What would you Recommend?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. What would you Recommend?

User Info: brian012

brian012
7 months ago#1
Hey all, so I've been playing MFF since about last August or September. Pretty fun game, the events are pretty cool too.

However, there are some parts of the game I haven't gotten into trying yet. So, I'd like to try upgrading some of my weapons, but the in-game help doesn't really HELP much. Right now, I'd like to upgrade whatever stat might bring the break gauge down. Not the orange colored gauge at the beginning of the battle, but when it turns red. Since it seems most often that regular physical attacks are pretty much the main way to reduce the Red break gauge. Should I focus my upgrading on Break Power? Or Attack?

Right now, I'm in the Phantasm Coil for the Last Calling event. I've been using Blazefire Saber X as my weapon of choice for both the Hero of Despair, and Ultimate Hero Cloud. Both have all skill panels unlocked and filled. TBH, I know my upgrades will not be completed in time before the Last Calling event ends. One of those things I want to learn from. I've managed to beat Sephiroth 21 times, and that seems to be about my limit right now. I use the Blazefire Saber X for it's perks. I find them useful. I've found the Sicarius monsters, (Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut) a little more difficult to get past than Sephiroth himself.

Anyway, yeah, back to the topic at hand. What is the best weapon stat to increase to bring down the red break gauge, after the orange break gauge is weakened? Bringing that 2nd phase of the gauge down to BREAKing them is definitely making getting another victory near impossible so far. (At least I got my Black Materia card ability to level 10 thanks to this event!)

Also, any advice on dealing with the Sicariuses, materia suggestions that might help would be cool too. I can post my deck and materia stats if needed. Though most of my cards are maxed out 5s for both jobs I'm using. ;)

Thanks in advance. :)
Hold the innocence of your childhood in your heart, but act not in a childish manner. ~Brian012 2001

User Info: Veedrock-

Veedrock-
7 months ago#2
Break is the stat that affects your damage to the red bar.

Dealing with the Sicarius is tricky. They're tough to break, the best way in this event is pairing their weakness materia with the punch or wideslash materia. Using the sleep materia can keep one at Bay while you deal with the other.
My friends call me Vee.
I'm not your friend, buddy.

brian012
7 months ago#3
LOL Ah thanks, I guess I wasn't entirely clear about that, thinking it meant the orange break bar. Especially against the Sicarius when regular attacked seemed to barely move the red bar at all. So I'll start boosting the break ability of my Blazerfire Saber X, since I tend to use that for warrior-types at the moment for it's perks.

*nods* I've been playing around with different materia combos as the node I'm on goes against 4 Wind-based Emerald Weapon units and two of those large red toad-things. Reminds me of King Froggores from Dragon Warrior 3(NES game). lol Then the sicarius I'm facing in round 2 is Bahamut and Shiva.

My current materia setup:

1: Fire, Strafecast, WildSlash; Drain Break Power Up, Doublecast
2: Earth, Wideslash, Attack Up; Haste, Wall, Brave
3: Light, Area, Powerful Blow; Critical Up, HP Up, Defense Up

I will probably mix them up a bit more. I had a really good materia set-up for clearing most enemies before I started the Fatal Calling ranking event, it's become more haphazard as I tried different combinations to try and get through this Node for my 22nd boss-kill. lol

Here is how my battles usually work.

Battle 1, I've been using Light Materia to lower the break gauges to red. 4 Uses, 2-3 physical attacks on each toad, then a couple of slashes with Earth Materia to break all 6 opponents, If the toads aren't close to death after 3-4 uses, I switch to physical attacks. I have fewer turns than their break counter, so I can use my ability cards after my turns run out. With enough time to use Ixion or Black Materia to defeat the toads.

Battle 2, I switched from working on Shiva first, to Bahamut. A couple uses of Fire, with triple fireballs, materia, some abilities, just until his break gauge turns red. Then I let loose with Sephiroth's Ultimate. I should have about 6 uses of fire left, about 5 uses of earth, and 6 uses of Light. While Bahamut is "broken", I hit him with my remaining Light materia uses, which also damages Shiva's break gauge. After Light is done. I use Earth, sparingly, so I can stretch out access to it's boons, and then I use my turns with Ixion's ice. This may heal Shiva, but it doesn't matter at this point. Once Bahamut is either severely injured (with his break being over), or dead, I turn to Shiva. Her red break gauge should be pretty low, so a few attacks, earth materia or regular, should break her. Then, I start with Leadthrower, to enhance her weakness to Fire. Then several hits with the remaining uses of Fire Materia usually finishes her with some uses remaining. If Bahamut is still alive, he won't be for long. In part because Sephiroth's ultimate adds Poison to him, and he loses about 100,000hp per round. It also adds stun which is why I could work on Shiva relatively freely.

Battle 3, Sephiroth.

