only disco i've gotten from this so it's not entirely worthless at least.
Liberated from the "Forever RW Wall because I can't get a single native version" club by DeNA employee error. TY DeNA employee, you the real MVP!

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
2 months ago#53
mazurka posted...
@Solarwind posted...
Would have definitely been okay with a new CSB. Even if you have another version of that element, 5* magicite calls for both metas.

It's the only "good"ish thing so far that i've gotten from this. But I just wish it was actually useful to me now instead of like 4-6? months from now when 5 star magicite forces either physical or magical. Though the fact that that fact also makes it incredibly niche and also months away from that niche use also really bothers me. I'd never use it outside of the ice weak 5-star magicite physical forced usage. Kinda stinks in that regard but it's the only disco i've gotten from this so it's not entirely worthless at least.

Shrug, I understand if you don't see yourself using it, but I'd be happier with that for the mythril I've spent so far than two questionably useful USBs and a LOT of SSBs and dupes. I'm not mad enough to stop doing them, and it's still been a great relic to mythril ratio, but I'd like to walk away with at least one thing that I can use outside of CM.
Don't stop me now!
FFRK RW: rFHM (OK Ninja USB) / FFDOO ID: 454285321

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
2 months ago#54
Solarwind posted...
mazurka posted...
@Solarwind posted...

Shrug, I understand if you don't see yourself using it, but I'd be happier with that for the mythril I've spent so far than two questionably useful USBs and a LOT of SSBs and dupes. I'm not mad enough to stop doing them, and it's still been a great relic to mythril ratio, but I'd like to walk away with at least one thing that I can use outside of CM.

I'm still going to be doing these, just going to start looking at how much I want from each realm and considering more carefully. It's cheap, but throwing 5 at a bunch of banners with only a single item I want is a quick way to get extremely upset.
Liberated from the "Forever RW Wall because I can't get a single native version" club by DeNA employee error. TY DeNA employee, you the real MVP!

User Info: faing

faing
2 months ago#55
My first JP parade draw was ten times better than my global's parade draw. I got at least half of it with 6* relics and the rest were BSBs and LMR relics. As for the global, so far just one 6* relics and others were just ssb and trash lmr!

User Info: kwonshin

kwonshin
2 months ago#56
Still haven't got good stuff after 8 pulls. Not even Element stat stick (sure Vivi OSB but Terra can't use it ffs). That's 40 Mythrils scammed tbh.
Friendly reminder that Real Madrid is still the official best club in the world.

User Info: WilliamDS

WilliamDS
2 months ago#57
8 pull, still no 6 star
3DS Friend Code 2938-7140-9516; FFBE: 426,543,153; FFRK

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
2 months ago#58
40 mythril scammed lmao. Unreal

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
2 months ago#59
It's funny, I'm tale of two games right now:

JP: 2 USBs, 3 OSBs, 2 LMRs, 1-2 SSB, 0 BSBs (it's a new acct so I want BSBs). So this is pretty great minus the BSB lack.
GL: All but 3 are dupes. 2 of the 3 are SSBs. 1 is a shiny new Fang's BSB1 (so outdated, but at least a new toy).

All from the same gimmick. It's just luck. Nothing more, nothing less. Most draws in this game are, actually, really mediocre/bad all things considered. Unless you're a long-term vet (in which case you're chasing a very low subset of relics all things considered), this is the best value in the game bar none.

And even for some long-term vets, realm synergy is about to make a harsh comeback with new torments.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
2 months ago#60
(Assuming it's not weighted) Some numbers:
You have about a 22% chance at any 6*.
You have about a 15% chance at any USB/CSB.
In 8 pull, you have a 13% chance at zero 6*'s, a 27% chance at no USB+. Those are low, but that's still 1 in 7 for no OSB+.If you keep pulling, 1 in 28 will receive no OSB+, 1 in 11 will receive no USB+.

Compare that to a modern banner. The current FFV banner is quite exceptional for its quality relics, but the format doesn't change too much.
4/14 6* = 28.5%, some meh-at-best OSB's and even USB's. BUT, these are weighted (I think) to be half as common.
4/14 BSB = 28.5%
6/14 LMR/SSB/Glint = 43%. Just like in the parade, there are going to be some real losers in here as well as some hidden winners.

So, if you want a random OSB+, keep pulling on the parade. You are almost certainly not going to get what you really want, but it's only a fraction of the price. Unfortunately, there's some cheating behind the scenes that greatly reduces the chances of 2/3, but it's still at about 5 times the value of an 11 pull (2 relics per 10 mythril versus 2.17 expected per 11).

These are the numbers I'm using, BTW:
CSB 16 1.67%
USB||128||13.38%
OSB 69 7.21%
BSB||273||28.53%
SSB||317||33.12%
LMR||154||16.09%
TOTAL957100.00%

tl;dr: Great value if you want a random pull. Fair chance at decent relics. BUT, not able to target those top items.
tl;dr:tl;dr: It's not a scam.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. This is really demoralising

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived