• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Do you have a "i know trolling when i see it" policy?

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
3 months ago#1
Instead of clear and objective criteria to define trolling? I ask this because the example of you give for trolling in the Tou is fairly narrow and discussions in the boards are much more broad than just: Topic "this game sucks and everybody who enjoys it is stupid" or Topic "what do you think of game x?" troll answer "this game sucks and everybody who enjoys it is stupid" or your non-trolling answer "i hated this game, the controls were awful". Also, do you agree with this statement and act in accordance with it: trolling can be any sentence or word that might potentially get reported as trolling by a user that got upset or just doesn't agree with it and with which any mod agrees as constituting trolling?

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
3 months ago#2
Being constructive is key when voicing a viewpoint. Outright bashing is trolling. Crafting a well thought out argument or idea, even if it may be a negative viewpoint is not trolling. Also, don't be insulting towards those that may have an opposite viewpoint as you do, that is also something that we would consider trolling.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
3 months ago#3
Saying it like that seems simple but there is a great degree of subjectivity there. You guys should give more concrete examples. Either way, and since the theme is very dear to me these days, lets say i posted this on the ps4 board: Topic: "What kind of real life women should be used as templates for game females?" and then followed it with "I believe all female characters in videogames should be in the same level of physical attractiveness as Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron, Megan Fox, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce because it is a plus for games to have women as attractive as these." Also, tagged with the community flair. Would this constitute trolling? If so, what could be changed so that it could pass?

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
3 months ago#4
Please review the sticky. You aren't permitted to talk about your moderations. Follow the existing process that you are doing for that.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Do you have a "i know trolling when i see it" policy?
  • Topic Archived