• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Severed
  3. The Father's memento seems impossible to get to.

User Info: djunk411

djunk411
4 years ago#1
Got this game yesterday and found everything except the Father's memento. I know where it is, but the battle to get to it is literally impossible, or at least feels like it. There are three enemies in the battle and two are easy enough, but one of the enemies in it has every stat boost, including the one that blocks you from using magic on it, you have to block 3 of it's attacks (which are sped up) before you can damage it, it heals constantly (which is also sped up), even with max upgrades it heals during it's attacks about as much as you damaged it, and to top it off it's in one of the "cloud" rooms where battles have a limited time before you just lose (because the magic that's supposed to be making you fly "runs out"). My elbow is sore and I haven't come close to winning once yet. If it means anything, I haven't faced the final boss yet, but I've found everything else.
PSN: djunk101
147 Platinums!!!!

User Info: zeldafreak1991

zeldafreak1991
4 years ago#2
Yeah I'm having trouble with this as well. I still have a couple things left to get so I was thinking maybe if I max out my mana stealing buffs from both of the adds would save me enough time but I'm just not sure. Apparently people have done this? I see that a lot of people have gotten the plat. Maybe someone could give some pointers because I'm really feeling like I can't do this.
You stupid bully!

User Info: zeldafreak1991

zeldafreak1991
4 years ago#3
Okay so I just beat it and got the plat. This is definitely the hardest encounter in the entire game but it is possible. I suggest getting the Mother's memento first as it makes it so your rage doesn't overcome you which makes it a little bit easier. When you are hitting the Dog's vulnerable part all I can say is make sure your swipes are fast but also wide enough to register as a long slash for the increased damage. You cannot miss even a single parry and a lot of luck with crits is needed. After you kill the second eyeball you should have roughly 75% of your time remaining to devote to the dog. Anything less than 75ish% and you probably will not be able to finish. The first eyeball must be killed flawlessly as that resets your mana and gives you an instant buff steal on the second eyeball which is absolutely necessary to kill it with enough time remaining to deal with the dog. Also rage is enabled any time you are striking an enemy to maximize damage and save time. Good luck dude and keep trying. Just remember that it IS possible. It is not bugged or flawed in design. It is just really tight.
You stupid bully!

User Info: Seibei4211

Seibei4211
4 years ago#4
Ok, so I finally just beat this and I thought I'd give my two cents. I finished with so much time to spare that I don't understand how that happened. Anyway, I devoured the buffs from the eye on the right (attack/defense), then charge attacked the two broken sections and killed it with long slashes. I didn't activate focus from that, but it's possible to do so. I went straight for the dog instead of killing the other eye. I didn't use rage to kill the first eye, but once the ghost transformed into the dog, I activated it then to give it a little time to charge up. I didn't deactivate rage, I would just reactivate it at the beginning of the parry sections. So I would turn it on before exposing the weak point to give it a few seconds of charge time during the three parries. It took three rounds of weak points to kill the dog. I think I used one charge attack during the first weak point, but I didn't use any after that. I just did long slashes. I had about 25% of my time limit left, turned to the eye, and I didn't even charge attack the sections. When you're that powered up, you can just slash through the broken sections.

User Info: brightontoon

brightontoon
4 years ago#5
Are the mementos in the memento rooms?

The two I've found so far are empty. No clues or anything to say there is a secret in there. Not sure what I'm missing.

Also this battle is nuts. I've tried dozens of times!!!
PSN: Murdoc2206

User Info: Lloyd_15

Lloyd_15
4 years ago#6
I knew i would find an answer here, I've been trying for half an hour, my finger hurts.

Yes, in the memento rooms, for the brother one, walk to the 'redest' direction until it appears

User Info: Seibei4211

Seibei4211
4 years ago#7
The mementos are in the room. There's a trick to each room and there's a reason there's no mini-map in the memento rooms. You just have to be more perceptive.

User Info: TonisESP

TonisESP
4 years ago#8
I can't win this fight no matter how many times I try... I always start with devouring the right eye and killing it to get full focus... I CANNOT beat the dog before time runs up and that's even skipping the left eye... Somebody needs to post a video of this fight

User Info: brightontoon

brightontoon
4 years ago#9
Cool got 2/3.

The father one, I'm not sure what to say.

My closest result seems to be killing left, then right. But the speed healing just destroys me.

Luck is a part, but there is obviously a very specific way to do it. Video would be hugely helpful!
PSN: Murdoc2206

User Info: upsidaisium

upsidaisium
4 years ago#10
I'm happy to find a thread about this fight. I tried so many times yesterday and the best I managed was to get that monster with all the stat boosts down to about 50% HP before time ran out. Very frustrating :| But I haven't gotten any of the mementos yet. I found the memento rooms but didn't realize there was a trick to them. I had assumed that you had to complete something somewhere else first before the mementos would appear. Time to go figure out tricks in the memento rooms and then have another try at this battle.
I can explain. See it used to be milk, and... well, time makes fools of us all!
  1. Boards
  2. Severed
  3. The Father's memento seems impossible to get to.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A