• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Alessar

Alessar
4 months ago#21
I pulled again and got a REALLY good draw.

Chimera Brain FFX 4* max
Percival 3*
Urstrix 3*

.... and Legend Job Auron.

Auron is SO broke I don't even. It's insane, it's even worse than it sounded in the writeup. Sure he doesn't boost any elements and the writeup said his magic was on the low side but it's like, a smidgen better than Samurai it's not like Viking or any monk job's magic.

On the plus side he has so many buffs it's nuts.Flash Break 100% (+30% more from his starting weapon); Painful Break 150%; Reckoning; Scourge 300%; Ultimate Charger; Auto Charge Ultimate; Quick Break 20%; Break damage limit; attack and hit points are in the ballpark of post HOF S1C; break is in the ballpark of Last Hunter (really it looked higher than any ranger I had other than post HoF Assassin), regens 1% health with every action; 5% steelguard defense boost, 25% resist to every element. If that wasn't enough his limit break is nastier than it read on paper. It hits in 2 distinct stages so I saw him breaking everything with it and then doing a 2nd AoE with them broken for nutso damage, plus it adds Brave, Barrier, Trance, and grants the target's elemental weakness as an en-element. Then it increases ultimate gauge further for the next several attacks so you can spam the limit.

I may finally clear that last node or two of the Chaos Vortex.

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
4 months ago#22
What are recommended setups for the last Diving node? Unfortunately, I don't have Sword Saint yet :(. I tried dual Lego Meia setup, but she turned out to be too fragile.

Al_Sleeper
4 months ago#23
Pull #1-4: https://s33.postimg.cc/65rk5m33j/20180803164512.jpg
https://s33.postimg.cc/wqu316d6n/20180803164459.jpg

It's time to dance again :).

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
4 months ago#24
Al_Sleeper posted...
What are recommended setups for the last Diving node? Unfortunately, I don't have Sword Saint yet :(. I tried dual Lego Meia setup, but she turned out to be too fragile.

I wimped out and set it to Normal. I think your problem is that you're not using two different characters.

I used Lightning skin over Nachtflug for most of the waves, with Ultimate Arrow as a weapon and First Summer as offense. I tried it with Beach Queen, but it was better NOT to have the superior water boost; you want to clear the yellow bars without dealing too much damage or you'll skunk yourself by triggering Andy's defense. After that, Cleaving Attack will let you break and then blow them away. Other cards were Hell's Gate, Sapphire Weapon (or Pixie), and... I don't remember, maybe another Wall source or Garuda. LoH rental.

My secondary was LEGO Meia loaded with fire, Ultimate Charges, and something else. Take Nachtflug (or another break-oriented character with water access but not a big water bonus) for everything until the next-to-last wave, then switch to your fire attacker before you start the final wave so you have a fresh Wall and full HP for the opening attack from Famfrit.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: TheUnroe

TheUnroe
4 months ago#25
Tried xv banner twice and got aranea, lunafreya, and 3 jobs: balamb mercenary, white mage, and dark knight.

Alessar
4 months ago#26
I pulled on the XV banner and got Prompto's card, which is actually what I was hoping for. Got some other 3* regular cards I didn't have either too. At this point we're getting so many new abilities I can't even keep track of them and what niche they're for so I just sold them, and a bunch of other level 1 3* cards I had bloating up my inventory. If I need them I'll pull a max copy out of the ability shop.

Al_Sleeper
4 months ago#27
Why bother maxing them with tickets? In most cases it can be done on Yggdrasil in a matter of minutes.

Alessar
4 months ago#28
Well, of course I'm referring to the ones from recent banners that are non-Ygg cards yet.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
4 months ago#29
Somehow I missed that they're stacking materials now. I'm so overwhelmed that I could cry...
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: CastleMega

CastleMega
4 months ago#30
Man, the lower levels of the diving marathon event are brutal, might just skip out on those prizes, seems to be just the card rank up materials
-CastleToastM on YouTube; 3DS FC: 2638-0347-0844; FFRK: o1DR Ramza's Battle Cry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk7Cx_kfrU4VdXQYNffeloQ
  • Topic Archived