You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter General
  3. The Apex Predators Lounge (#1)

User Info: hug_a_cactus

hug_a_cactus
9 months ago#241
Smoke bombs help keep monsters from noticing you. If the monsters are far enough apart (doesn't take much seperation), you can fight one while other won't see you
The black winds howl
The goal of golf is to get good enough to play less golf.....

User Info: Voyd211

Voyd211
9 months ago#242
Further reading (and a little bit of testing) informed me that smoke bombs prevent monsters from noticing you... if you haven’t already been spotted. Once they see you, smoke bombs are useless.
Autocorrect and Circle with Disney. Together, they are the bane of my existence.
Current games: Monster Hunter Generations, Link to the Past randomizers

User Info: Caliginosus

Caliginosus
9 months ago#243
Voyd211 posted...
Further reading (and a little bit of testing) informed me that smoke bombs prevent monsters from noticing you... if you haven’t already been spotted. Once they see you, smoke bombs are useless.

Yup, they also block flash bombs. Not sure if they also block flash attacks from monsters though.
What is positive, very small and meows? A cation. *ba-dum-ts*
The official Jho Whisperer of the Apex Predators.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
9 months ago#244
wen i fite shiny goat

gotta wrestle goat maaaaan
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
Lord Cate, mighty slayer of trolls.

Voyd211
9 months ago#245
What’s the benefit of being in sword mode with a Switch Axe? There’s the phial discharge, yeh, but you’re slower and I remember from Gaijin Hunter’s tutorial that the motion values for its attacks are actually lower than axe mode.
Autocorrect and Circle with Disney. Together, they are the bane of my existence.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
9 months ago#246
Someone isnt aware of the crazy Demon Riot + Energy Charge combo.

20% power boost for Sword mode, 30% affinity boost *assuming both are max level*, and can easily last the entire hunt if you're even slightly aware of what you're doing as the latter can be used over and over.

Poor SA is a weapon that really doesnt utilize its Axe name very well.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
Lord Cate, mighty slayer of trolls.

Voyd211
9 months ago#247
I don’t have Energy Charge 3 unlocked, unfortunately.

User Info: Juicylady

Juicylady
9 months ago#248
If you need help in Gens I'm free just Discord me Snarky Unicorn or PM me here or Tag
JUICEY's FC: 2337-7620-2740,0834-4349-5234,1307-0822-4515 let me know what code u add plz
~\(~.^)/~ Looking for forms of life to serve over Rice.

Voyd211
8 months ago#249
So a year or two ago, my friend SkarmorySilver decided to put together a Monster Hunter fangame. He pulled me into it, and I helped him with the ideas and logic (he got me into the series, but he still hasn’t played it, so I know more than him now. Funny how that works =P). A lot of changes have been made, but basically?

Welcome to Monster Hunter Plus.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VF78F7OITu3UOO1th_Prv0fdICa4V2UHjH0MrSKV6Bw

...we have too much time on our hands. Okay, I have too much time on my hands, Skar is always monstrously busy, but let me know what y’all think! Most of the monsters were created by Skar.

The things I added were the mechanics and ideas based on World, the refined monster training based on Stories, and the following monsters: Kongarda (King Kong Fanged Wyvern, back when we thought that Fanged Wyverns were mammalian wyverns), Baskaroth (basilisk-lizard Leviathan that water-runs via explosions), Rozith (small monster rat wyvern), Demijho (baby pack-hunting Deviljho), Pyrausta (insectoid Elder), Solson (flatfish Piscine), Koloi (tiny goldfish Piscine), and Rathlings (Rath babies).

This is still very much a work in progress, so we’re constantly tweaking it to be more consistent with existing games

(Yes, Skar added underwater combat. No, I couldn’t convince him to get rid of it because he wants to fight Lagi underwater. I haven’t played Tri, but water controls are universally terrible unless the whole game is built around them)
(edited 8 months ago)

Voyd211
8 months ago#250
I’m going to guess that nobody’s looked at it and/or is interested?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter General
  3. The Apex Predators Lounge (#1)