You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Good day, Mobius board. A minute of your time, please?

User Info: Bennett2428

Bennett2428
1 month ago#1
Tl;dr at the bottom

Hello, all. I have a little bit of a history with this app, so I'm familiar with the basics of it. However, it's been so long since I've played it, I'm restarting my account from scratch. I'm also unaware of any new things that were added. All I remember is that back when I first played this (first time was the day it came out and I played it for weeks, then got rid of it, started back up during a FF7 event, and ended up getting rid of it again) the app seemed to get somewhat overwhelming.

If you asked me to pinpoint what did that to me, I honestly cannot give a completely straight answer. I remember loving the class system and then feeing the pressure to grind every single class up. The combat was fun as well and of course the graphics are wonderful.

This next part will sound contradictory, but just go with me on this. I'd like to complete the events, but I don't plan on being hardcore into the app. I feel dumb just saying that, but maybe this can help clarify. One of the apps I play is the Assassin's Creed app. Whenever major events come out, I'm totally fine not being top of the leaderboards or anything like that. If it introduces a new Assassin to unlock through the event, my milestone of happiness is getting the Assassin, even if that's just the 33% of the way reward. It helps save a lot of stress as well by not feeling like I need to neglect work and school in order to progress further.

Tl;dr at what point is it ok to dip into the events, how do you all manage this app to not get overwhelmed, and when special events occur, how much time do you feel you end up dedicating per day in order to satisfy your completion of the event?
Feel free to PM me. I'm always up for gaming discussion

User Info: TheUnroe

TheUnroe
1 month ago#2
Lol wow and welcome back.

Well...as a wise red mage once said, "it's YOUR game. YOU play it how YOU want to play it."

That being said, when you start any app like mobius, you're bombarded by so much. Clearing out the initial goodies, seeing what all the menus has to offer, and so forth. This is also one of the only games where if you truly screw yourself up in starting then you can restart and start fresh with more knowledge of the game to get you on your true path.

Me personally, I dont remember what got me playing mobius in the beginning. I just remember that I was bored with BE and Ffrk. I tried them both and they really just lost my interest. After starting mobius and feeling out the game,a few tries later and from some help from these gamefaqs guys, I was able find my path lol.

Through final fantasy, my favorite job has always been the dragoon since watching kain's struggle to find himself in ff2. I've loved the games ever since. So when i found out i could be a dragoon here, and thankfully got easier over time lol, I got him and did my best to learn everything I could to make him the best I could but that's just me.

I can say I'm somewhat like you when it comes to events. Sometimes you just wanna earn certain prizes even it is not the top. Like a new event where you can farm for your own supreme, I'm just going in for a few summon tickets for the time being. It's all how you wanna play.

I honestly dont think anyone can truly keep up with all the jobs and classes in mobius. Theres just too many. Lol I have 82 at the moment. Some players focus on rangers, others on monks, but some also find a good job on each class to keep themselves well rounded. Again just depends on how you wanna play. I dont know what all you're into, but you mentioned assassins creed. Well, ranger class has assassin and some ninjas. Even down the road if/when you hit season 2 of the story the warrior of light gets a skin (look) that I think resembles the assassin creed attire, minus the hood.

About the events, there are permanent and limited. Permanent theres no limit so you can do at your leisure. Limited, like the ff7 event you mentioned, will last a short time, but generally a month or 2 so you do have a descent time to still complete them, so focusing on them would take a little more priority. There is an information tab at the bottom (blue i) that will give you info on events, and card/job batches being released, and a calendar so you can see when and what's getting released as well. A tip though, if you dont mind waiting...MOST limited events do find a way of returning at some point to give you another shot at it. The ff7 event has been back 2-3 times already in fact.

Mobius is really the one game I play anymore, so I tend to probably play a lot more than some; lol even sneaking it in at work. I usually begin my month looking over the calendar seeing when/what's coming out and planning from there. Like theres a monster/sicarius coming to multiplayer which I can get weapons that I've been waiting for, so I'll be there a lot lol. Theres also a limited ex job batch coming out so I'll be focusing my summon tickets and magicite on it while its available.

All in all, in the beginning its always gonna be overwhelming. Just take your time finding your way and have fun in the process lol. I hope this helped a little and not just confusing rambles lol.

Bennett2428
1 month ago#3
TheUnroe posted...
All in all, in the beginning its always gonna be overwhelming. Just take your time finding your way and have fun in the process lol. I hope this helped a little and not just confusing rambles lol.

First off, thank you for actually sifting through everything I had to say haha I did the same for you as well. Your post was full of great information and I'm excited to get this started up again.

Like you, I've also had a history with the other Final Fantasy apps. Record Keeper I loved until I started hearing about the hardest event bosses taking a minimum of 20 minutes to beat because DeNa started buffing the bosses in the cheapest ways.

Brave Exvius was a nice concept, but it seems to have a focus on the roster consisting of like 70% custom characters and 30% Final Fantasy characters (yes, totally pulling those numbers out of my ass, so I could easily be wrong.) Also, apparently events are getting into the realm of Record Keeper in which the bosses are getting dumb. That TMR grind really is a pain too.

Opera Omnia was my absolute favorite app of all time when it first came out. It was absolutely perfect for me, until Square started tailoring the events so that you:
1. Had to play with others for the final fight
2. Essentially had to play as the event character.
I quit during the Seymour event because I couldn't draw Tidus' best weapon and as such, nobody would allow me on their team/refused to be on my team. The fact that I couldn't use anyone else because Speed Break was mandatory in order to win started to agitate me because it backed me into a corner of needing the event chatacter maxed out with their best gear or else nobody would team up with me. Once an app dictates how I have to play it, I'm gone. It was a real shame, too. I adored that app. Oh, but also once the relics started getting introduced (more gacha crap), then costumes that needed to be paid for, I could see the greed seeping in.

So yeah lol the first time I got rid of Mobius was mainly because at the same time I had Record Keeper AND Brave Exvius at the same time and started to notice that I'd spend like 3 hours not even moving because I kept switching between the three apps. So I figured I'd just get rid of them all and get some free time back.

ON TOPIC!!! You mentioned 82 jobs...as well as me being able to play how I see fit. Will the events still give me that kind of freedom? Or will enemy typing restrict me? I could see restrictions being put in place (as a recommendation, like "oh I'd have an easier time using a class that specializes in magic damage") but hopefully not to a point to where you have to use one single class out of all of the choices in order to stand a chance.

So glad to know events repeat themselves as well! Seriously, again your response was so great TheUnroe!

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
1 month ago#4
Certain events do require you to use certain jobs/classes. For example, in Graff chapter of Act 2 released earlier this month you have to use Graff job OR any other job in combination with a skin. I cheated a bit and did not use Graff at all, using my mule with Y'shtola skin and Cloud with Warrior of Dawn skin. In the next tower event you will have to use only Meia jobs OR any other jobs in combination with a skin.
(edited 1 month ago)

Bennett2428
1 month ago#5
Ah but if you spent enough time crafting your character from playing the app for so long you can circumvent the stricter restriction, right? Basically you were still able to do what you wanted because you've invested so much time already into the app.

Al_Sleeper
1 month ago#6
Yeah, having 6656 h of play under my belt :).

Bennett2428
1 month ago#7
Wow I envy you so much. I'm such a commitmentphobe when it comes to this stuff. I've got a friend that plays WoW every single day and he's been a day 1 player as well. He never tires of it either. I've gone through so many apps it's crazy lol and these are my best bet because I'm not always able to spend hours sitting on the computer or with a console.

I'm hoping this app will be the one with my new attempt at it.

Al_Sleeper
1 month ago#8
The best way to get starting resources is to clear recap version of Act 1. Afterwards buy and augment healer set (Gaia + KotR + Hell's Gate + Undying), get some jobs from the second batch of starter packs and buy and augment a couple of good attack cards for them. You can skip the last part if you get lucky with your regular pulls. For example, current banner includes a couple of VERY good cards (Water one for mages and Wind one for warriors). If you manage to get the former (Charybdis), get Mage job from Novices' Hall, and you are set.

Bennett2428
1 month ago#9
I'll certainly try my best with this stuff. Thank you for your time and information, Al!

Al_Sleeper
1 month ago#10
Be warned: EX job revival banner is a trap for newbies. It is useful only for those who almost completely exhausted their pool of non-Legend jobs. Spend your summon tickets and magicite on starter packs instead. IIRC, the second batch of starter packs includes several cards from the healer set I mentioned above, therefore you can save resources on its augmentation. In addition, get free cards and jobs from Novices' Hall and from Chapter 1 of Act 2. By clearing recap of Act 1 you will also get a full set of maxed lieutenant cards, which are quite useful in multiplayer.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Good day, Mobius board. A minute of your time, please?