• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFVI Kagenui & Riot Blade Banners Relic Draw Topic

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 year ago#11
Poor Gau. Why the hell did they give BSB commands you can't control? I mean, Rages I know, but you can't control Umaro AT ALL and they still gave you full control of his BSB. He only rages with his SSB.

Speaking of rages, they're not balanced well at all. The high end effects aren't high end enough to make up for the high chance of doing the terrible effect. If they insist on rages it should be like 10% chance to do the dud, maximum, not 40%!

I wanted to pull on banner 1. I do like Setzer, Shadow would be good for dark, and Umaro would be a physical ice BSB, but with the 30th and everything else I will stick to 100 gems probably.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 year ago#12
I just think of Banner 2 as a gift to people who are tempted to pull on every banner. Thanks for the excellent summary!

Random note on the Shadow/Edge USB mechanics for those who may not have read every detail: The chase happens after any ninja ability, so Shadow with USB up can still get a dark/non-elemental chase after using Raging Waters, for instance.

User Info: TheChap656

TheChap656
1 year ago#13
Excellent banner 2 analysis. Would read again.
FFRK VvAE: Cloud USB 578 Attack /w 1x dark boost. 766 Attack /w 2x dark boost in VII.

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
1 year ago#14
Wow that is not a good banner

Got Relm's USB already at least 8)

User Info: MrFirestar

MrFirestar
1 year ago#15
So Banner 1 has the Setzer/Shadow stuff and I'll be drawing on it if the fest banners don't change much.

HOWEVER

I'm actually looking forward to Banner 2. I'd prefer to have Relm's USB and even Mog's SSB over some of the stuff on Banner 1. Gau's BSB has its uses, and I've always liked VI Gogo as a character so grabbing his stuff would be great as well.

Cyan, though, I'm not too keen on. I have one of his SSBs, though, so if I do get his USB/BSB/LMR it would make him a bit more useful to me.
This is a signature
FC: 0173-1597-8318

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 year ago#16
MrFirestar posted...
I'd prefer to have Relm's USB and even Mog's SSB over some of the stuff on Banner 1.

2 relics in a poor sea.

MrFirestar posted...
Gau's BSB has its uses

Name them.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: SaintTweeter

SaintTweeter
1 year ago#17
One 11 on banner 1!!! I actually have the Striker...erh..."Ichigeki" and fixed dice already, but the BSBs, USBs are worth the gamble. Not just Shadow and Setzer's, Umaro's would give me some much needed physical ice! Green Cherry sounds crap but yeah, resist armor, okay. If I did get Shadow USB I'd have to make some hard choices with orbs though....
Even though I got a Cyan super when I started playing well over a year ago and he was in my party for like 2 months(it was before G5, took what I could get), and I genuinely enjoy his character in FF6, I'm not really eager to ever see him rejoin my FFRK teams and Banner 2 really is hilariously bad regardless. Poor guy's just kinda trash gameplay wise in this and FF6 xD. I'd break his cap for giggles if I got USB/BSB in 100 gem though, lol.

I got Edge USB so hopefully that doesn't ruin my luck already though. Totally expecting a let down!
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa
atlus usa are still jerks for being silent about eov all this time instead of saying its coming hmph hmph hmph

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
1 year ago#18
Gau and Cyan are a perfect example of FFRK's obsession with suddenly slapping an element to every character just because, the result being both of them being horribly underpowered compared to characters who have a consistent combination of older relics and Dives focused on a specific element.

Also Gau is another victim of "Blue magic when" and it really shows.

User Info: MrFirestar

MrFirestar
1 year ago#19
Sir Will posted...
MrFirestar posted...
I'd prefer to have Relm's USB and even Mog's SSB over some of the stuff on Banner 1.

2 relics in a poor sea.

MrFirestar posted...
Gau's BSB has its uses

Name them.

The entry gives Gau an attack buff (in exchange for defense, but still), and three turns of high quickcast. You can ignore the commands and just have Gau Full Charge the enemy. And even if you ignore the attack commands, the defend commands, however random, allow Gau to act as a secondary (or third) healer.

Sure, Gau's limited moveset ultimately ruins his potential, but the BSB gives him a few more options at his disposal. He's not bad for CM teams.
This is a signature
FC: 0173-1597-8318

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
1 year ago#20
MrFirestar posted...
He's not bad for CM teams.

Compared to a relic-less FFVI? Sure.

Compared to virtually every FFVI character who has at the very least a usable SB? No, not by a long shot.

Heck even Gogo is better with his Medica SSB, and Cyan brings some utility to the table with DrawTaliate.

There is no way I'm picking Gau for the upcoming Hidon Torment over the likes of Terra, Mog, Shadow, Relm and Celes and I have no BSB/OSB/USB for any of them.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFVI Kagenui & Riot Blade Banners Relic Draw Topic
  • Topic Archived