• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Team GameFAQs
  3. Suggest a Badge Here!

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
2 years ago#41
How about a badge based on user ID? Top level for having a two-digit ID, next for three-digit, etc.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
2 years ago#42
Black_Zero_X posted...
You can make upvote/downvote button and establish badge system on that. Example: most helpful user of the day badge etc.

No. Its a good way to turn the sheep into robots looking to fish for that upvote and keep those with an unpopular opinion silenced. Being a cynical jerk I think thats entirely a bad idea. Instead I agree with the poster who first mentioned badges for moderations. Preferably a different badge for each moderation type.

Edit: But they would need to be timed based. Get x amount of trolling moderations in a month and wear the troll badge for a month. If not a lot of new users would be needlessly claiming the moral high ground over any vet they encounter.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

User Info: VullabySaysHi

VullabySaysHi
2 years ago#43
Perhaps make franchise badges.

"Have at least 1 Pokemon game in My Games"
"Have at least 5 Legend of Zelda games in My Games"
"Have at least 10 Call of Duty games in My Games"

Or...

"Have at least 50 Nintendo 3DS games in My Games"
Baby, this is what you came for, lightning strikes every time she moves
And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you
(message deleted)

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
2 years ago#45
Perhaps another badge to go with the moderation idea - where the badge is earned for being moderated - more a badge of dishonour than anything else...

For design it should be something as unappealing to as many people as possible.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014 - We miss you.
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming

User Info: ToiletDuck64

ToiletDuck64
2 years ago#46
I think there should be meta badges, for the number of badges you have been awarded immediately upon their implementation (i.e. badges that you already met the requirements for when they were put into the system, so you got them immediately). They should probably be "secret" badges as well, because they would basically be lost forever to anyone who doesn't have them.

Gunbladelad posted...
Perhaps another badge to go with the moderation idea - where the badge is earned for being moderated - more a badge of dishonour than anything else...

For design it should be something as unappealing to as many people as possible.

There is no such thing as an "unappealing" badge. People will claim it as a badge of honor even if it's officially the opposite.

However...I think it would probably be a good idea to have badges for when you "successfully" mark other users' messages as ToS violations (by "successfully" I mean that the marked post in question got deleted).
Watch this space...

User Info: PerseusRad

PerseusRad
2 years ago#47
That would just cause more people to mark borderline posts to get a chance to get the medal, which the whole (message deleted) thing was trying to prevent.
http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg
For General eSports discussion of all kinds - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1009-esports

User Info: VullabySaysHi

VullabySaysHi
2 years ago#48
I like the suggestion for No Moderation Badge. The longer you don't get moderated the rank goes up.

VullabySaysHi posted...
Perhaps make franchise badges.

"Have at least 1 Pokemon game in My Games"
"Have at least 5 Legend of Zelda games in My Games"
"Have at least 10 Call of Duty games in My Games"

Or...

"Have at least 50 Nintendo 3DS games in My Games"

Is this a good idea?
Baby, this is what you came for, lightning strikes every time she moves
And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
2 years ago#49
I can't imagine any moderation based badges getting created, TBH.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Team GameFAQs
  3. Suggest a Badge Here!
  • Topic Archived