You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Need help surviving harder content

User Info: Yluna

Yluna
2 months ago#1
Hi, i play this game for some time but just now im being able to tackle the hard stuff like chaos vortex, phanthasmic coils, even got somewhat far in the new rift area. cause finally i have supremes. but things are getting pretty brutal, so i need some advice:

main:

Legendary guardian, WoL, 2x LoH, boar/whatever

Sub:

Santa Lucia (solelly for debuff in mobius zone, where it works)

i also have tifa, vincent, nachtflug, ninja, hunter, WM, RM, Knight, all the old and new starter pack jobs, and training area jobs.

the question is, is there any other jobs besides ex jobs that fare better for the harder content, do i miss on a offensive supreme? i was thinking a guard breaker card just to help breaking with red gauge + en-element, yellow gauge damage is kinda lame aside from ultimates, but even then is being hard to break, maybe a good debuff card would do the trick, or even a HoF'd job (im lazy and only HoF'd Knight)

resuming, help me optimize a deck for the "end-game" content plz

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#2
For Act 2 you will need tanky jobs, like Sword Saint, Eorzean Paladin, Tactician, Heretical Knight, Monk, Devout, Jet Stunner, etc. In addition, don't forget about debuff cards. They help A LOT.

HoF is a must now.

Do you have proper (and properly upgraded) weapons? For example, weapons from Ultimate series are VERY useful for HoF.

As you correctly noted, nuking works only up to a certain point. Afterwards breaking becomes a necessity. There are many jobs now with Piercing/Flash/Quick Break.
(edited 2 months ago)

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#3
As for specific cards, consider giving your Legendary Guardian Nidhogg and/or Auron (or maybe even Yunalesca, especially if you also have Dona & Barthello).
Boar is overhyped, it is not particularly useful in single player decks except for decks for farming mules.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Yluna

Yluna
2 months ago#4
sorry for the delayed response, i tried sword saint but i have no good light and dark cards, all the jobs i have seems squishy compared to legendary guardian, and i really wanted stunner but wasnt able to get it.

hof is something i def will tackle and all but it requires intensive googling to find out which abilities fit with my deck, do any of the jobs i mentioned i have gets really good at breaking or defending with hof?

also are the ultimeh cards any good?

about weapons, im using basically the metal masher for monk, and ragnarok, neither are fully upgraded yet, i still have to upgrade, my max stamina doesnt let me do the harder node on bahamut lagoon

oh yeah, i bought and upgraded nidhogg to max, it became way easier to break, and my damage and score skyrocketed, even my ultimate damage increased which i dont get why but im not complaining (still stuck in chaos vortex tho, in the same node as before) the other cards you mentioned i dont have sadly

thanks for the detailed answer and help
(edited 2 months ago)

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#5
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/wiki/jobs/hall-of-fame/warrior
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/wiki/jobs/hall-of-fame/mage
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/wiki/jobs/hall-of-fame/ranger
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/wiki/jobs/hall-of-fame/monk

Ultimeh cards are relatively decent if you don't have their Supreme counterparts.

Almost all jobs become MUCH better after being twelved at HoF. You can postpone clearing the last three optional nodes because they are significantly more difficult, and the rewards from the first two optional nodes aren't particularly great.

Are you trying to get summon tickets from Chaos Vortex? It is useless for almost everything else.

Have you cleared recap of Act 1?

Sword Saint has a caveat: he is almost completely incapable to break any serious foes. He needs some powerful attack cards and Debarrier/Unguard debuffs to be effective in single player unless you need him only to soak out damage from a powerful boss.
(edited 2 months ago)

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#6
Good jobs, which don't require HoF: Vincent, Nachtflug, Crimson Archer.
Relatively good jobs, which don't require HoF: Vesna, MM, Sage.
(Relatively) good jobs, which require HoF: Mage, Warrior, Knight.
Red Mage is a good mage for single player, but you probably don't have enough +HP panels to improve his survivability. Don't use him in multiplayer: healers in it need high Def and/or resistances, not sky-high Mag value. It is possible to use him as a hybrid, but I doubt you have cards necessary for it.

Do you have special skill panels for Santa Lucia? If you do, have you installed them on her? Twelved Santa is one of the best healers for multiplayer with a minor caveat: her Ultimate is relatively weak.
(edited 2 months ago)

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#7
https://mobius.gamepedia.com/Lulu:_FFX_(Card)

For Water mages (including Mage) it is one of the best cards, a Water clone of Ragnarok Supreme. IIRC, it is available in the shop now. Couple it with some source of Unguard and Debarrier for maximum effectiveness.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TheUnroe

TheUnroe
2 months ago#8
Al_Sleeper posted...
https://mobius.gamepedia.com/Lulu:_FFX_(Card)

For Water mages (including Mage) it is one of the best cards, a Water clone of Ragnarok Supreme. IIRC, it is available in the shop now. Couple it with some source of Unguard and Debarrier for maximum effectiveness.

You had me looking because I missed it before but if it is in the shop I'm not seeing it

Al_Sleeper
2 months ago#9
Ah, sorry, I was wrong. It was a limited card, therefore it is not available in the shop unless for those who already have it.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Need help surviving harder content