Ixion Discussion Topic

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Ixion Discussion Topic

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
4 months ago#11
Laj_1 posted...
@Solarwind do you have any physical blink options?

Edge and Penelo. It's hard to have sufficient DPS though, with no earth ninja spell to boot.
Don't stop me now!
FFRK RW: Call of the Stars (Minfilia USB) ID: rFHM

User Info: Voidtemplar

Voidtemplar
4 months ago#12
No time yet for any optimization but did this in ~45 with Vivi (LMR+LM2) as most of the dps, with Edge (LMR+LM2) chipping in. In terms of faithga, the first part of the battle Vivi had his Trance, Rikku's USB and Mana's Paean. Later after trance ran out he used his BSB2 for a buff. He used the 4* Gaia Robe and the 6* major resist. Shelke entrusted an initial bar to Edge then the rest to Relm, whose USB was great for Vivi's slow spells and to keep everyone alive after Ixion stacked a million imperils on us. Edge spammed Phantasm with the 40% Ninja RM. Between his SSB2, and Fenrir's Blink, he didn't seem to need extra meter beyond the initial bit.

Pretty safe overall due to Relm/Edge. sub30 is probably doable with better magicites, good dualcast/no def mode luck or honing Chain Stonega for my Terra or Edge getting the Earth Ninja stuff. Or I'll hopefully actually get some Earth/Knight SBs between FFV and FFT. >_>
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
4 months ago#13
I used the Edge SSB Entrust strategy as a survival tool here. Trick to this is timing so the AOE dispels eat the Physical Blink. Without mitigation it is too hard to manage HP so phys Blink timing is key.
Can’t wait for Xezat/Kelgar Event!

https://m.imgur.com/FLc3Olu
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
4 months ago#14
Can people please post detailed parties of their clears? A picture of your victory screen and leaving out obvious gaps in what you used doesn't help us peons looking for a leg up. Thanks.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
4 months ago#15
ShinUltima posted...
Can people please post detailed parties of their clears? A picture of your victory screen and leaving out obvious gaps in what you used doesn't help us peons looking for a leg up. Thanks.

What I did for my build was pretty basic. I had Ingus's BSB2, Eiko's USB, and 3 Entrust batteries. The idea was basically activate both in the beginning (right after his 1st attack), then continually Entrust Eiko for her USB after every attack that procs Last Stand, and let the Earth Radiant Shield damage rack up.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: MegaZzZeux

MegaZzZeux
4 months ago#16
Since I lucked out Ingus BSB2, and Maria is my only other earth DPS, I am going to go with the BSB2 strat with heals and such... do the Earth reflections stack on regular radiant shield by chance?
Yep, I live in Idaho.
http://i4.dealtwith.it/i/n/3f8b267c8fbb3dc0c75a86878e1c82ef/Fungahh.png

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
4 months ago#17
https://imgur.com/JfJ5fxs

https://imgur.com/8gucTgM

By no means graceful. Only got expert because it drug on too long. But my party above.

Bartz Bsb3 and cmd2 then cmd1 spam. Redoing bsb3s

Ingus Chain. Gaia cross spam. Titan blade super too since breaks helped and it chains up 6 hits

Eiko and penelo duh. Usbs

Ramza shout. WAS intented to be entruster but i kept getting nailed with his dispels so i had to keep re shouting

Shrug. Yes i blinked when i could
3DS FC:1650 3511 8079

User Info: SacredX

SacredX
4 months ago#18
https://imgur.com/a/rJgJc - 35.62s

Almost sub-30, messed up a few SB casts so they didn't have Quick Cast. Still, I'd probably need Allegro at R2 to sub-30.

Worth noting:

No Wall
No Chain
No USBs/OSBs
No Earth+ Equips

I think it'd be fairly impressive once I can sub-30 it. I used a Level 65 4* Magicite, but I think I would've got more damage from a Level 80 3* Imperil Magicite; it'd have higher stats and I think the Imperil would've caused more damage overall. Might switch to that next time or get a Level 80 4*.

Maria - Protectga > BSB whenever possible > Chain Stonega spam

Rydia - BSB > Titan spam > Meltdown spam

Edge - Stitch in Time spam > "SSB" after Ixion's 2nd turn but before 3rd > "SSB" whenever possible if Pblink/Last Stand was gone > Powerchain when out of Stitch uses because I'm too cheap to make Quick Hit.

Sarah - RW > Allegro > Mage's Hymn > Magicite immediately at 10s mark > Allegro > Mage's Hymn spam > BSB whenever possible > after 3rd or so Mage Hymn concentrate on Command 1 spamming DPS users and whoever lost Last Stand.

Shelke - Entrust Rydia > Wrath > Entrust Maria > Wrath > Entrust Edge > Wrath > Entrust Sarah > Wrath > Entrust Edge > Wrath and Entrust Edge for the rest of the battle.

Pretty confident this guy can go down in less than 30s with this basic strategy. Would've been so much better if I had Maria's LMR so I wouldn't need to waste time casting her slow BSB and Shelke wouldn't need to waste an Entrust, but it's still a decent BSB otherwise.

If anyone has any similar SBs or LM-types this might be useful.
Latest Guide: Barthandelus D300 CM - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76212797
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
4 months ago#19
@SacredX great stuff sacred!! what is the LDs like on your party?

User Info: chooky33

chooky33
4 months ago#20
@sacredx Why does Maria have protectga? Don't all the haste and white buffs get dispelled?

I think all the Edge/Eiko teams are seriously under rating the usefulness of the intermittent haste buff. I'm running a chain/radiant ingus, but I can't keep up from a damage, buff, or healing perspective. How are people without Eiko/Edge/Aphmau (IC buff is probably just as good in this fight) handling the dispels and resulting slow turns?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Ixion Discussion Topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.