I can get within a SLIVER of beating him. I start off with ability attacks, using what's left of my Fire and Earth Materia uses as needed for the buffs I added into them. I've tried switching between jobs Sephiroth and Cloud Strife, but either way, I still get close, but not to finish him. Even though it kills me, is pretty awesome, seeing enemy Sephiroth, use his ultimate ability. I reason, that if I can time things correctly, get my ultimate gauge REFILLED between using it on Bahamut and then battling Sephiroth, I SHOULD be able to win. I succeeded in getting it refilled once, with Cloud, but his Ultimate doesn't have all the debuffs that Sephiroth's Ultimate has. So I should probably stick with Sephiroth's job throughout the 3 battles. My luck hasn't been that good yet to get the ultimate gauge refilled in time with Sephiroth's job though. LOL

I hadn't really thought about using Ailment materia. Just because I've rarely used Ailment-type abilities or cards. I'll give your suggestion of Sleep, a try though! Thanks!
Hold the innocence of your childhood in your heart, but act not in a childish manner. ~Brian012 2001

brian012
7 months ago#4
Veedrock- posted...
Break is the stat that affects your damage to the red bar.

Dealing with the Sicarius is tricky. They're tough to break, the best way in this event is pairing their weakness materia with the punch or wideslash materia. Using the sleep materia can keep one at Bay while you deal with the other.

I got my 22nd win! :D

Thanks again for mentioning the ailment materia! I tried Sleep, but since I don't get injured until I fight Sephiroth, it wasn't quite as useful as I thought. However, it did inspire me to check out my Stun materia. It almost helped me beat Sephiroth the first time I used it. Stun wore off 3 of his turns but then he used his ultimate. so I paired it with Slow materia, and I just beat him! :D
For my 1st materia command line, it now looks like this.

Fire, Strafecast, WildSlash; Stun, Break Power Up, Slow

On to the next node! If I still have time. lol

Thanks again Veedrock!

EDIT: Managed 2 more victories, for 24 total. Final Rank 3754! So close, 2 more wins would've gotten me to the next tier. Oh well! Maybe next event! :D

Veedrock-
7 months ago#5
Props on getting past your wall. Victories like that are the best feeling in the game.
My friends call me Vee.

brian012
7 months ago#6
Many thanks! Yeah! I love trying to overcome nearly impossible odds in games that at least give you an honest chance, no matter how slim. LOL

I've just completed the Lifestream part of Northern Caverns, got the little golden message we get when an area is complete, but for some reason, my area info says that I've only cleared 86 of 94 areas, but found all 50 treasure chests. I've teleported through every level of Northern Caverns, and can't see any other new nodes to visit.
Any ideas?

Also, the monsters, the sicarius and the difficulty levels of the Lifestream portion of the Northern Caverns is INSANE. Used up about 20 or so Phoenix Down to complete it. They are just insanely stronger than what I encountered in the Fatal Calling ranking event. Your deck is probably more powerful than mine. The last battle took me about 8 revivals. I mean even the Proto-SOLDIERS can kill with one shot. Even if you have an elemental drive to resist their element. Granted, I was using Sephiroth and his HP (less than 9000) is lower than some other jobs, but the damage the attacks were doing, from even the basic foes, would've taken out any of my jobs with one shot. Even the maxed out ones, even if they were buffed. LOTS of treasures though, and the final prizes are pretty good too. Nothing too unique that you can't get through other means in the game, but it did feel good to get through a new area EARLY for a change. lol
That blasted Ability Lockout is in almost every round in every node too. So be prepared to be annoyed. Just wanted to give a heads up on the difficulty. Thanks again for your advice earlier! ^_^

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
7 months ago#7
Several nodes on that map are used as a level indicator. They cannot be cleared.

Have you installed his special skill (+2000 HP) for HoD? It improves his survivability quite a lot.

brian012
7 months ago#8
AH! Ok, thanks AI_Sleeper!
The custom skill for Hero of Despair? I saw it, but it's got that yellow sign with the ! on it indicating it can't be accessed. When I click on it all I get is this buzz-like sound and it doesn't activate. Having that 2000hp would've been helpful in the rankling event! LOL

Let's see, it's for Hero of Despair, it has x1 in the top center, under "Set" it says 0. HP 2000+ which we know, and at the bottom, is a star with a 5 after it, whatever that means.

Odd that I can't seem to set it when it's for the HoD job. With or without panel openers. I have plenty of Skillseeds too.

It seems I have another mysterious Custom Skill in here, right next to the one for the HoD, is one that says it's for a mage, that raises base attributes by 50%. Currently not in use.

Now this is interesting, for HoD, apparently there are 2 auto abilities that aren't activated. Area Ultimate Charge:Abilities, and the 2nd looks like... Damage up 50%. And his Ultimate move, is apparently at level 9. Not sure if that's it's max or what. Is there something more I can do for jobs beyond maxing out their skill panels and having all 5-star cards with their levels and abilities maxed out? Current level for my HoD is 284.

Any thoughts on how I can activate the Custom Skill for HoD?
Thanks in advance!

Veedrock-
7 months ago#9
It has to go on the bottom row of the custom skill panel.
My friends call me Vee.

User Info: Al_Sleeper

Al_Sleeper
7 months ago#10
brian012 posted...
Now this is interesting, for HoD, apparently there are 2 auto abilities that aren't activated. Area Ultimate Charge:Abilities, and the 2nd looks like... Damage up 50%.
They are activated in multiplayer. These are standard abilities of an Attacker.
  1. Boards
  2. Mobius Final Fantasy
  3. What would you Recommend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived