• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Team GameFAQs
  3. Suggest a Badge Here!

User Info: xFieryFiendx

xFieryFiendx
2 years ago#91
Not sure if it's been suggested or not, but how about a badge for getting a topic stickied?
Your and you're; there, their, and they're; who's and whose; to, too, and two. Learn the difference. It's not that hard.

User Info: ToiletDuck64

ToiletDuck64
2 years ago#92
Some additional badges I'd like to see:
- posting messages on game boards for (#) different systems' games
- posting topics on game boards for (#) different systems' games
- secret badges for averaging (#) messages per topic

Also...I think there should be different sets of images for badges, so that you can choose which image set your public profile's badges use. (For instance, there could be one set where all the badges are red or something, and another set where the badges are all blue, and stuff like that. Maybe this could be connected to your board display settings or something...?)
Watch this space...
(message deleted)

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
2 years ago#94
Maybe a social media badge for the users who like or follow on FaceBook or Twitter and other social media.

Have it connect through my account settings or something.

Maybe going along with that post or share something on it as well for extra badges.

Just a thought.
1 FC 0361-6489-6518 Member of: WTG-WT Guild Admin, PI, KC & DEBG Intermediate breeder DEBG. Club Old Leaf ACNL

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
2 years ago#95
eh

the idea of social media tie-ins isn't something I like. I almost always refuse services that require it.
Board admin of: Dark Aether, Sex/Sexuality, #furry. Invites welcome.
For problems with the site, start here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/feedback/index.php?type=37

User Info: ReyVGM

ReyVGM
2 years ago#96
I think badges should be segregated into gold/bronze/whatever.

For example, some users might have 40 badges, but they are all for bull meaningless achievements. Your profile was visited 10 times, big whoop, here's a badge.

Yet other users might only have 4, but they are for important stuff, such as writing a lot of FAQs, submitting a lot of codes, etc. I think those users should have those badges denoted as Gold status or something like that.
VGMuseum.com is getting sexy updates again!

User Info: Gaming_Mastery

Gaming_Mastery
2 years ago#97
Well there's already a total badge leve
Stop by the Fire Emblem Community board!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1037-fire-emblem-together-we-ride

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 years ago#98
ReyVGM posted...
but they are all for bull meaningless achievements. Your profile was visited 10 times, big whoop, here's a badge.

I completely understand the point of what you're asking, but I feel like badges having different rarities solves that problem on its own. Sure, everybody might have a freebie badge (like posting 1 message or logging in for 1 day), but some people have the freebie badges and rare badges like writing a FAQ. You can already see on their profile that they have the FAQ writer badge and know that it's a more significant badge to earn. What this boils down to is just giving different colors to badges based on their (perceived) rarity, which I don't think is necessary.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
2 years ago#99
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
What this boils down to is just giving different colors to badges based on their (perceived) rarity, which I don't think is necessary.

I think ReyVGM is saying: rather than rarity, base the colors on difficulty (amount of work required to obtain). For example, writing, submitting, and getting a complete FAQ accepted is a lot more work than posting once a day in a counting topic on a dead board. Although I will admit the two ideas will probably tend to correlate well.

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion on it either way.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 years ago#100
RingoBell posted...
rather than rarity, base the colors on difficulty

I was using the word rarity interchangeably with difficulty; my post still reads the same way either way. I used submitting a FAQ as my example of a rare/difficult badge.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Team GameFAQs
  3. Suggest a Badge Here!
  • Topic Archived