You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ogda

Ogda
3 months ago#1
So today I played the New year event. Couldnt find it earlier because I didnt think to go into the world map while in the world map. (I think that they did that realy weirdly.)

Anyway so I got a supreme summon ticket for one guaranteed Supreme card. So naturaly I used it.
I was kinda split when I got the brand spanking new "Emperor of Arubboth: FFII" Card partialy because Its my second supreme (First one being Aerith.) and I realy like the Emperor as a character but I was also kinda displeased because its a Mage card. Pretty much 99% of all my good cards are Warrior & Monk cards. And I dont realy have any Mage job I like atm.

I would love to do a mage build but I dont know where to start. Naturaly I want to base it around my Emperor Supreme.
So these are the Mage Jobs I have:

WoL:
Apprentice Mage 7Stars
Mage 8Stars
White Mage 8Stars
Black Mage 8Stars
Red Mage 8Stars
Scholar 8Stars
Mythic Sage 7Stars
Devout 8Stars
Occultist 8Stars
Tactician 3Stars
Tonberry Suit 8Stars
Sage 1Star

Meia:
The Azure Witch 8Stars
Esmeralda 6Stars
Fauviste 8Stars
Flower Girl of Midgar 8Stars
Vana'diel Geomancer 2Stars

Ultimate Hero:
Y'shtola

I kinda wanna use Y'shtola but none of the compatible jobs give any significant stats.

Cardwise I have alot of cards but not alot of particulary good ones. Il just list a select few of my best.

Emperor of Arubboth: FFII (Wind)
Yog-Sothoth (Dark)
Jenova LIFE: FFVII (Light)
Diamond Weapon: FFVII (Light)
Ma'curi the Martyr (Ground) (Also one of the Terra adventurer event cards.)
Tidal Wave (Fire)

So what Im looking for here is tips on mage builds that I could potentialy do cause I wanna have a good mage build and I would love to be able to use my new Supreme aswell.
Check out my Youtube Channel I upload videos regularly: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneOwner

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
3 months ago#2
Y'shtola skin isn't for stats, its for starting buffs and Ultimate modification.

IIRC, your best Wind mages are Esmeralda and Red Mage. Don't forget to slap some +HP panels on them.
Tactician, Black Mage and Sage are usable, but not particularly powerful.
Try to get Skyseer in EX Revival summon in a couple of weeks.
Other possible good options: Vesna, Primeval Witch, and Santa.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
3 months ago#3
Emperor gets stronger with more debuffs inflicted on the enemies, without doing that the damage is going to be underwhelming and kinda situational.

I think Y'shtola on either Esmeralda or Black Mage will be your best option to use the Emperor. Y'shtola's Ultimate will provide your damage buffs, so Emperor + 2 AoE Debuff cards (Bedivere, Ashe, Bismarck: FF14, Apps & Rapps are all compatible elements) + something else useful to you, a third debuff or Aerith. 8 debuffs will maximize your damage.
FFRK: ubvE (Rikku USB)
(edited 3 months ago)

Al_Sleeper
3 months ago#4
Don't forget Yunalesca if you have it.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
3 months ago#5
Al_Sleeper posted...
Don't forget Yunalesca if you have it.

Good call.
FFRK: ubvE (Rikku USB)

Ogda
3 months ago#6
Taking Everything into account this is a Version 1 of my new build:

Job:
Y'shtola on Esmeralda

Cards:
"Aps & Rapps: FFVII" (Water, Area attack, Curse + Weaken)
"Yunalesca: FFX" (Wind, Area attack, Stun + Debrave + curse)
"Emperor"
"Aeris: FFVII"

I took a look around for other usefull cards (Its to bad you cant realy sort to show only cards that give debuffs) and I did have quite a few of them but most of them were wind element so I figured Aps & Rapps would be a better choice since its a water card and therefore I wont be depending on wind only.
Check out my Youtube Channel I upload videos regularly: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneOwner

Al_Sleeper
3 months ago#7
Is your setup for multiplayer?

Aps & Rapps + Yunalesca is a bad combination because they both give Curse. Replace Aps & Rapps with something else. It really does not matter which particular debuffs are inflicted, just their total number, therefore even cards like BDD + CRD are an option.
Since Esmeralda has access to Earth, one possible replacement for Aps & Rapps is Nue.
(edited 3 months ago)

Ogda
3 months ago#8
Its for singleplayer, nowadays I mostly use Flower girl of Midgar for multiplayer. (Since healer realy doesnt have to deal any damage or break the boss and I dont have alot of good sicarius beater cards.)

I bought a Nue card (Didnt have one but I used to I guess cause I could buy it.) and I replaced Aps & Rapps with it. (Also which cards are BDD & CRD?)

Al_Sleeper
3 months ago#9
Ogda posted...
Since healer really doesn't have to break the boss.
In my AI party I often omit a breaker completely, replacing him with a second healer with Ultimate charge deck. Ultimate spam by healers is a valid breaking strategy if the party can survive one turn without breaking.

Ogda
3 months ago#10
I have tried out my mage build on a couple of missions now and I got to say Its pretty efficient.
Granted it isnt great because I my Emperor card cant deal over 9999 damage for each hit yet but despite that Its pretty good.

However Its still not realy as great as my Warrior & Monk builds.
How can I make it better? I guess starting out by upgrading a weapon or adding some custom skills would be a good start.

My Warrior build:

Job:
Hero of Despair lvl 321
Weapon:
Masamune X

Cards:
Syldra lvl 80 (Water)
Wolfmeister: FFVII lvl 79 (Fire)
Sephiroth: Dissidia FF lvl 86 (Dark)
Aerith: FFVII lvl 76 (Life)

My Monk Build:

Job:
Agent of Scarlet Woe lvl 273
Weapon:
Taiji X

Cards:
Vice lvl 66 (Fire)
Baigan lvl 75 (Earth)
Lugae & Barnabas lvl 56 (Dark)
Aerith: FFVII lvl 76 (Life)