Recommendations for honing... based on USBs and realistic use

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Recommendations for honing... based on USBs and realistic use

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
8 months ago#11
Rman0099 posted...
Kenlimkenlim posted...
For fire, Terra with just USB isn’t optimal. Plus I feel her LM2 is overkill if you have her USB.

Ummmm....there is literally only one type of kill and that is OVERKILL. Anything less is substandard. Plus 4 star magicite WILL be a thing and then 5 star. Best get overkillin ASAP.

Stacking quick casts has diminishing returns on your DPS. Cutting a 2.5 second cast OSB in half saves 1.25 seconds, cutting that in half saves 0.625 seconds, and so on.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim
8 months ago#12
Rman0099 posted...
Kenlimkenlim posted...
For fire, Terra with just USB isn’t optimal. Plus I feel her LM2 is overkill if you have her USB.

Ummmm....there is literally only one type of kill and that is OVERKILL. Anything less is substandard. Plus 4 star magicite WILL be a thing and then 5 star. Best get overkillin ASAP.

Ha ha, true. But the issue is the limited motes we get... If Terra is already burning everything down with her USB, those motes are probably better spent elsewhere.

User Info: Cassocian

Cassocian
8 months ago#13
EchoNull posted...
IMHO r3 or r4 Thundering Twinstrike, since both Bartz and Lightning can make good use of it.

The only problem there is that Bartz USB chase won't proc off thunder.
"This is great... I have a Chicken-wuss and a guy who just reached puberty in my squad..."
―Seifer

User Info: LunaTigris

LunaTigris
8 months ago#14
Cassocian posted...
EchoNull posted...
IMHO r3 or r4 Thundering Twinstrike, since both Bartz and Lightning can make good use of it.

The only problem there is that Bartz USB chase won't proc off thunder.

Honestly the chase damage isn't that much to begin with, but the thing is there's no reason to use Bartz for Thundering Quadstrike when you have Lightning USB.
I couldn't think of anything =,(

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
8 months ago#15
To address your main question about honing, are you stuck on any content? I skimmed through your post and I imagine you’re not having much difficulty. Anyway, let us know what you are having trouble with if at all. If you are getting through all content, why bother honing? It would be a waste for you.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Shadow Shuriken Storm

User Info: lcedfire

lcedfire
8 months ago#16
Cid Raines only needs r1 memento mori by the way. He doesnt need the 5*, just his burst.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
8 months ago#17
Sounds like with those relics for Lightning and the lightning Chain, you might want to focus on R3 Blazing/Engulfing Quadstrike first. If you're tempted to hone one to R4, consider just making a second copy; it'll be more efficient for the orbs.

After that, Thundering Quadstrike R3 is going to be better than Lightning's BSSB2 commands and Chain Thundaga is probably a better choice than any of the Witch abilities; buff the one you want to buff.

Raines will be solid with just diving, no hones necessary. His BSSB is just that good.
Posted using GameFlux

Cassocian
8 months ago#18
Garetjax333 posted...
To address your main question about honing, are you stuck on any content? I skimmed through your post and I imagine you’re not having much difficulty. Anyway, let us know what you are having trouble with if at all. If you are getting through all content, why bother honing? It would be a waste for you.

I'm not stuck currently but I keep clearing almost everything with the same party. Cloud USB+OD, Zach CSB+bsb, Faris USB2+FB+TR, Tyro SG+entrust or requirement ability, Ysholta bsb+Curada. If something requires more healing I rotate a character for Yuna USB. If magicite I rotate Faris for Shelk for battery quickness.

I just want to expand my experience and get away from my current dependancy on Cloud. It's made me lazy just overpowering elemental weakness with NE or making a wind weakness. Does everyone just create a weakness anymore?
"This is great... I have a Chicken-wuss and a guy who just reached puberty in my squad..."
―Seifer

User Info: Thevideokid

Thevideokid
8 months ago#19
Cassocian posted...
Garetjax333 posted...

I'm not stuck currently but I keep clearing almost everything with the same party. Cloud USB+OD, Zach CSB+bsb, Faris USB2+FB+TR, Tyro SG+entrust or requirement ability, Ysholta bsb+Curada. If something requires more healing I rotate a character for Yuna USB. If magicite I rotate Faris for Shelk for battery quickness.

I just want to expand my experience and get away from my current dependancy on Cloud. It's made me lazy just overpowering elemental weakness with NE or making a wind weakness. Does everyone just create a weakness anymore?

Eh, some people do. If you're at a point that you can just brute force everything, why not experiment? When I feel things starting to go stale, I usually go through my characters and find one I like but haven't really put to much use and build something around them. If you want to play with Lightning, do it! You could run her, Shantotto, a faith/boostga combo, a healer, and some sort of filler on the 5th slot. Alternately, just use Raines and slot him in just about any team anywhere. He can triple faith himself to soft cap, so he's great in virtually any lineup, and his cmd1 turns him into a holy/dark machine gun. Alternate-alternately, Terra! You mentioned chain firaga, but she truly shines with meltdown. Do you have that? If so, it's a great use of crystals: it has a huge multiplier, 4 hit count, and covers 3 elements (including the incredibly-rare-for-BLK wind element!), so it's a great asset for any of your 5* black users. Load her up with fire boosts, dive her if you so desire, and USB->MD spam.

If you're not having trouble clearing but ARE getting bored, a handful of orbs is among the least harmful things you can waste in this game, and none of the abilities those characters you listed use are going to be power creeped in the foreseeable future, so there's no harm in having them honed up. For bonus points: orbs are only getting more common, so any you use now will only get easier to replace in the future.
XBL gt: TheCrisco
3DS FC 3926-4763-4865, IGN: Crisco

Cassocian
8 months ago#20
The_Lourde posted...
Sounds like with those relics for Lightning and the lightning Chain, you might want to focus on R3 Blazing/Engulfing Quadstrike first. If you're tempted to hone one to R4, consider just making a second copy; it'll be more efficient for the orbs.

I was thinking close to the same. Honed r2 blazing and engulfing strike. Trying to rotate Bartz into my group.
―Seifer
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Recommendations for honing... based on USBs and realistic use

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived