How would Cecil fare if they merged his schools?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. How would Cecil fare if they merged his schools?

User Info: 26_Sandman_39

26_Sandman_39
3 months ago#1
Back when Dark Cecil came out costumes weren’t a thing. Now by himself, he’s pretty useless.

Would it be smart if they merged the Cecils to give Paladin Cecil a slight buff? Basically just give him Dark 5* and absolve all DC’s relics.

There’s no precedent for this, but I’m sure all they would have to do is remove Dark Cecil from the game and just move his sprite to Cecil’s costume records, then just add Darkness 5* like they would add to any other character.

Thoughts?
Sigs are useless.

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
3 months ago#2
Decil is basically an overglorified Core right now. Merging might put him in a situation similar to TGC in terms of ability access, but I would think he would then just be an inferior TGC.
Don't stop me now!
FFRK RW: Call of the Stars (Minfilia USB) ID: rFHM

User Info: 26_Sandman_39

26_Sandman_39
3 months ago#3
Solarwind posted...
Decil is basically an overglorified Core right now. Merging might put him in a situation similar to TGC in terms of ability access, but I would think he would then just be an inferior TGC.

It would definitely improve Pecil’s use in his own realm though. Right now he’s barely a required player when it comes to synergy. I’d argue Edge, Kain, and Rosa are on a completely different tier above him.
Sigs are useless.

User Info: BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo
3 months ago#4
They could do a cool version of his USB, keep the healing element and give EnDark with quick cast to spam Crimson Cross.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 months ago#5
Solarwind posted...

Then the latest IV event happened.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
3 months ago#6
Making DK Cecil a wardrobe record and giving all his relics to Cecil would make the most sense. You could easily refund motes/exp eggs used on him.

Of course they probably should have done that before they gave DK Cecil a hundred new relics (he has more stuff upcoming than Cecil does). Putting two complete characters together right now would result in +140 Attack, on a character who can Dark Bargain into combat/knight/darkness 5 skills (if he even still needs it at that point). Might be good for his relevance; I have his USB and can't imagine ever using it.

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
3 months ago#7
I know his bsb2 represents his Dissidia trick, but they could make a bsb that changes forms depending on cmd1 or cmd2.
Or a USB that change to Paladin / Dark Knight form on casting a Knight or Darkness ability respectively.

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
3 months ago#8
Shoulda honestly had D cecil as a costume change. Much like Kid v Adult Rydia.
3DS FC:1650 3511 8079

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
3 months ago#9
RandoGamerKid posted...

Don’t think that was a thing yet.
FFRK: Y8Bi
Guardian Mog (581 Mind)

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
3 months ago#10
Godric1696 posted...
RandoGamerKid posted...

Don’t think that was a thing yet.

Shoulda just had P cecil on launch then lol. Costume later on or something
3DS FC:1650 3511 8079
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. How would Cecil fare if they merged his schools?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived