• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nihon Falcom General
  3. Legend of Heroes seems too complex

User Info: Capnvideogame

Capnvideogame
2 weeks ago#1
Trails in the sky series atleast seems to have dialogue that seems a lot complex. Maybe its just me but a lot of it isn't like how most Jrpgs would be like...idk.
People say Nintendo is behind times and yet, no one besides them seems to get why DRM sucks.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
2 weeks ago#2
The verbosity and depth of world building is the serial draw, yes.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?

Capnvideogame
2 weeks ago#3
zinformant posted...

And is that actually a good thing?
People say Nintendo is behind times and yet, no one besides them seems to get why DRM sucks.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
2 weeks ago#4
It's honestly not that complex.
Switch FC: 2084-0561-4244, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also FGO but we don't talk about that.

zinformant
2 weeks ago#5
Capnvideogame posted...
zinformant posted...

This is certainly up for debate, but, as someone new to the series (starts at Sky and tells one ongoing narrative in all following games), you haven't reached the bloat yet, honestly.

User Info: apolloooo

apolloooo
2 weeks ago#6
Capnvideogame posted...
zinformant posted...

Imo yes. The complexity actually are well written consistent, filled with nuances and it is something videogame or even any other media (aside from books) have it.

The equivalent i guess would be Sanderson's cosmere novels. You can argue marvel mcu too.
http://i.imgtc.com/iJyp6bF.png http://i.imgtc.com/ZBw36Qh.png
Thanks for the peeps that made the pics <3 if i make typos it means i am on phone

Capnvideogame
2 weeks ago#7
apolloooo posted...
Capnvideogame posted...
zinformant posted...

Imo yes. The complexity actually are well written consistent, filled with nuances and it is something videogame or even any other media (aside from books) have it.

The equivalent i guess would be Sanderson's cosmere novels. You can argue marvel mcu too.

I don't know if its well written. Basically I can't understand the intentions that some of the characters have especially Kloe.

I don't think a simple thing like the Orbal device should be given a long lecture if the gamer would understand a word of it.

If you can't understand what goes on in the characters, praising it for being complex is pointless. Like what was the incentive of characters like Joshua?

zinformant
2 weeks ago#8
Capnvideogame posted...
I don't think a simple thing like the Orbal device should be given a long lecture if the gamer would understand a word of it.

This is kind of significant.
Capnvideogame posted...
I don't know if its well written. Basically I can't understand the intentions that some of the characters have especially Kloe.

If you can't understand what goes on in the characters, praising it for being complex is pointless. Like what was the incentive of characters like Joshua?

You're being obtuse; the characters reveal more about themselves over time. Right now, you know very little about both of them.

Capnvideogame
2 weeks ago#9
zinformant posted...
Capnvideogame posted...

This is kind of significant.
Capnvideogame posted...

You're being obtuse; the characters reveal more about themselves over time. Right now, you know very little about both of them.

I have played both the sky games and am on the final one. So if I still don't get what their intentions are at that point, then yeah I don't get them.

zinformant
1 week ago#10
In that case, that's all been explained already. They're both central plot points, really.
  1. Boards
  2. Nihon Falcom General
  3. Legend of Heroes seems too complex
  • Post New Message