You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Not obvious Banned words

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
4 weeks ago#1
Are there any words that are banned completely from being used on gfaqs?
I realize providing me with a list of these words so I don't use them might be difficult.

But before I said some stuff that might be offensive but isn't obviously offensive.

Like is sheepeople a banned word on Gfaqs is it?
Or what about privlaged?
It's not like I'm saying it directly at anyone specific, so it's not flaming, right?

I just would like to avoid getting moderated for avoidable offenses.
_/(.-.)\_

User Info: Jetblackmoon

Jetblackmoon
4 weeks ago#2
There is no list of banned words/terms/phrases. If you try to post something a word/term/phrase that's not allowed on the boards, you'll get an error and be told to edit your message.

Words like "sheeple" (I've always thought whoever came up with this term was trying way too hard) or "privileged" are not banned terms. To put it simply, GameFAQs has a zero tolerance policy for name calling. Even minor things like "You're a jerk." will be moderated if marked.

You can read more about it under the 'Flaming' section of Board Etiquette. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/features/board_etiquette
"I am for like it but on xbox, I did Titanfall as we were for cant destiny and Titanfall, side by side, I haven't much am for it, maybe seven?" - Over

User Info: CTVector

CTVector
4 weeks ago#3
One way to not get modded for being offensive is to not be offensive. Don't call people names and you won't be modded for flaming. It's pretty straightforward.
Ye read, ye move.

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
4 weeks ago#4
Well I'm not directly name calling anyone in specific, nor even any specific groups.
I just referred to society in general.

So it's not flaming then, and if it's not flaming I can say whatever I want? Too a reasonable extent, of course.

Here's my post that I'm talking about.

MrDrSirLord1337 posted...
I don't understand what all this controversy is about.
There is a random pride flag on a wall, how is this a problem in any way shape or form?

If they made an update that put a pride flag on the main characters face, or did a whole level dedicated to the pride flag.
I can see how there would be some controversy considering this is a kids game.

Some sheepeople these days just love to complain about how awful their privlaged 1st world lives are don't they?

...sheepeople isn't a banned word on Gfaqs is it?
Or what about privlaged?
It's not like I'm saying it directly at anyone specific, so it's not flaming, right?
_/(.-.)\_
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Not obvious Banned words