Those moments when you just feel dumb...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Those moments when you just feel dumb...

User Info: MrchillyZ

MrchillyZ
8 months ago#11
Gainerama posted...
I tried to sub 30 Sealion for the first time today after completing my first ever sub 30 with Liquid Flame yesterday. Used essential the same type of team with Terra USB/OSB combo and was able to sub him with my best time around 27 secs. Used two entrusters. Here’s the set up I used:

Terra- blizzaja, fire chainga (usb, osb) fire dmg rm
Ramza- entrust, wrath - mako might rm
OK- entrust, wrath - (vof) DMT rm
Paplymo- protectga, meltdown
Yuna - shellga, curada (bsb2) ace striker rm

Very particular order of operations. Terra uses blizzaja on herself to activate trance mode, Ramza wraths, OK deploys VOF, Papalymo and Yuna uses protectga and shellga. After that Ramza and OK just wraths/entrusts, Paps uses RW wall and meltdowns and Terra uses USB and then spams OSB for rest of fights.

Very good party but I think you are overstacking faitaga there buddy... Terra only needs one and she is off for 99999 under trance

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
8 months ago#12
FedEx_Corp posted...
Why do you guys keep making these magecites so hard for yourself?
Just LD Vivi, get into trance, then go watch SC Top 10 while tapping your screen.
It is that easy.

How does this work? Or exaggeration?

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
8 months ago#13
@pobbes not by Vivi himself but in a team of say 3 dps with the other 2 spamming 5* abilities as well then is easily enough to sub30.

User Info: jondias

jondias
8 months ago#14
I somehow thought we only got 2 total casts of Dr Mog's wall for the entire Crystal Tower, so I didn't use it for the majority of the time. Obviously useless against Squall, but it would have been helpful for the second half of Adel and Adamantoise and against Scylla.
Tough.... Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
8 months ago#15
FedEx_Corp posted...
Why do you guys keep making these magecites so hard for yourself?
Just LD Vivi, get into trance, then go watch SC Top 10 while tapping your screen.
It is that easy.

Assuming you're hitting 60k per cast (unrealistic), Vivi will deal 360k damage with one R3 5*. That's 70 MBO and 42x2 off orbs per element. You need two other characters to handle 140k damage, which is realistic with 3* ninja skills alone, but you also need buffs (probably want 2 Faiths) and heals (possibly 2 for Bismarc). More realistically, Vivi will be doing about 40k per cast (even that's high, IMO), leaving ~260k for the rest of your party, which requires some effort.
So, yeah, hone limited at the least. R3 5* is reasonable, but you still need support or crazy gear.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: tomasmk2003

tomasmk2003
8 months ago#16
MrchillyZ posted...
Gainerama posted...
I tried to sub 30 Sealion for the first time today after completing my first ever sub 30 with Liquid Flame yesterday. Used essential the same type of team with Terra USB/OSB combo and was able to sub him with my best time around 27 secs. Used two entrusters. Here’s the set up I used:

Very particular order of operations. Terra uses blizzaja on herself to activate trance mode, Ramza wraths, OK deploys VOF, Papalymo and Yuna uses protectga and shellga. After that Ramza and OK just wraths/entrusts, Paps uses RW wall and meltdowns and Terra uses USB and then spams OSB for rest of fights.

Very good party but I think you are overstacking faitaga there buddy... Terra only needs one and she is off for 99999 under trance

He's only using 1 oks bsb
Rw XqWR Rikku usb atk+mag+pro+shell+haste 300+ mind

User Info: MrchillyZ

MrchillyZ
8 months ago#17
@tomasmk2003 posted...
MrchillyZ posted...
Gainerama posted...

He's only using 1 oks bsb

And 1 yuna bsb2...that makes two on my watch
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Those moments when you just feel dumb...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived