• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III
  3. Kig's randomized run log

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
2 years ago#31
Back in the castle again, as I’m nowhere near strong enough to win this fight. Erik got to level 23! Tactics roll says: 2. Erik got to level 24! Tactics roll says: 4. Jade got to level 35! Retirement/class change roll says: 1 - she stays. Tactics roll says: 6. Erik got to level 25! Retirement/class change roll says: 6 - retirement. Back to Aliahan, but I needed a rest anyways.

Again, fighting in the castle, needing 26k for a coin flip. Hero got to level 41! Coin flip says: heads. Off to Aliahan. Class roll says: 1 - Warrior. Gender coin flip says: tails. I’ll name her Jessica, from VIII though not a Warrior in the game

Back in the castle.. Jessica got to level 5! Retirement roll says: 5. Jessica got to level 7! Tactics roll says: 5.

After a quick stop at an inn, we return to fight in the castle. Jessica got to level 8! Tactics roll says: 6. Jessica got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 3. Tactics roll says: 4. And she wins a battle all by herself lol. Jessica got to level 11! Tactics roll says: 5. Jessica got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 3. Jessica got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 4. Jessica got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 1. Jade got to level 36! Tactics roll says: 1. Jessica got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 1 - that’s the end of her. So off to Aliahan we go.

In the castle once more after a rest. I crit on a Liquid Metal Slime, gaining 22k and no one levels lol. Much later on, a single Armful used his paralysis breath and got both of us, so I had to fly back. Jade got to level 37! Tactics roll says: 2. Hero got to level 42! Coin flip says: tails. Jade got to level 38! Tactics roll says: 1. Hero got to level 43! Coin flip says: heads. To Aliahan we go.

Class roll says: 5 - Merchant. Gender coin flip says: tails - female. Jill, maybe? Sure , why not. One battle later in the castle.. Jill got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 2. Jill got to level 11. Tactics roll says: 3. Jill got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 4. Jill got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 6. Jill got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 5 - retired.

All rested up, the two of us head back into the castle.. Jade got to level 39! Tactics roll says: 4. She’s really coming into her own, and consistently getting the first attack in most rounds. After a lot of battles, and a nice crit on a Liquid Metal Slime.. Hero got to level 44! Coin flip says: tails. Jade got to level 40! Hitting that threshold means she stays for good, though one could easily say she became permanent when she survived the retirement/class change roll at 35. Tactics roll says: 4. After many battles I’m out of mp, time for a rest.
Streaming Randomizers & other games I enjoy 4 nights a week - http://twitch.tv/kigalas

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
2 years ago#32
It is fun following this unique type of game play.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

Kigalas
2 years ago#33
Hey guy, nice to know someone is following me along. It’s been an interesting run, that’s for sure. Pretty much what I expected, but I forgot about how strong Baramos is and the grind necessary to get past him. If I could change anything I’d add a rule where once a party member passes a Retirement roll they’ve cleared it for that level, and won’t have to roll for that level if they have a class change. I’m not adding that rule though.
Streaming Randomizers & other games I enjoy 4 nights a week - http://twitch.tv/kigalas

Kigalas
2 years ago#34
Time for another try at the big guy. Everything went great until Jade got confused, but I try again from the autosave. Next try he sent Jade flying out of my party. Third try Hero got confused, ruining the party. Fourth try she was sent flying again. On the fifth attempt, we came out victorious, with each gaining a whopping 32767 experience!

The party gets teleported to just outside Aliahan. We’re warmly greeted in town, then we go speak with the King. Ah, a celebration! But wait, thunder and darkness come, with the booming voice of Zoma offering suffering and oblivion to the world as we know it. Not done yet I see..

That’s right, the cave to the east of Castle Baramos. Let’s check it out. There’s a giant pit here, and a lowly soldier. We enter the pit, and find ourselves in the land of darkness, Alefgard. Seems we’re on an island, but there is a ship here to use.

I land on the mainland, head east and enter the town. I scour the area for items. Personality book found! Coin flip says: tails. Personality book found! Coin flip says: tails. Two switches for Jade, but her Mighty Armet negates them. I enter the caste here and take a look around. Sunstone acquired! I speak with the King here and save for now.

Time to explore this place. First, on foot. Not much directly east or west, but there’s a cave to the south. No time for that at the moment though. Hero got to level 45! Coin flip says: heads. And to the light world we travel. Class roll says: 1 - Warrior. Gender coin flip says: tails. I’ll name her Gen, after my dad’s mom. I get her geared up and save with the Chancellor in Aliahan, as the King is troubled by recent events.

Back near Tantagel.. Gen got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 1 - that was quick. Off to Aliahan it is then, lol. Maybe she didn’t like getting crushed to death in her first 5 battles.

Back to exploring, I head to that cave I found to the south. Jade got to level 41! Tactics roll says: 6. A handful of chests, including a pair of probably cursed items. To the north of town I find another cave to explore later. Northwest of the cave I find a small settlement and talk of a Lute but not much else.

I head far to the east, and don’t find much. Eventually getting wiped by a combination of Muddy Hands, Stone Guardians and a lack of mp. It probably would’ve been 5-7k exp had we survived. Anyways, I heal up and head back east to finish exploring. Hero got to level 46! Coin flip says: heads. Let’s see what we get this time around.

Back in Aliahan, I drop off Mini Medals first, and receive a Mercury’s Bandana. Class roll says: 5 - Merchant. Gender coin flip says: tails. I’ll name her Steph, after my sister. And back to Tantagel to continue exploring. Steph got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 2. Steph got to level 11! Tactics roll says: 4. Steph got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 1. Steph got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 1. Steph got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 4. I got a little exp hungry against some Hands and Statues which went south a bit of course. In the end Jade got 15k exp out of it. Jade got to level 42! Tactics roll says: 5. I use a Chimera Wing to return to Tantagel, resurrect my party, and save it with the King.

Kigalas
2 years ago#35
We head west from Tantagel and get on the boat. We sail west and south along the coast, then east into an inlet. Steph got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 4. We land near a bridge, and I can see a town to the south. Steph got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 1.

I enter the town and take a look around. Personality book found! Personality roll says: 4 - Jade. I continue searching the town and hear of something sparkly near the stables, and after searching I find orichalcum! I also hear of a Sphere of Light in the upper world. Must be in that castle surrounded by mountains that I haven’t visited yet. Maybe next time, but for now I save back in Tantagel Castle.

I Zoom back to the city I found, Damdara and explore on foot to the north first. Steph got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 3. Ok, north just goes back towards Tantagel, southward it is. Steph got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 5. Steph got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 5. Steph got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 1 - class change.

To the Abbey we go. Sage roll says: 3. Class roll says: 6 - Thief. Back to Tantagel to level her up around there. Steph got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 4. Steph got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 2. Steph got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 6. Steph got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 2. Tactics roll says: 4. Steph got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 3.

I walked south of Damdara and am fighting as I explore south then east. Steph got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 3. Steph got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 5. Steph got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 6. Steph got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 1 - class change. I was down to 50 mp anyways.

We Zoom to Alltrades Abbey and get out the dice. Sage roll says: 5 - winner! Coin flip says: heads - she turns into a Sage and becomes my second permanent party member. This is wonderful, and crazy how she has both the Thief and Merchant spells up to level 20.

Kigalas
2 years ago#36
I believe I officially have a party now. We head back to Tantagel to level up our newest full time party member. Steph got to level 9! She just learned 10 new spells lol. Tactics roll says: 2. Steph got to level 10! Tactics roll says: 5. Hero got to level 47! Coin flip says: heads.

