• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  3. Why are they offering preloading on a digital only release?

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
4 years ago#1
If it's done, just release the damn thing. It's not like we're waiting for the discs to hit stores for both to release the same day. Hell, ordering digital should grant you early access over people buying the disc anyway as an incentive to go digital.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG

User Info: TheGoToSleep

TheGoToSleep
4 years ago#2
Viper187666 posted...
If it's done, just release the damn thing. It's not like we're waiting for the discs to hit stores for both to release the same day. Hell, ordering digital should grant you early access over people buying the disc anyway as an incentive to go digital.

I went on the exact same rant to a friend when I saw it sitting on my HDD and realized its digital only.

Change the preorder bonus to "first 30 days of purchase" and bam!

This and Blazblue are my games for the summer, Batman Asylum was fun but couldn't get into City so will wait for Knight to hit $20.

Gimme dmc4 nooooow :(
GFaqs: Where the elitist gather to shout "casual", "master race" and wear their age as a badge of honor.

User Info: Tsuruke

Tsuruke
4 years ago#3
Viper187666 posted...

Because street dates still have to be met -- it doesn't matter if it's physical or digital. Contracts between supplier/manufacture/developer still have to be upheld which typically involves a street date. Otherwise, parties involved that violated part(s) of the contract can be held accountable and legal action could be taken.

Contrary to Internet belief, this goes for Sony, Valve, and Microsoft being the digital supplier, not just brick and mortar shops.

That said, once whomever breaks release date, everyone else is free to release the form of media themselves.

inb4yousrslythinkthatsonyandthemwillgetsuedorfinedforreleasingagameearly
To that I would say, "You nor I have the details of what each individual contract entitles to, but it's always possible".
All your tear are belong to us
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  3. Why are they offering preloading on a digital only release?
  • Topic Archived