• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter General
  3. Which pre-Tri MH should I play?

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
6 months ago#1
I'm going to buy a PSP-3000 but I'm confused by the different versions of the early MH games. I know MHFU is popular, but is there another one I should get? I only want games that are in English.
Monster Hunter is life. That is all.

User Info: adrapxam

adrapxam
6 months ago#2
none, run and hide from pre third gen games.

but if you really want to play one Freedom Unite is the best option as it has all pre third gen content in one game
Official Gargwathalos of the Gargwa
Discord for the Gargwa https://discord.gg/0nfJlCQA8gb3qA5e

adrapxam
6 months ago#3
also, if you want to see how far monhun has really come in terms of quality....

buy Freedom one

no gunlance or hunting horn
no GS charge
no hammer charge
no sns item use
you need to have the mats in your bag to upgrade/forge weapons

the list goes on

MuttonBasher
6 months ago#4
Thanks for the response. Since I'm likely done with the franchise going forward (didn't like Gen; won't play MHW because of Denuvo) I might as well go backwards for one last fix.

Any other can't-miss games for PSP? I'm already eyeing God of War: Chains of Olympus and X-Men Legends II. I want an RPG too, but JRPGs have always been hit or miss with me.

adrapxam
6 months ago#5
well iirc one of the metal gear games has rath and tiggy in it as hidden bosses.

peacewalker i think

also just wait for the denuvo crack if it bothers you that much, no reason to miss out on one of the better games this gen

MuttonBasher
6 months ago#6
I'm hoping they'll remove it eventually. It's funny how many ups and downs I've had over a game I've never played. I've been hyped beyond hype, crushed by disappointment, had my faith renewed, and now I need a fainting couch to nurse my despair. xD

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
6 months ago#7
Of the fourteen MH games I've played, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is still the ultimate Monster Hunter. Best variety, best environments, best farm, best kitchen. 2500+ hours, and I still go back to improve my Treasure Hunt records.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

MuttonBasher
6 months ago#8
2,500 hours is what I've put into 4U, so this should be interesting. I'm hoping FU is tougher than 3U (which is tougher than 4U). I don't even care if it's completely soloable by me, I'm just looking for a fresh challenge.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter General
  3. Which pre-Tri MH should I play?
  • Topic Archived