Call me silly but the question needs to be asked about TGC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Call me silly but the question needs to be asked about TGC

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
5 months ago#11
He’s not really Lightning related in the original game. Granted RK changes people plenty like Kuja, but Orlandeau having a Holy/Dark focus makes sense.

Also I read that as TCG and was wondering what about the card game related to RK.
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board. Official Rosalina + Luma of the Smash 4 boards.

User Info: FedEx_Corp

FedEx_Corp
5 months ago#12
IIRC, TGC got the name because he was basically a one man army during the 50yrs war even though he was a knight commander with legion of men under him.
He was perma-haste due to his legendary Excalibur weapon and his sword saint class came from 3 schools: Holy/Dark/Divine. So endless AOE dmg, endless debuff and fear, and endless MP/HP recovery.

And when he was on the battlefield, like the flash of lightning and sound of thunder, the battle will be over as he entered the conflict.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
5 months ago#13
FedEx_Corp posted...
IIRC, TGC got the name because he was basically a one man army during the 50yrs war even though he was a knight commander with legion of men under him.
He was perma-haste due to his legendary Excalibur weapon and his sword saint class came from 3 schools: Holy/Dark/Divine. So endless AOE dmg, endless debuff and fear, and endless MP/HP recovery.

And when he was on the battlefield, like the flash of lightning and sound of thunder, the battle will be over as he entered the conflict.

It is not for quiet complacency that they call him 'Thunder God'.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: kokushishin

kokushishin
5 months ago#14
Actually the skills are supposed to be elemental, but it gets overwritten by the weapon. And Hallowed Bolt/Lightning Stab in particular is Holy and Lightning.
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
5 months ago#15
MrchillyZ posted...
shadestreet posted...
MrchillyZ posted...
ExirE111 posted...
You should play the original game.

shadestreet posted...
ExirE111 posted...
You should play the original game.

Yeah I know I know FFT is off the charts.... busy with RL stuff :-(

Next time you pull a "last stand" and it doesn't work out for you and you quit FFrK, get FFT on your phone. It's worth half of a 11x draw.

LOL hahaha best comment of the day....Gotcha it's written down on my things to do before I die list

Or, better yet, don't. The mobile version sucks, get literally any other version. I prefer the original for its translation and some content differences, but the PSP version is worth checking out: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics/Version_differences
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

kokushishin
5 months ago#16
iOS version does not have the same slowdown issues as PSP, the items that were locked to multiplayer become purchasable, and has higher resolution. It's more expensive, but not by a huge margin.

The Android version was delayed for years and apparently quite buggy at launch, but supposedly it has improved.

User Info: corrente

corrente
5 months ago#17
kokushishin posted...
iOS version does not have the same slowdown issues as PSP, the items that were locked to multiplayer become purchasable, and has higher resolution. It's more expensive, but not by a huge margin.

The Android version was delayed for years and apparently quite buggy at launch, but supposedly it has improved.

Can’t steal from Elmdore though. That’s a deal breaker for me.
FFRK: Ultimate Cross Slash
542ATK w/40% DarkBoost - jznH

User Info: gogues

gogues
5 months ago#18
His signature move in FFT is an area lightning attack (well animation wise, it was supposed to be lightning but a bug caused it to be whatever element your sword was) that usually left a group of enemies dead or near death.

Also the sword he came with (in addition to probably being the strongest weapon you had seen up to that point) made him one of the fastest units in the game so he could literally destroy an enemy army by himself before the rest of your party got a chance to do much.

kokushishin
5 months ago#19
Eh, there's nothing particularly special about the Genji set there aside from maybe the glove, and Masamune is infinite via enemy ninjas.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
5 months ago#20
corrente posted...
kokushishin posted...

Can’t steal from Elmdore though. That’s a deal breaker for me.

I believe that was the original intention, for him to have Safeguard. Believe even the original JP PS1 version had safeguard on him. It does suck though, stealing from him, despite the gear being virtually useless was the last good challenge the game offered outside of the DD.

However, all the other massive improvements more than make up for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Call me silly but the question needs to be asked about TGC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived