• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fat Princess Adventures
  3. I'm loving this game.

User Info: evidpeed

evidpeed
3 years ago#1
What are your guys' set ups? Favorite class/gear?

I've played through normal and about halfway done with hard mode. I started as a warrior, but I've stuck with engineer. That Thunder hammer has got me through some tight spots. I'm excited to test out archer and mage after I max out my engineer.

Any good gear combos? Anyone play grindhouse or the arena? Haven't really touched those yet.
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas

User Info: jfernatt

jfernatt
3 years ago#2
Recently started myself. Haven't cleared normal yet but I've been enjoying the warrior. Can't believe the game isn't more well known tbh.

evidpeed
3 years ago#3
jfernatt posted...
Recently started myself. Haven't cleared normal yet but I've been enjoying the warrior. Can't believe the game isn't more well known tbh.

I don't think it was marketed well. All that I ever seen was the teaser trailer and then a videos where the creators are talking about it only because I was looking for more info on it. I hope they support it a lot more. New accessories and what not.

User Info: Ceri_Cat

Ceri_Cat
3 years ago#4
Fat Princess as a series has the following counting against it.
Size-ist assumptions due to title.
The original game (some people just don't check to see if further games are a different style of play)
The style of play (some people just don't like the style of play of FPA)
Small budget developer (some people ignore anything that isn't AAA, more fool them but check the PS+ announcements any month and you'll see the whiners in force about all the "indie" games [Grow Home was released by Ubisoft so arguably not indie but still griped at as an indie by the tools])

For myself I'm mostly through my second playthrough, I tend to prefer the archer, then engineer, wizard, and finally warrior gets little love from me on my solo runs.

evidpeed
3 years ago#5
Ceri_Cat posted...
Fat Princess as a series has the following counting against it.
Size-ist assumptions due to title.
The original game (some people just don't check to see if further games are a different style of play)
The style of play (some people just don't like the style of play of FPA)
Small budget developer (some people ignore anything that isn't AAA, more fool them but check the PS+ announcements any month and you'll see the whiners in force about all the "indie" games [Grow Home was released by Ubisoft so arguably not indie but still griped at as an indie by the tools])

For myself I'm mostly through my second playthrough, I tend to prefer the archer, then engineer, wizard, and finally warrior gets little love from me on my solo runs.

Yeah, I suppose so. The series is really good though. My fiancée and I got addicted to the match three game they had. She played on her phone and I played on my vita.

We're almost done our second playthrough on hard. We just got done with the temple. We played grindhouse once and I got switched to an archer. I'll probably be an archer next. They seem like fun. I was a warrior at first, but switched to an engineer so we would have more variety and be able to open more chests instead of us both being warriors. I didn't want to switch because of how far in the class I was. After I'm done leveling up some stuff, I'll switch to archer.

Ceri_Cat
3 years ago#6
Oh I agree, I have all 3 currently installed between the PS3, Vita, and PS4. I thought it was just going to be cheap cracks about weight so was much more impressed with the devs when they didn't go the popular fat shaming approach.
Engineers and Archers tend to be able to open all the chests provided you get the right drops off enemies, I'm kind of tired of cherry bombs but ah well. Plus my engineer has electrical immunity so it makes the fort easy to rush.

evidpeed
3 years ago#7
Ceri_Cat posted...
Oh I agree, I have all 3 currently installed between the PS3, Vita, and PS4. I thought it was just going to be cheap cracks about weight so was much more impressed with the devs when they didn't go the popular fat shaming approach.
Engineers and Archers tend to be able to open all the chests provided you get the right drops off enemies, I'm kind of tired of cherry bombs but ah well. Plus my engineer has electrical immunity so it makes the fort easy to rush.

I played the original a little bit and the psp one a tad bit more. I want to go back to the first one and play it more. My fiancée's warrior is immune to stuns I believe as well as having some stats against elemental attacks son she tends to stay alive easier then me. She sometimes switches to a weapon that drops cake more often to help me out. I'm the one that does the damage though.

Ceri_Cat
3 years ago#8
I think the biggest advantage the warrior gets that seems unique is related to equipment drops. IIRC there's several items you get that boost drop rates.

I beat the campaign in the original, the ending was short and sweet but not what I personally anticipated, and I'm usually pretty good with twists.
  1. Boards
  2. Fat Princess Adventures
  3. I'm loving this game.
  • Topic Archived