Chapter 8.2 thoughts (possible spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Chapter 8.2 thoughts (possible spoilers)

User Info: TheUnroe

TheUnroe
2 months ago#1
Okay first off besides the "Vox got scared and shut down Mobius for 'maintenance'" issue this morning lol, I have to say not bad for the story hehe. But I have to say it gave me flashbacks and wondered if I was only one lol.

Like hearing Sarah's voiceover made me picture the bad acting from the original Resident Evil opening lol. Sorry Sarah

Or at a certain point when Chaos decided to pull a Frieza meme which got an "aww crap (family friendly lol)" from me.

Or was it just me lol

User Info: BlackCatSenPai

BlackCatSenPai
2 months ago#2
I got some questions:

1. Garland got sucked through "hope gate". Does that mean he's dead? Or simply out of Palamecia? If so, will he arrive at another world? Will his fate be explained in upcoming Act 2?
2. Vox seemed to merge into Chaos at the end while Sarah/WoL dealt the final blow. Assuming what I saw was correct, did WoL destroy Vox along with Chaos? (seemed so to me) Or it was only Chaos that vanished and Vox still in play for Act 2?
3. Confirmation about relationship between Meia and Garland. So far, they don't have much interaction with each other and act as if they are strangers. Are they truly? Or Are they indeed lovers from the past and simply got their memories wiped?
4. Echo's fate. Similar questions to Garland. Dialogue does hint about her returning so there's hope at least. Story's bit dull without her banters with ppl (and with WoL in general), good comic reliefs.

8/10 for the "ending", maybe 7/10 for plot in general. Still lots of unexplained stuffs so I'm keen for Act 2. Hope they won't delay it too much. "Hope".
If you pay up, you can (may) be a Warrior of Light...

User Info: Mimetic_soup

Mimetic_soup
2 months ago#3
BlackCatSenPai posted...
I got some questions:

1. Garland got sucked through "hope gate". Does that mean he's dead? Or simply out of Palamecia? If so, will he arrive at another world? Will his fate be explained in upcoming Act 2?

2. Vox seemed to merge into Chaos at the end while Sarah/WoL dealt the final blow. Assuming what I saw was correct, did WoL destroy Vox along with Chaos? (seemed so to me) Or it was only Chaos that vanished and Vox still in play for Act 2?

3. Confirmation about relationship between Meia and Garland. So far, they don't have much interaction with each other and act as if they are strangers. Are they truly? Or Are they indeed lovers from the past and simply got their memories wiped?

4. Echo's fate. Similar questions to Garland. Dialogue does hint about her returning so there's hope at least. Story's bit dull without her banters with ppl (and with WoL in general), good comic reliefs.

8/10 for the "ending", maybe 7/10 for plot in general. Still lots of unexplained stuffs so I'm keen for Act 2. Hope they won't delay it too much. "Hope".

These are my theories:

1.My Guess...he becomes the REAL Garland of FF1 (return to the beginning, lol)

2.My guess and it always has been is Vox was Chaos... simply put, this cycle was a way to achieve immortality by purging the hope that damages Chaos, so he needed a sap to kill his physical form to trigger the hope purge that would allow Vox/Chaos' further existance (return to the beginning theme again)

3. Doubtful, unless memory wiped... which would be a tragedy but hard to confirm/deny..by my take, a random blank was Meias beau who died

4. Shes Mobius' mascot character...she'll be back or there will be angry nerdage - Just look at the spirits in the grove and in your inventory... do you really think they'd ditch her when shes one of the main characters?
"Or maybe you're the chosen one. More likely the glutton for punishment though..." - Raz
PSN ID: BurstOrion

User Info: Norenia

Norenia
2 months ago#4
3) Did you completely skip the chapter 6 scenes? We SEE her lover. He didn’t look like Garland. He loved Meia as WoL, Garland loved Sarah as WoL. After that, there is nothing to connect them.
Casual PC/PS4 gaming stream: https://www.twitch.tv/norenia

User Info: BlackCatSenPai

BlackCatSenPai
2 months ago#5
Mimetic_soup posted...
1.My Guess...he becomes the REAL Garland of FF1 (return to the beginning, lol)

That does make sense in a way, they never reveal FF1 Garland's face.

Norenia posted...
3) Did you completely skip the chapter 6 scenes? We SEE her lover. He didn’t look like Garland. He loved Meia as WoL, Garland loved Sarah as WoL. After that, there is nothing to connect them.

Idk why "he didn't look like Garland" when they basically share the same face, even down to facial hair and voice actor. Only differences are hairstyles and outfits. Also correct me if I'm wrong but far as I recall, game never really shows/confirms Garland's past before turning heretic, much less him loving Sarah as WoL. "Her lover" (Meia) also died shortly after being branded a heretic.
If you pay up, you can (may) be a Warrior of Light...

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
2 months ago#6
I was under the impression that Vox was Voyce. I think Chaos is either a construct created by Vox or the actual human from Cid's flashback, transformed into a monstrous parody of himself and made a slave to the narrative similar to Sarah.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. Chapter 8.2 thoughts (possible spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived