You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Editing citations

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
1 week ago#1
Hello,

Would it be a moddable offense to include a users tag in the citation when quoting them? for example:

JaeredMack (tag: this is me) posted...
blah blah blah

The question has more to do with instances where you have tagged someone as a troll, or something.
Sanders '20 | the 1% is comfortable enough.
Founder, GameFAQs Inclusivity+ Initiative 2019 - Promoting Equality and Unity for Everyone

User Info: Optimus Magnus

Optimus Magnus
1 week ago#2
Yes. Users don't need to know what you have them tagged as and it serves no other purpose than to annoy them. Even if it's something positive there's no reason it needs to be included when quoting them.
"One shall stand. One shall fall."- Optimus Prime Leader of the Autobots.
"Bringing the Mother-****ing death by Konami!!"- Jan Valentine

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
1 week ago#3
Optimus Magnus posted...
Yes. Users don't need to know what you have them tagged as and it serves no other purpose than to annoy them. Even if it's something positive there's no reason it needs to be included when quoting them.

But, I don't want to annoy them. I want them to know that I know they are trolling.

Appreciate your reply and accept that it would be considered flaming/offensive/whatever.
Sanders '20 | the 1% is comfortable enough.
Founder, GameFAQs Inclusivity+ Initiative 2019 - Promoting Equality and Unity for Everyone

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
1 week ago#4
Calling another user a troll is also flaming. If you dislike a user this much I highly suggest you just ignore them rather than try and engage and start arguments with them.
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MMZ

MMZ
1 week ago#5
If you believe a user is trolling then mark the trolling posts and/or ignore them. Responding with flaming/trolling of your own would likely only lead to moderations of your own. If the poster is really a troll then responding at all is usually a bad call; as the old adage says, "Don't feed the trolls"
Signature Edition Signature
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Editing citations