We head over to Patty’s Party Planning Place for maximum alliteration. Class roll says: 4 - Priest. Gender coin flip says: heads. He can be Angelo, from VIII. Back over to Tantagel Castle. Angelo got to level 5! Retirement roll says: 5. Tactics roll says: 4. Steph got to level 11! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 6! Tactics roll says: 5. Steph got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 3. Angelo got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 5. Tactics roll says: 6. Angelo got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 6 again. Steph got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 2. Angelo got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 2. Steph got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 2. Tactics roll says: 3. Steph got to level 15! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 6. Angelo got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 1. Steph got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 5. Steph got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 2. Jade got to level 43! Tactics roll says: 1. Steph got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 6. Angelo got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 2 - class change. To the Abbey! Class roll says: 3 - Mage.

And back to fighting around Tantagel castle. Angelo got to level 5! Retirement roll says: 6. Angelo got to level 8! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 3. Steph got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 3. Time for a break.

Time to go to Kol, so we get on the ship and sail north. Angelo got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 3. Steph got to level 20! Tactics roll says: 1. After making the turn to the east, we come across an island with a tower on it. Heading south along its east coast, we make landfall on the mainland just to the east.

To the east we find the Kol settlement. We take a look around the town. Faerie Flute obtained! Seems the item shop owner is originally from Jipang, and is a master swordsmith. I sell him my Orichalcum, leave and re-enter the town. I return to the item shop, and purchase the Sword of Kings!

We head south from the town. Angelo got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 3. There’s a cave here they’re digging in order to reach Rimuldar on the continent to the south. Time for another break.

We set out from Damdara this time, going to explore the far southern coasts. Angelo got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 1. Steph got to level 21! Tactics roll says: 5. Angelo got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 4. Traveling eastward, I see a town to the north, but it’s behind a mountain range. We come across a Shrine further east, where I obtain the Staff of Rain!

Nothing else to the east, so let’s go to that town. Angelo got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 6. Steph got to level 22! Tactics roll says: 4. We arrive in Cantlin and take a look around the city. Not much going on here, as most are in despair. I find 5 Personality books! Personality rolls (d4) say: 2, 1, 4, 1, 3. I distribute the books accordingly. The elder here tells me to seek out the Sacred Amulet, as I already have both the Sunstone and Staff of Rain. Time for a rest.

Kigalas
2 years ago#37
Since I saved in the Abbey, let’s fly to that castle surrounded by mountains we haven’t been to yet. It’s the castle of the Dragon Queen, and she gives me the Sphere of Light before giving birth to her egg and passing away. I head to Aliahan to drop off Mini Medals, and receive a Dragontail Whip.

Back in the Dark World, I quick heal at Tantagel, then Zoom to Kol so I can more easily get to the southeastern continent. Angelo got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 6 - class change. I guess the continent can wait.

Now at the Abbey, Angelo’s class roll says: 5 - Merchant. Let’s go check out that cave to the northwest of Tantagel. Angelo got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 4.

Into the cave now. Angelo got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 3. Seems spells are neutralized in here, at least it’s equal though. Angelo got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 2. Tactics roll says: 5. Angelo got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 2. Steph got to level 23! Tactics roll says: 5. I find a handful of treasure chests on the bottom floor, as well as some pitfalls which just send me right back where I fell from while basically causing an earthquake. I hug the left wall to access the last chest - Hero’s Shield acquired!

Time to walk out of this place. Hero got to level 48! Angelo got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 6. We Zoom back to Tantagel and save with the King.

I want to check out the tower near Kol, but I’ll let Angelo get to 20 first. We go by sea. Steph got to level 24! Tactics roll says: 3. Angelo got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 6 - class change. Off to the Abbey again for his third change so far. Class roll says: 1 - Warrior.

Back to near Tantagel.. Angelo got to level 5! Retirement roll says: 6. Angelo got to level 9! Tactics roll says: 1. Angelo got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 5. Angelo got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 4. Angelo got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 2. Angelo got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 1. Tactics roll says: 3. Angelo got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 6.

We Zoom to Kol and sail clockwise around the continent so we can reach the southeastern one. Angelo got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 1. Hey look, Liquid Metal Slimes. Steph got to level 25! Tactics roll says: 3. Angelo got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 1. We make it safely to the town of Rimuldar. Looking around the town, I find the Words of Wisdom! Sage is back on the table as far as direct class changes are concerned.

All finished searching the town, so we head further south. Angelo got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 5 - no change. More LMS action for us, coupled with Muddy Hands calling a ton of stuff for almost 14k exp apiece! Steph got to level 26! Tactics roll says: 2. Angelo got to level 21! Tactics roll says: 6. Lots of hills in the south, and a shrine that requires travel by sea.

We head back north to the ship. Angelo got to level 22! Tactics roll says: 1. We take the ship south and land on the island. Steph got to level 27! Tactics roll says: 3. Just a single person inside the shrine, who wants me to prove my worth by finding the Sacred Amulet. The only place I haven’t looked is that tower west of Kol, so we set sail again. Angelo got to level 23! Tactics roll says: 6.

We land on shore and enter the Tower. Jade got to level 44! Tactics roll says: 1. Actually we could use a refill on mp, so we quick Zoom to Kol and rest there.

We walk back to the ship, and sail back, entering the tower once more. Angelo got to level 24! Tactics roll says: 6. A guy outside tells me to bring the Faerie Flute at the top, so I’ll play it up there. Steph got to level 28! Tactics roll says: 1. LMSes here too. Hero got to level 49! Angelo got to level 25! Retirement/class change roll says: 4 - retirement. Alrighty then, off to Aliahan then. I drop off Angelo, then my Mini Medals, and go save with the Chancellor.

Kigalas
2 years ago#38
Back to the Tower west of Kol. I find 8 chests (1 mimic) on the second floor. Black/white tiles change movement, which was a bit easier using a controller. Basically, Black is up. I keep going, falling down in order to reach the back way up to the top. Steph got to level 29! Tactics roll says: 2. I reach the top, play the Fairy Flute, and awaken Rubiss, who gives me the Sacred Amulet!

With the Amulet in my possession, I sail east and south to the shrine on the island far south of Rimuldar. We enter the Shrine, and the person there takes the Sunstone and Staff of Rain and gives me the Rainbow Drop!

Next, a stop in Aliahan to drop off Medals and stop at an inn. The Medals net me a set of Dragon Claws, an upgrade for Jade. I should really head back to the Tower west of Kol, as there was one stairwell I didn’t ascend on the front end. So we Zoom back to Kol and make our way to the tower. We reach the top floor, and I find the Auroral Armor! Alright, time to beat this game.

We Zoom to Rimuldar and set off to the west. Steph got to level 30! Tactics roll says: 1. We reach the western peninsula where I use the Rainbow Drop. A bridge to the west appears! We make our way to the castle, but Steph is way low on mp due to her tactics, so we head to an inn.

All rested up, we head back to Zoma’s lair under Holy Protection to make the trip a little smoother. We make it into the castle with only a few battles. Hero got to level 50! Coin flip says: heads. Off to Aliahan.

Class roll says: 1 - Warrior. Gender coin flip says: heads - male. He’ll be Carver from VI. Back to the final dungeon. Steph got to level 31! Tactics roll says: 5. Carver got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 6. Carver got to level 11! Tactics roll says: 1. Carver got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 5.

Inside the castle now.. Jade got to level 45! Tactics roll says: 4. Carver got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 5. Carver got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 3. Tactics roll says: 6. Carver got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 1. Now I’m out of mp, so back to Rimuldar to heal up and back to the castle.

Hey, Holy Protection wore off finally. And we’re back at Zoma’s place. Carver got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 5. Ok, nothing to be found in the obvious basement, but I remember a prisoner who told me to check behind the throne. Carver got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 1.

Back on the main floor again, I head through the doors towards the throne room and get attacked by the Statues here! Carver got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 3 - class change. At least the door to the throne room is open now.

To the Abbey we Zoom. Sage roll says: 1. Coin flip says: tails. Ok, class roll says: 5 - Merchant. Back to Rimuldar to freshen up, then off again. Carver got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 3. Carver got to level 11! Tactics roll says: 3. Carver got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 2. Steph got to level 32! Tactics roll says: 6. Carver got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 5.

Inside the castle now, we make our way towards the throne room. Carver got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 2. Tactics roll says: 3. Carver got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 3. Carver got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 6. It’s been a while since I’ve had control of 3 characters in battle.

I snag the Mini Medal from the throne and find a staircase behind the throne. We head downstairs. This room is a puzzle, but I know the safe route where you just hold Up. Carver got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 1.

We descend another flight of stairs. This time it’s a maze to figure out. Carver got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 4. Carver got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 3 - class change. We Zoom to the Abbey. Sage roll says: 5. Class roll says: 3 - Mage.

To be continued..

Kigalas
2 years ago#39
We Zoom back to Rimuldar to rest up, and set out again. Carver got to level 5! Retirement roll says: 6. Carver got to level 9! Tactics roll says: 2. Carver got to level 10! Retirement roll says: 5. Tactics roll says: 3.

We’re in the castle now. Carver got to level 12! Tactics roll says: 5. Carver got to level 13! Tactics roll says: 2. Carver got to level 14! Tactics roll says: 2. Carver got to level 15! Retirement roll says: 6. Tactics roll says: 3. We go down a level and into the puzzle room. I skillfully navigate through and check out the two side compartments, which held nothing. Carver got to level 16! Tactics roll says: 5.

We head down into the maze, and attempt to find our way through it. Hero got to level 51! Steph got to level 33! Tactics roll says: 3. Carver got to level 17! Tactics roll says: 1. Carver got to level 18! Tactics roll says: 6. Carver got to level 19! Tactics roll says: 6. Carver got to level 20! Retirement/class change roll says: 2. Tactics roll says: 2.

We reach the next set of stairs and head down. The path snakes around and turns into a large bridge, where we see a man up against a fierce monster! It’s Ortega, the Hero’s father, but he falls to the beast! His dying words are a message to his son, which warms Hero’s heart. We continue on. Carver got to level 21! Tactics roll says: 6. We loot the treasury, finding many useful items and continue on. Carver got to level 22! Tactics roll says: 1.

We head down the final staircase to find a silent, mostly dark room. I prepare my team, then approach the altar. The room light up and Zoma approaches, offering words of discouragement and battles against vicious monsters! King Hydra first, who had slain my father just before. Carver died but we won.

Soul of Baramos next, who promptly ruined us. Ah, but I had quick saved at the Treasury, and follow the same as before. This time, victory! Next is Bones of Baramos, who hits for around 175, sometimes twice. Ouch. We squeak out a win with only Hero and Jade left. Jade got to level 46! Tactics roll says: 5.

Time for the big guy. I’m surprised these Prayer Rings haven’t all broken yet. We lose, so I reload the Quick Save again, and regret not using it just now before the fight. Oh well, through the gauntlet again.

This time we win out against King Hydra with everyone intact. Heal, Quick Save, then fight. Soul of Baramos is no problem either, but starting with Kaclang really helps. Quick Save again after healing, then Bones of Baramos. He’s no trouble either, and we take him down. Carver got to level 23! Tactics roll says: 1. Damn. I was liking his Kabuffs and Sage’s Stone usage.

On to Zoma. He takes a few tries, but eventually I win out with only the Hero left alive - pretty fitting for this run.

Kigalas
2 years ago#40
I gotta say, the leaving places to change party members in some way was the worst of it. Not sure if I’ll do this again, but I’ll definitely have retirement rolls be one time per 5 levels where once passed are done for that person.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III
  3. Kig's randomized run log
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A