• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. How come some Boards allow the Community topic flair and some don't?

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 month ago#1
I'm seeing a "Community" tag on some gaming boards which are discussing... gaming, but not that game. Looks interesting, but my board doesn't have it.

Every year several times a year my favorite Board (Politics) has topics come up over "Happy [enter holiday here]" and they get deleted, as there is a topicality enforcement on this board. Or someone wants to gather long-time board members together to discuss something and they're deleted as off-topic. Okay fine and if you say so.

I'm looking through some of the responses on this board and it seems "Community" was designed to have people actually talk to each other about common events, or maybe something only tangentally related to the game. So I'm wondering at the reason for the rule difference.
Do your own research!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Optimus Magnus

Optimus Magnus
1 month ago#2
The Admins set the flairs for each board so we (the mods) don't really know why one board gets a Community flair and another doesn't.
"One shall stand. One shall fall."- Optimus Prime Leader of the Autobots.
"Bringing the Mother-****ing death by Konami!!"- Jan Valentine

User Info: Life Sympathy

Life Sympathy
1 month ago#3
You may request new flair categories for a particular board here if you wish to do so:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/feedback?type=63
We're surrounding you. We see you, but you probably don't see us. And if you see us, we're not letting on that we see you.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. How come some Boards allow the Community topic flair and some don't?
  • Post New Message